1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

MineZ Descent to Madness Part 1

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by DarkApostle999, May 25, 2013.

MineZ - Descent to Madness Part 1
  1. InquisitorEslaf Regular Member

XP:
    118,505xp
    Inspired by a couple of stories I read on the Minez roleplay forums, I decided to write a story of my own: Descent to Madness. I will try to post one or two chapters daily and leave the title of the next chapter as a spoiler. Enjoy!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 - A Lost Soul
    My eyes opened and squinted at the beating sunlight. I lifted my head and felt a pain in my mouth. It appeared I woke up in the water at the southern coast. I lifted a blooded hand to touch where I felt the most pain. It stung when I touched the left side of my mouth. Then I realized my jaw was broken.
    It mattered not for I got onto my feet and observed the landscape. I must had been in the west for I was only familiar with the east and I never have seen this kind of land before. The grass around me was dead and the trees looked scourged by the sunlight.
    My gaze shifted to the right and noticed a city in the distance. I was relieved to find civilization and almost shouted for help. I stopped myself when I remembered... the world just ended. There was a figure in the distance that looked too sick and rotting to be alive. A zombie, I realized.
    I looked around me to find what did I have. It appeared I only had a glass bottle, a bandage, and a dull sword of wood. It would have to do, I thought.
    After filling up my bottle with water, I approached the zombie with light footsteps. Only a meter away and the foul-spawn charged right at me. I drove my blade into the thing's head repeatedly before it froze. It fell to the ground when I retracted the blade.
    When I tucked the sword in its sheath, I noticed light movement at the corner of my eye. I peered through the iron fence of the town graveyard and noticed a figure in dark clothing who just stepped into the church building. I decided to travel around the perimeter of the walled off town in search for an entrance.

Chapter 2 - The Quiet One
    I found the gates to the city. It was called, Grimdale. I heard about this place; it was the capital of the world when the warring east and west continents made peace. That was before the apocalypse and it seemed like this town was a glorious monument. Now it looked like a deserted ghost town like Geuten. I entered the place and it was a majesty. I walked under the roof of the largest building and entered the main walkways of gravel. I gazed at the church building, which may have a survivor in. Since there were zombies littered across the city rooftops, I tried to sneak close to the walls.
    Eventually, I entered the church. There seemed to be no one inside but I heard the rummaging of materials downstairs. It was probably the survivor. Yes, I'm not alone!
    I walked into the main room, which had rows of seats on each side and a podium at the end. It was a beautiful place. Then I was struck by memories. I remembered who I was. I was the apostle who ran the Aeternalis Cathedral in the east. Then I remembered that churches like these usually had potions that can heal a person.
    Looking behind the podium, I found a chest and opened it. I grabbed an apple hurriedly; I was starved. There was another bandage and some arrows as well. I kept them all just in case. I decided then to look on the balcony when I turned and saw it behind me. Climbing up the staircase, the knowledge of the survivor completely slipped my mind.
    Once I reached up there, I was halted when an arrow nearly missed my neck. It was the survivor, a girl in dark clothing. She spoke nothing as she kept her bow aimed at my head. I stood still and put my hands up. It was a difficult situation for I was never threatened before.
    She nodded towards the bars on the ledge of the balcony, indicating that I must grab onto them. Once I did, she backed up a bit and reached for the chests in the back room. There were all the health potions and she was taking them all. I kept still, not knowing what to do. Once she had all the potions in her pack, she simply walked down the stairs without a word.
    When she was out of sight, I took the bolt she fired and chased after her. She was about to exit the church when I appeared behind her. Immediately, she drew her stone sword and pointed it at my neck. With the arrows in my right hand, as well as the ones from the chest, I lifted them up towards her. She looked at them and then looked at me. Lowering her sword, she grabbed the arrows and put them in her pack. She also grabbed one of the looted potions. She tossed it and I caught it, almost dropping it the first time. I looked up and she was walking out the door.
    I went downstairs and found a pack for myself. With care, I placed my health potion with the apple I looted earlier. I was glad the girl was friendly. I hoped others would be the same....

Chapter 3 - Nightmares of the Past
    I woke up the next day in the inn. Knowing that the world ended, I chose to sleep in the luxury suite after I found something to stitch up my jaw. It was a nice place but it didn't stop my nightmares.
    They were memories of the past. This was a year after the war was over. I was at Carmi about to cast the blessings of a safe return of the Spirit of Peace, a boat that had just arrived. The king of Cole was there to celebrate its return. This was a ceremony to commemorate the brave warriors who gave their lives in the war. It was also the celebration of the Romero-Carmi Pact, the famous peace treaty that held for two years. The peace ended when the boat did not return... and the zombie outbreak began.
    The king crimsoned the boat as it left the very next day. The whole of Carmi cheered; it was a happy time. My dream fast forwarded to the day of the outbreak. I was combating the hoards with a number of people. We held Mount Longton with about five men. Death was everywhere my eyes could see. I suddenly found myself running, running so fast. Then I stopped to catch my breath at the shoreline. I turned around and a zombie jumped me.
    Woke up with heavy breathing. I was in the luxury suite, still alive. But I heard some voices outside. Sounds like someone is nearby....

Chapter 4 - The True Threat
    I walked outside and went to the court house. When I looked inside, there was a person rummaging in the armoury. He looked up suddenly at me. The newcomer put his sword across his chest; the symbol of peace in the Romero-Carmi pact. Looks like people are using it to signal friendly signs.
    "Who are you?" I asked the fellow.
    "My name is..." he began but suddenly, an arrow smashed through his eye. I quickly ducked behind one of the pillars. Peaking out from around the side, I saw someone with some chain mail armour and had a bow aimed at me. I quickly dodged to the side as an arrow flew past me. Fortunately it was not the girl from before but this guy was unfriendly.
    I ran upstairs and leaned on the side of the balcony. Then I saw a chest and quickly looked inside it. My lucky day, a bow, five arrows, and a stone sword. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. So I drew an arrow back and suddenly had a flashback of Mount Longton. I aimed my bow at the zombie in the pouring rain and fired the bolt through the eye. Flashing back to reality I noticed I killed the guy. He got back up as a zombie and so did the man he killed. I drew my stone sword and cut them apart. They scratched me hard so I had to bandage myself afterwards.
    Looking through their stuff, I found some health potions and more stone swords to repair my own. I took the chain armour and wore it.
    "You killed them?" a voice spoke from downstairs. I looked up and saw another man looking at the two mangled bodies.
    "No, one killed the other and I killed..."
    "Liar!" he yelled at me. "You murdered them and now you will die!" He drew his wooden sword.
    "This is a mistake," I pleaded.
    "I don't think so, bandit!" And he swung his wooden sword at my knee. I stumbled and picked my self up again. Taking an arrow, I raised my bow and shot him in the stomach. He stumbled down the stairs and got back up. I charged at him with my stone sword and plunged it into his chest.
    "You cursed bandit," he spat as his mouth foamed with blood. "One day, I will be avenged and so will those whom you have slain." With those final words, the man fell inactive. I retracted my stone sword. The body reanimated and growled. In response, I sliced the head in half. People will be suspicious. I had to get out of here.
    And so I made my way carefully out of Grimdale and into the woods. No one seemed to be around but I could not take my chances. Then I heard voices saying, "I think the bandit went this way." I had to run. I stayed by the river and moved on.

Chapter 5 - Adventure Bound
    My chain armour rattled as I sprinted down the river. I eventually stopped and looked behind me. Nothing was after me, not even zombies. That was good. I took the time to eat that apple I picked up back there and refill my water bottle by the river.
    I walked to a broken bridge that touched the desert. A gravel path lead the opposite direction. It was a difficult choice for me. If I were to stay by the coast, I could head east and find my way home. On the other hand, I could head north. During the first day of the outbreak, I heard that a castle called Byesford was the origin of the apocalypse. I was curious to find out what happened. Both ways would be dangerous; the north would most likely have more zombies but the south may have more people and thus more so called bandits. It was late in the day so I thought staying in the desert for the night was not a good idea. The path led somewhere so I could try to find a town for the night.
    In about an hour, I found a place called Yawpton. The place looked more fortified than Grimdale, or at least it would have been before the walls fell. With an adequate amount of food and potions, I decided that military gear was a priority to combat the foul-spawn.
    Walking through the gate, the one place that caught my eye was what looked like a barracks. As I entered inside, I noticed the archery practice targets and a few chests. I grabbed a bow, which I used to repair my own, and some more arrows out of them as well as some chain leggings. Upstairs, I found myself an axe.
    Suddenly, I heard voices outside. I got back against the wall. Taking a risk, I peaked out the window and saw a trio of chain-clad warriors, one of which wore an iron helmet. What was most shocking of all was that they had a prisoner. A young man had his hands tied up and was being dragged by the one with an iron helmet.
    He pushed the captive into the ground. "Where is Sydney?" He grunted. "He was supposed to be holding this place for us."
    "I was radioed yesterday that he would go to Grimdale for sport killing and looting," the weakest looking henchman replied.
    "New-bloods and their pride to bandit-ing," the last one spat. "Kronox, can't we just kill him now? His moaning and grunting is annoying me."
    "I guess he won't stop resisting," replied Kronox, the one who wore the iron helmet. He drew a stone sword. I urged myself to run down there.
    "Where is your iron sword?" The question arose from the weaker one.
    "It broke at Ports," Kronox yelled out. "Now lets end this poor fool!" He pulled the prisoner's head back and touched the neck with it.
    Once he pulled the sword back ready to swing, I fired an arrow through his arm. The other two bandits looked at me and the one in full chain aimed a bow at me. When he fired, I took cover and heard the weaker one say, "Can I get the kill this time?"
    When I looked back I assumed he was approved because he was coming at me with a stone sword. I drew my own and charged at him.
    The bandit pointed his sword at me as he ran. I realized that he made a mistake. Just as we were a meter away, I stepped to the side of him. As he passed by, I swung my sword at his arm without him slashing me.
    While he lay on the ground shouting in pain, I looked at the prisoner who was trying to run away. The chain guy aimed his bow but was immediately distracted by an incoming horde. He fought back by dropping his bow and bringing out an axe. I looked at Kronox, who was getting back up and looking at me.
    "Aaaugh! You will pay for this," he yelled as he grabbed his blade with his good arm and ran at me. I grabbed my bow and shot at him but he dodged it the same way as I dodged the other bandit's sword. He was a tough target. Giving up on that, I un-sheathed my sword and charged at him. We both met each other with clashing blades. He kicked me down and loomed over me with the sword pointing at my head.
    Suddenly, some white object hit him in the face. It made a loud ringing and I saw all the zombies in Yawpton charge right at him. I rolled away from him and Kronox broke out in a run. I got up and saw the second bandit running to. I aimed my bow and fired a bolt at the back of his head.
    As he fell dead, I ran to the prisoner, who was kicking a zombie away. I took out my axe and cleaved the zombie's face into a pulp. The captive just stared at me.
    "Show me your binds," I said and he turned around to show his tied hands. With my stone sword, I cut him loose and he staggered upwards.
    "My thanks, friend," he said.
    "No problem," I said. "What's your name?"
    "Sean," he responded.
    "Hi Sean. So what in the name of Agni is going on?"

Chapter 6 - Uprising
    "Uprising? That was the name of their team?" I was talking to Sean about the people who captured him.
    "Not was; is," he replied. "I was at my hometown, Portsmouth, to visit the tombs I built for my family, who died when the outbreak began. This bandit team strolled in and massacred the group I was with. I kept fighting but they tied me up and brought me here. I assumed that this was their base."
    I looked at the body of the weaker bandit, who Sean shot in the head earlier in anger. "When you said "is", do you mean that there are still more of their team around?"
    "The leader of their team, Malphus the Liberator, is in full iron and probably still looting Portsmouth. Counting casualties, there should be at most five guys left over there."
    Suddenly we heard the sound of a radio make some words out. I rushed to the dead weak bandit and pulled it out. We both listened to the words.
    "This Malphus, calling all of Uprising, our next target is Camp Bell. Kronox, get you and your men back down here. Kronox, respond."
    I looked at Sean, who took the radio and said with a very good impersonation of Kronox's voice, "Yes, yes, we're coming."
    "Good. Lets see if we can beat that military outpost down."
    The radio went into silence. Sean looked at me.
    "I had some practice while trying to annoy Kronox on the way over here," he said with a smirk. "Now lets get us some revenge!"
    "One last thing," I said. "Did you throw that white noise maker earlier?"
    "No," he said, "Come on, we have to get there before they to."
    Guess my salvation had to remain a mystery for now. I knew that would not be possible to beat them to Camp Bell but I assumed that they would not sprint. And, if any military survivors defended, would be halted long enough for us to intervene. The two of us grabbed what gear we could. I gave to Sean a bow enchanted by Agni that the guy I shot had and most of our arrows. In return, I got the iron helmet and iron sword. With all that we could carry and wear, we made our way into the desert and to the west.
    That morning at Camp Bell....
    Jenni ran up the Camp Bell farm tower to a solder cornered by a zombie. She aimed her bow and shot the zombie in the head but not before it scratched the solder deep in his arm. The nurse dropped her weapon and got out a med-kit, running to the soldier.
    "Lets see," she said to herself as she began to stitch up the soldier.
    "Behind you!" he yelled. Jenni reacted by shoving another zombie down the stairs. She quickly got back to healing the soldier.
    The soldier thanked her and grabbed his iron sword. People here had no more than chain and leather armour.
    "Take this, you might need it," Jenni said as she gave him a bucket of antidote. The soldier argued that there was no need but she insisted. He took it with thanks and went downstairs to kill more zeds.
    Jenni peered out the window and saw some chain and iron armour men approaching. They were killing zombies with ease. Reinforcements, Jenni thought. The men stood in a peculiar formation around the military camp on the other side.
    "Take aim," she heard one of the newcomers say. Jenni suddenly knew that they meant the soldiers. She ran down stairs with her bow as she heard them say,"fire!"

Chapter 7 - Too Late?
    By morning, we had just left Portsmouth. Traveling all night made us tired and only slept for an hour. Sean needed a moment by the tombs after discovering that they have been desecrated by those cursed Uprising. Then we were off to Camp Bell. I accompanied a raid there once during the war so I at least knew what it should be like.
    It was the afternoon by the time we saw the tower of the farm. Blood spattered and the ground littered with zombie and soldier bodies. Were we too late? Sean and I snuck up against the wall and stayed close to it as we moved along. The military camp was in sight and hope seemed lost. A bandit in full iron armour, who we assumed was Malphus, stood triumphantly on the decks of the buildings. The surrounding towers had a bandit in each one.
    "You sure you want to fight against them?" I asked Sean.
    "Apostle, shame on you," he teased back. "I thought you were one of the faithful."
    I smiled and said, "Your right, friend. I guess this shall be victory or death. Even if we die, let them taste our rage and those who we kill shall be damned by Agni forever."
    I drew my sword as he took the tower of the farm. Hidden from sight, I watched Camp Bell from a hut next door. Sean shot an arrow at one of the bandit's arm. Suddenly, the whole team was alert as they drew their swords and bows. They tried to shoot Sean while he was more protected by having a high vantage point and the walls of the tower.
    Malphus joined with Kronox, who emerged from one of the towers, came charging at the tower. The first bandit hit was getting healed by a partner and the last one was shooting Sean.
    I drew my old regular bow and fired an arrow at Malphus' knee. Kronox looked at me and growled, "You again!" I drew my iron sword as he charged at me. Our blades clashed very quickly. Malphus was limping to his healer. Sean was suddenly hit by the wounded bandit's bow. It was in the shoulder but he ignored the pain and kept shooting. His aim became more inaccurate though. I had to admit that it was such a good shot for one with a wounded arm.
    Kronox punched me hard enough to knock me back and for my helmet to fly off. He raised his sword poised to kill. An arrow went straight through his belly but that was not Sean. I looked out the window behind me and saw a girl in military uniform with a symbol of shears on it and carrying a bow. A military medic and archer, I thought, thats good.
    I picked myself up and turned back to Kronox, who lay on the floor. "Agni damns you," I said before decapitating his head off. Walking outside, I saw the other two of the bandits shot dead by Sean. With Malphus nowhere in sight, the last bandit was the first one shot. He was still wounded as the three of us approached him. Sean had his bow aimed at his head but I, sensing fear in the bow, gestured my friend to lower his weapon.
    "What's your name?" Sean asked the man.
    "Why should I tell you?" The bandit's face showed anger as he complained. "You're no different than the rest of them. You ruined my chance for vengeance on those who killed my family. Curse you! Curse...."
    I knocked him out before he could finish. Then I turned to the other two. The girl was already stitching up Sean's wound.
    "My name is Jenni by the way," she said. "Thanks for helping me."
    "You helped us too," Sean replied.
    "Our thanks," I said. "I will bind this guy and then we look for Malphus."

Chapter 8 - Fire in Shadows
    I managed to find some health potions and arrows for us. Jenni was given our extra chain armour since she only wore leather. Sean was talking with the prisoner. He said he knew well when someone can be trusted; something hard for me since the start of this.
    Staring into the forest past the farm, I wondered why Malphus ran off. With full iron armour, he could take us down alone. He was wounded but so were we.
    Sean walked towards me. "Let the guy go," he said. I was about to argue when he said, "In fact, let him come with us. He was only with Uprising because he was convinced to get vengeance. His family was murdered by their own town guards, not zeds. He was just angry."
    "How did you convince him to end his bandit ways?" I asked.
    "I told him my story. Of how my family was killed by the zombies and how I chose to travel the world for remnants of the past. I told him about the ruin Uprising caused to my home town and my family's graves. His name is Joshua by the way. Let him come."
    I cut him free and he agreed to help us. With four people now, we felt ready to hunt Malphus.
    We were heading to Huntsgrove since we suspected that Malphus went that way. It was also a good place to replenish some food.
    The bandit suddenly jumped on us. He wore the leather armour of a dead soldier in lieu of his iron. In an instant, he had Jenni captured and with an iron dagger at her throat.
    "Ha! I hid my iron away so you can't find it when I turn," he spat viciously. I noticed the zombie bite on his side. "Now drop all your weapons and leave or she dies."
    Joshua and I were about to lower our bows until Sean said, "How do we know you're not just going to kill her anyway?"
    "You're right. I was was going to kill her anyway." He pressed the dagger a bit deeper in Jenni's neck. A drop of blood trickled down from the cut.
    She suddenly yelped as an arrow shot through Malphus' head. The bandit collapsed to the ground as Jenni picked herself up quickly. Sean lowered his bow finally when he saw a figure in the woods. The man wore a cloak with a hood that made his face barely visible. We approached him with caution. He turned his head suddenly towards me.
    "Thank you very much," Jenni said to the stranger, who then looked at her.
    "It can't be," Sean breathed. The newcomer faced him as he spoke. "A Ranger!"
    "What's a Ranger?" Joshua asked.
    "One of an organization of the past, my friend," a sudden voice projected from the figure. "Not destroyed but disbanded. My name is Pyros, formerly third in command at your service."
    We introduced ourselves, with me calling myself the Apostle. After everyone got acquainted, we decided to head north as a team. We scavenged Huntsgrove for food and then traveled to the snowy Ridgevale for military loot. It was there where we decided to stay for the night. It was there when we learned more about each other.

Chapter 9 - Forbidden Truths
    "So it was you who threw the buzzer at Kronox in Yawpton," I realized referring to Pyros. He nodded in silence.
    The five of us were sitting in Ridgevale by a house with flaming caldrons on the porch to keep us warm. We decided to share stories about ourselves in order to create a more trustworthy bond.
    On our way over here, we were told that the origins of the zombies were completely unknown but the epidemic was started in numerous places up north. Pyros told the story of how the Wizard's Tower was blown open and the first zombies walked out. Sean and Joshua heard on the radios on the first days of the outbreak that zombies were walking out of Castle Byesford and predicted that they were the result of a failed experiment. Jenni heard tales of a meteorite near the mythical Agni Ignis before that jungle landmass was quarantined for a mysterious reason. I predicted that the zombie outbreak could not have spread so fast if it originated from only one place. It could be that these places could have released the zeds at once but how did they come to having them in the first place? We all seemed eager to solve that mystery and decided to head north for discovery. Plus the northern towns may hold more loot of value and is less likely to find hostile people, whom we agreed were more dangerous than one zombie. Obviously a horde is doom so that was our only concern.
    Jenni talked about her adventures with the military and how she was a recruit of the western continent during the war (and fought against my side obviously). Joshua told his story about his losses when the outbreak began. Sean spoke of his life as an architect before the end of the world and then his desire to explore the north for lost artifacts after the apocalypse started. He just never had a group to go with until now. Pyros did not speak much about his life as a Ranger or his survival story. I only shared the stories of my work at Aeternalis and my brief survival story.
    "Why haven't you told us your name yet?" Joshua asked suddenly. Everyone stared at me.
    I took a deep breath and spoke, "During the outbreak, at Mount Longton, it was my job, like in the war before, to urge troops to keep on fighting. When we were overrun, it was I who abandoned them. Such a sin was something I could never forgive myself with. So I have shunned my own name as punishment."
    I sipped at my mushroom soup and said, "I think we should get some rest now. We will journey to Byesford first, as we all agreed on." Pyros was curious to know what happened there. Sean wanted to look for more treasures inside. Joshua and Jenni just followed in curiosity and their loyalty to stick with the group. And so we slept until morning.
    Pyros shook Sean awake while the others were sleeping. "What's wrong?" Sean asked sleepily.
    "The Apostle, did you know anything else about his past?" Pyros questioned.
    "Why are you waking me up for this?" Sean complained. "No, nothing."
    "Do me a favor and talk to him for me. He sort of knows you more. Ask him about his family, his work, and the history of both. Don't ask why. Don't tell him this. I just need to know. Can I trust you?"
    Sean was a bit nervous being let in to find out forbidden truths. He agreed anyway because he was sure the old Ranger was on to something. They both returned to sleep.

Chapter 10 - Devil's Dead-Decimating Duo
    We just stocked up on food and civilian supplies at Whitehaven. Sean almost got himself killed by a horde. Joshua I realized was really good with a bow and decided to plan a fighting organization in case we run into more trouble. Jenni was a caring healer to us. Pyros stayed to the sides and served as a scout for us.
    We ventured further into the snowy landscapes to venture to a place called Devil's Castle. Jenni said that she was recruited there and that there may be some excellent military loot. It was a good place to go on the way to Byesford.
    When we arrived, the walls were knocked down and the place crawled with as many zombies as Yawpton. Pyros went to the highest point to inspect the area all at once. Jenni and Joshua searched for chests on the walls and to use their archery skills on the zeds below. Me and Sean looked for look at ground level and used our sword skill to kill zombies.
    Sean and I found our way into a prison block. Some were busted open while others locked zeds inside. We found a chest that had an iron chestplate. While I was trying to fit in on, Sean warned me about a couple of zombies down the corridor. After getting the armour on, we sneaked up and jabbed our swords into those zombies. We looked up and suddenly saw a horde of zeds crowded on the turn of the hallway.
    "Mercy of Agni, run!" I yelled and we ran through the corridors. We ran out of the inside of the castle and signaled our archers for fire support. Jenni, Joshua, and Pyros began firing their bows on the horde pouring out from below. Sean and I turned around and saw that the bows began to attract part of the horde. We drew our swords and charged into the rest.
    With clever sidesteps and sword swings, the two of us were cleaving these zombies with ease. Suddenly, one got on my back and I was pulled away from Sean. He tried to get to me but was occupied with his side of the horde, swinging his axe to get through. Our three archers were preforming wonderfully. Pyros suddenly directed his attention to other zombies that were attracted from the outskirts of the castle.
    I was knocked to the ground as a zombie loomed over me. My sword plunged into it's face and I pushed the corpse off. Picking myself up, I suddenly found myself surrounded by the foul-spawn. I swung my sword in violent arcs at the zed swarm.
    A zombie just grabbed my arm and I was about to be eaten alive when suddenly, another blade punched straight through the creature. I stumbled back and saw that my savior was not Sean. Two warriors in chain armour were chopping their way through these things like branches cleaved by machetes.
    The duo were dancing across the heard of undead as they sliced through these things with such skill. Both of them were cutting the horde apart until there was nothing left. Our archers met up with us on the wall, where Sean was. I came up with the two strangers behind me. One has rainbow and neon colored striped tags on his dark clothing. The other seemed to be in a torn up lab jacket.
    "I am Earn, knight champion of Aspiremont," said the warrior with neon colors on his armour.
    "Pleasure," Sean responded.
    "And I am Dr. Delfias of Byesford," the scientist said.
    "Thank you for your help," I said. We all introduced ourselves.
    "You worked at Byesford?" Jenni asked. "You must know what happened. How did it all start? Why did this happen?"
    Most of us began asking questions but he just put a hand up and said, "All in good time, friends. I am a bit tired right now. Lets wait till we camp somewhere."
    "Here?" Joshua asked.
    "We have a group at Mclovinville," said Earn. "Two other men there with us. We could use more men on our way north."
    "If you two are from northern places, why are you going back up there?" Pyros asked.
    "We'll tell you when we get back," Delfias said. And so we headed off.

Chapter 11 - Moving On
    We picked up the new group from Mclovinville as we headed to a town in the forest. The two other people were named Tubb and Osiris. Tubb was an explosives expert and Osiris was a former student of Consilio University.
    As we left the snowy grounds, I talked to Delfias. "Enlighten us, doctor. Why are you and your group going back up north?"
    "When the outbreak began at the wizard's tower, we noticed similar research in specific locations all over the impassable badlands as well as the Agni Ignis. All these places were well contained but the wizard's tower is the closest to civilization we ever had an epidemic. We extracted a specimen from there and one from the other locations. Our scientists hoped to find a solution to this outbreak. We discovered that the zombie bite transferred a virus that killed slowly but had a chemical that stuck to certain dead cells. The chemical reanimates the cell nucleus and thus rebooting the cell function. But it only affected specific cells such as primary cells for breathing, very much on muscle cells, and certain brain cells that make us think in the most primitive of ways imaginable. That's what a zombie is.
    "We managed to obtain a bottled solution of that chemical." I noticed Pyros drew back from the front to listen as Delfias continued. "We called it the Catalyst, which we did a series of tests to find something that would cure the disease."
    "Were you successful?" Sean asked.
    "Yes. We called it the Antidote, which is a mixture of milk and a quite harmless but different virus."
    My eyes widened. Who knew that another virus was the answer to ending this one.
    "I know it's quite hard to believe," Delfias continued while reading my expression. "The new virus kills the reanimated cells and the immune system is given more potential to react. We began shipping the cures to every inhabited place when one clumsy scientist accidentally dropped a contained gaseous form of the regeneration chemical. It became airborne and turned anyone who died in any matter into zombies. We tried our best to forge something that would cancel out the chemical but by then it was too late. Byesford became overrun and the Catalyst spread worldwide."
    "I still don't understand," Jenni interrupted. "If there is no way of stopping it, why go back up there again?"
    "If we could secure Byesford again, I could return to fixing this problem. It was rumored that we were very close to finding a solution."
    "And after Byesford fell, those trying to push back the undead were caught by surprise," I said. "Since all corners of the north were overrun, the epidemic descended southwards."
    "So that's why places like Grimdale and Geuton fell earlier than we predicted," Pyros spoke.
    We were at the forest town at this point in our conversation.
    "We will accompany you all that we can," Joshua said.
    "Movement up ahead," Tubb warned suddenly.
    Amists the buildings and giant trees, we saw about three people in chain and iron armour. We showed the sign of peace and greeted them.
    "We're heading north," Earn said. "Would you like to join us?"
    "Sorry, we're heading west to Aspiremont," said the leader of the other group. "But good luck to you guys."
    "Can I come?" We all turned to Jenni, who spoke. "You guys look like you need a healer."
    "Jenni, we need you on this journey," Sean said.
    "We survived a long way but what if we fail up there? This all began in the north and it will be hell incarnate. Besides, Aspiremont is my home town, which I have not been to since the outbreak. Since the war. And I heard Osiris over there is an excellent healer. It's time for me to move on."
    Jenni walked towards the other group. "Here," I tossed her one of the radios from the dead Uprising. "If you change your mind, contact us," I said. "Good luck to you."
    We did one last sign of peace with our swords before they move on as we also were moving on.

Chapter 12 - "Well, this is new."
    We found the Shire scourged of supplies and the Lost Shrine infested by the largest horde we had ever seen in a small place. It wasn't long before our group reached the northern river.
    So thirsty we all were, Joshua and Sean were the first to splash water on their faces and fill their water bottles. Delfias and I filled ours next and then Osiris, Earn and Tubb. Seven of us, I thought, still a good fighting force indeed.
    Sean pulled me over from the group for a moment while we rested. "Not as many zombies as I thought in the wilderness," he said.
    "Indeed," I responded. "However, I suspect that the towns up here will be more so than the towns down south."
    "Did you know anything else about the apocalypse?"
    "Nothing other than what Delfias and Pyros said."
    "And at Aeternalis, did anyone else work with you before the outbreak?"
    "Just me and the former Apostle. The title Apostle was passed down like a king to his son. Except an Apostle selects a worthy individual to teach and train him in the ways of Agni."
    "So you helped your Apostle while you were still a novice."
    "He was a curious one back then. I was told to run the place during the night when he went north. He said he would head to Grayvale to visit relatives but it was strange that he traveled every night."
    I thought for a moment. "Why do you want to know so much about my past?"
    "Apostle!" Pyros interrupted.
    I got up and saw him pointing at something along the shoreline. It was like some terrible abomination. The thing was humanoid but had pig and zombie aspects to it. It snorted and growled.
    "You know anything about that?" I asked Delfias. He shook his head in response.
    Pyros aimed his bow at the creature as I nodded at him to fire. The arrow shot straight through the thing beautifully. Suddenly, the creature exploded and four small, scurrying, zombie-like foul-spawn came charging at us. They ran faster than the zombies and were hard to hit even. Pyros immediately threw a knife at one and it fell dead. Tubb and Joshua both threw grenades at them and killed two more. The last one jumped on Sean but was sliced in half by the swing of his blade. Looking at the corpses, we were in awe and shock by that creature's aspects.
    "Well," I said, "this is new. There's bound to be more as we go along so stay on alert and be prepared."
    "Where to next?" Delfias asked.
    "Crowmure can be a good stop," Joshua said. "It has some food, which we all need, and a variety of military gear. Let's hope it's not all looted."
    "Ok then," I said. "Let's move; and watch out for the pig-spawn."

Chapter 13 - The Tome of Hell
    We may have gotten to Crowmure if we did not suddenly found ourselves seeing a great volcano on the other side of the river. And right in front of us was a mansion called Castle Wayvernia. We decided to venture inside.
    Our group split to look for equipment on different floors. Delfias, Sean, Pyros and I looked around the bottom floor while Osiris, Earn, Tubb, and Joshua searched the higher levels.
    As usual, I looked around for good books on bookshelves after I checked the chests. After picking up a few books and skipping others, I found one quite peculiar. The spine read The Tome of Hell. I opened it and looked through the pages. Terrible blasphemies about Agni were written all over the place but it related to different legends of ancient past. It was a like finding a history book and reading about a war you read about before but in the viewpoint of the other side.
    I found a chapter called Agni Falters. Frowning at the sub-title, I read about it and it was similar to the story I knew called Hell Sprouts. It spoke of how an evil entity angered Agni so much that, in his own rage, caused the volcano to erupt. But this eruption was so powerful that it allowed something to come out. What emerged was what looked like a massive tree. Agni, realizing his mistake, ordered his followers to build a sacrificial pit, which people made sacrifices to Agni in order to prevent the tree's infestation. Without it, the Underworld itself will grow it's forest all over this world.
    I found a side note written by someone else's handwriting. It said, "the Hell Tree decays and the walking dead are it's fungi."
    I jumped suddenly thinking a zombie just grabbed me. It was Pyros reading over my shoulder. "What is this?" the Ranger asked.
    "I don't know," I answered. "Just found it off the shelf."
    "The Hell Tree? The wizard cults have spoken about that place." Pyros thought for a minute before speaking again. "If what you said was true, that the dead came from multiple origins, maybe this is one of them."
    "We are already heading to Byesford, which is surrounded by water. This tree is in lava. I think it is impassable."
    Delfias came in the conversation. "If I may, I think it is wiser to go to Byesford. We may be able to end this apocalypse once and for all. Besides, I know for a fact that Byesford was an origin. If there is any evidence of this lava tree having any significance, we will find it at Byesford"
    "Lets argue no more," Sean said. "I have never been up this mountain and I am curious to see what's up there. It doesn't look like much up there."
    When we all met up with the group we had to decide whether to go to the Hell Tree or Byesford. The majority wanted to see this Hell Tree. I guess we all had this sense of adventure.
    "We came this far," Joshua said. "I don't think anything can stop us!"

Chapter 14 - Dancing Fire
    We all had some bit of iron armour except Pyros, who just wore his cloak, and Tubb, who preferred to stick with leather. We began to climb up the volcano following a map in the book from the castle to the tree.
    Eventually, we ran into Fort Saward, which was not on the map. It was probably built after the map was written. We gathered up a bit more chain rarely iron. Then we moved on.
    Passing by some enormous architecture, we made it to the top and saw the Hell Tree in the distance. It was completely isolated by lava, which was close to spilling out of the volcano. Pyros pointed at a pressure plate near the boiling lake. Osiris stepped on is and a bridge slowly started to rise from the volcano. Pyros was the first to move across the bridge and then we crossed in an ordered fashion. I stepped on a second pressure plate on the other end, which lifted another bridge for Osiris to cross. When he and I got off our pressure plates, the bridges lowered again.
    No undead yet, I thought. We still moved together closely just in case. We found a few weapons and chain armour but not much we needed. Pyros found some twisted ladders on the side, which he climbed with ease. The first zombies began to appear what seemed to be out of nowhere. I was about to climb up next when something exploded right next to us. Another pig-spawn!
    Unprepared by that ambush, we took a few scratches, but fortunately no bites, from the small-spawn that pounced at us. Hordes started to gather. Where were they coming from? Some of us were cut off from each other and we all were cut off from the exit.
    I lost everyone; did not know where they were or if they lived. That attack was too surprising. I was hanging on to the ladder, trying not to fall into a horde below. Drawing my sword, I jumped down and sliced a zombie. I killed two more zombie while retracting my blades and then did a coup de grace on the last one. Gasping suddenly, I realized the last zombie was Osiris!
    I saw the others trying to sneak out while activating the bridge. So I tried to sneak my way over there. Everyone but Pyros and Osiris were over there. Where was Pyros?
    Eventually, I made it to the group and Tubb kept the bridge active for me to cross. Tubb suddenly did not notice a pig-spawn walking towards him.
    "Tubb behind you!"
    He turned at my warning and jabbed his stone sword into the pig-spawn. The explosion knocked him off the pressure pad and the bridge quickly started to retract. I sprinted my way out of the place and to the other side. Tubb was still on the island. He threw a grenade and killed the small-spawn. The noise attracted more zombies and pig-spawn towards him. I stood on the pressure pad to make a bridge to him but it was too late. He held off with payloads of grenades until he only had one left in his hand. Tubb looked at me and nodded. The last of the zombies over there surrounded him as he threw the grenade down. The explosion killed the last of them.
    "No!" I heard some of us yell. The rest of us, including I, just stood in shock. We could not go back. The undead seem to just appear out of thin air there. We lost two, maybe three if Pyros is dead. Never had we suffered so much in vain.
    After mourning the dead, we decided to head to Crowmure.

Chapter 15 - Torment
    "Definitely not worth it," I said to myself as we were about to sleep in Crowmure that night.
    "We still don't know what treasures are up there," Sean argued. "The ladder obviously leads to somewhere so there could be more."
    "Three good men were lost up there. We were unprepared for such an ambush!"
    "Then next time we will know what to expect."
    I thought about that for a moment before continuing. "You may be right but we are heading to Byesford now. We should expect something similar there. And we have a better escape route."
    The next morning we woke up and started to worry. Joshua was missing!
    The four of us remaining were looking all over Crowmure for our archer. I turned to Delfias when we looked everywhere. "What is the closest town or some other man-made place from here?"
    "The Sanctuary of Peace," Delfias replied.
    We headed down south to the Sanctuary and saw it deserted. He was not here.
    I crossed by a peculiar grave and noticed that it lead to some sort of crypt. We ventured inside and an activation rune was already placed next to the iron door. Joshua was sitting inside. I motioned our group to enter and surround our friend. Sean went in first since he had experience with Joshua when we first met. He put his hand on his friend's shoulder and suddenly the undead form of Joshua turned on us. I drew my sword and jabbed it in his face. The zombie fell dead.
    Inspecting the dead body, I noticed that a dagger was in his heart. No one else was around so he must have taken his own life. But why?
    My question was answered when I looked around the crypt. I saw a blasphemous alter for a zombie worshipping cult. Sean began to weep a little.
    "This is his parents' crypt," he said. "He must have killed himself discovering that his parents here were zombie worshippers."
    What blasphemy, I thought. Suddenly, three zombies jumped on me. The group reacted and killed them. After cutting apart the zombies we ran for the door. Everyone was out and I was the last one when a pig-spawn cut me off. It cornered me so I had to strike it with my blade. It exploded and the small-spawn were on me. My blessed sword broke apart so I grabbed two axes and cut my way through. More zombies came in and I threw one of my grenades. After the bloodbath, I found some health potions.
    When we left the crypt, we made our way to Byesford. Another one down. Four of us left. Will we even make it alive?

Chapter 16 - The Return
    After some intense swimming across an ocean, we had the Castle of Byesford in sight. It was an island with dense forests and walled around all sides except for the entrance. We pulled ourselves up on the platform and stared into the dark forest. I looked at our survivors.
    "If we are overrun, we run straight for this gate and fire at will," I said.
    We treaded lightly through the forest. It was so dark that we could barely see each other. Eventually, we saw a light. Delfias shivered as we saw the massive gateway into Byesford.
    As we walked into the massive mess hall, we saw some zombies sitting still in chairs. Our group drew our swords and bows. We saw a staircase on our right and made our way towards it. The zombies at the table began to wake and a small horde of zombies just walked in. I threw a noisemaker outside so the zombies would get distracted.
    We made our way downstairs and eventually found the entrance into the laboratory. Delfias suddenly pointed at a body lying near the iron door. It was Jenni! Her face was covered in scratches and bruises. An arrow was stuck through her left leg. Jenni could have easily been mistaken as a zombie.
    Her head slowly lifted up and stared at us. She muttered a word, "help."
    "Get her inside," Delfias whispered as he found his key into the lab. We found ourselves surrounded by iron vaults and rooms. Delfias went into one of them and found a bucket of antidote. As he brought it to her, Sean grabbed her healing kit and patched up her leg. I found an extra water bottle and a potion to give to her.
    "How did you get here?" Earn asked her.
    Jenni struggled to speak. "My team was ambushed at Aspiremont. A group of bandits in iron armour killed them all. I ran over here hoping to find you guys. I dropped my radio back there and...."
    "Save your strength," I said. "This place is quite infested."
    "Where are the others?"
    "Dead," Sean said miserably. "Pyros may be alive but we don't know for sure."
    "Earn," Delfias yelled from a distance. "I need you!"
    We heard moans and growls. Delfias was in trouble. Earn grabbed his sword and ran towards him while the rest of us tried to help Jenni. We helped her stand up and walk but she was limping a bit. The wound on her leg was healing fast due to the potion.
    "We can't risk much more," I said. "We have to get out of here." A zombie snuck up behind me. I cut it's head in half.
    When we regrouped, we ran up the stairs and fought our way through massive hordes. Our swords maimed limbs and severed heads everywhere. We moved fast but slowed down as we were getting tired. The entrance was so close but it looked like we were too overrun.
    A knife went straight through the head of a zombie that was just about to bite my neck. I looked at the gates and saw the cloaked figure of Pyros dancing through the horde and killing the foul-spawn one by one. Even with a large pack on, wherever he got it from, the ranger moved so gracefully with a dagger in each hand. He knocked zombies back by kicking them in the ribs while jabbing other foul-spawn in the eyes.
    When the horde thinned, we went to the gates. I used some adrenaline rushers to quicken my pace. We tried not to run into trees or get lost but it was difficult to navigate through the dense forest. The group eventually reached the outer gates into the ocean. We grabbed our bows and aimed into the forest.
    It was a bit suspenseful as we waited for the first zombie to appear. Dark eyes flickered within the forest and we pulled back our arrows. Then the hordes started pouring out and we fired all at once. The foul-spawn were being pelted with so many arrows that many were knocked back against the trees. Many of the dead dropped to the floor rapidly. Our stand against them piled the dead in haystacks. We lowered our bows when we thought that no more zombies were coming. The dead looked like effigies of gods hanged on the tree bark by arrows.
    I looked at Pyros. "How did you survive?"
    "I snuck my way our after hiding in the top of the tree for a while," he responded. "By the way, I found this stuff for you guys." He threw a heavy sack on the ground and we looked inside. Lots of iron armour and swords were filled in there. We all suited up and thanked our friend.
    Eventually, me and Delfias were in full iron armour. Sean wore some chain boots and helmet with the rest being iron. Earn and Jenni insisted in us taking the armour while they stuck with their chain. Pyros, as usual, only wore his dark cloak.
    "I think we had enough of the north with all these monsters and hordes," I decided. "But didn't I hear something about bandits, Jenni?"

Chapter 17 - Bad Blood
    Jenni led the way back to Aspiremont. We decided to move on even though it was night. Pyros went ahead, scouting where he knew Jenni was going. Delfias and I had our swords at the ready. Earn and Sean were in the back with bows at the ready.
    "Who were these bandits?" I asked. "Uprising?"
    "I don't think so," she said back. "The symbol of Uprising was a blooded omega symbol. The radios we got from Uprising had them painted on. They did not have the same insignia but just attacked us on sight."
    "What did they have?" Sean asked. "How many?"
    "Four were in full iron armour with diamond swords and about half a dozen were chain archers...."
    "Diamond swords?" I said. "That's impossible. They are just a legend of the past"
    "I saw them, Apostle!"
    "They may have been enchanted iron swords with a reflection by the light."
    "What if she is telling the truth?" Pyros questioned while backing up a bit.
    "Fine, I will keep that in mind but I know there is no such thing. Lets keep moving."
    Pyros signaled us up ahead that Aspiremont was in sight. He reported zombie bandits in the guard towers. Some one fought here maybe.
    We marched through the breached walls and surveyed the area. Sweat dripped down me since I have not fought bandits for a while. And what if the legendary diamond swords existed? How much of the stories were true?
    "Halt!" We all turned to the voice. Four iron bandits stood there. Three were men and on was a woman. The one who seemed like the leader spoke, "You are trespassing, move on and get out!"
    "Or what?" Sean said. He looked at the corner of his eye and saw Pyros sneaking along the walls.
    "Or you die," said the female bandit. "That's what!"
    "No need to fight," I said. "We will take our part."
    We were about to turn when the leader said, "Wait." He walked towards us and noticed the radio in my pocket. The leader took it out and examined the blooded omega symbol. He frowned and muttered, "Uprising. You are Uprising!"
    "No, we killed them and took their radios," Sean said.
    "Uprising is our enemy. What a coincidence that you just happened to stumble here armed to the teeth. And how do you explain her!" He pointed at Jenni. "Just a few days ago, she escaped us. She must have brought you back as reinforcements!"
    I felt a bit of deja vu when they accused us as bandits. "So you're anti-bandits then?" I asked.
    "No, we are still bandits. Our clan just hates Uprising." Clans, I thought, this was new. "Now prepare to die!" The leader finished talking and drew his sword as did his team. Archers came up from the towers of the castle.
    I gasped at the sight of the diamond swords. It cannot be, I thought.
    Our group still held together. We just stood staring at each other like an old showdown in a ghost town. Pyros was hiding on a building with his bow aimed. This may be our death or our ascension.
    The first blow came from nowhere... and neither side.

Chapter 18 - We Meet Again
    An arrow smashed into Pyros' arm and our group looked at him. Even the enemy was shocked about the attack. I could not trace the arrow coming from anywhere; it was too dark out.
    Heavy and rapid footsteps sounded as though people were closing in on us. We all turned to see the chain bandits being shot in the head on by one. Coming from over the walls were about a dozen iron bandits, with the blooded omega painted on their chest plates. Uprising.
    Pyros immediately stood back up and threw a knife at on iron bandit. It struck him in the forehead and he fell to the ground like a rag doll. His zombie form picked himself back up and charged at the Aspriemont bandits.
    One of the four iron bandits charged at me. Gladly accepting his challenge, I charged at him. His diamond sword swept at me but I successfully ducked. He staggered while I came up from behind him. I stabbed my iron sword through his back. When I retracted it, he turned to face me again. Too late; I swung my sword from under his face and his lower jaw literally flew off. Disoriented, he could not face me when I swept my sword back down and his cranium exploded on impact. His zombie form could barely get back up before I drew my bow and shot him in the eye. I took the diamond sword and charged into the fray.
    (To avoid further confusion, follow the template: Bandit=Aspiremont bandits; Uprising=invading bandits)
    Three Uprising men cornered Delfias and Jenni but the leader and female bandits intervened to slaughter them. Pyros was dueling against two of Uprising but was faltering slightly due to his injured arm. Earn and Sean were fighting two more of Uprising. I was combating the last of the iron bandits and the rest of Uprising was taking care of the chain bandits.
    Pyros had slain the two of Uprising when he turned to meet a looming shadow. A leather figure pounced on the ranger and the two tumbled off the wall onto the outskirts of the city. Pyros looked into his adversary's face.
    "Tosh Nighteye?" Pyros said recognizing him. "How can this be."
    "Uprising has promised me domination over this cruel and dark world," Tosh spat. "You are playing on the wrong side, Pyros."
    "After everything! I must end your madness!"
    The two were about to clash when a pig-spawn exploded right next to them. Pyros leaped back up on his feet and grabbed Tosh by the throat. The ranger threw his old friend into the horde of small-spawn. Pyros was backing away when an iron sword slashed him in the arm. He looked at the iron bandit who hit him. He had an injury on his arm similar to the one on Pyros's same arm. Suddenly, he saw the wound begin to heal on the arm of the new threat. That sword was empowered by terrible witchcraft. Pyros realized it was on of the wizards from the old cult.
    "Hail the Red Demon!" he yelled before knocking Pyros aside. The wizard smote every small-spawn and helped Tosh up.
    "My thanks, Galvin Starseer," Tosh thanked the iron wizard. He looked at wounded Pyros. "Now lets take care of him."
    The two approached the ranger. He was about to react in spectacular motion when an arrow knocked Glavin to the side. Tosh quickly snuck back into the shade. A girl in dark clothing was moving into the area. She twisted her head around as though she lost Tosh and Galvin. Pyros accidentally made a noise when the pain rebuilt in his arm. In reaction, the girl aimed her bow at Pyros but did not fire. She looked over the wall where the battle was occurring within. Her face made an expression of how she wanted to avoid the fight. Without a word, the girl snuck away. Pyros got up and jumped back into the town.
    Meanwhile, Jenni was shooting bandits while Delfias was sword fighting the Uprising. He suddenly came face to face with one of Uprising.
    "Def, is that you?" The Uprising kept swinging at Delfias. "It's me, Delfias, your old colleague from Byesford." The swords clashed and were pushing on each other. "Please, come to your senses." Def pushed Delfias back and was about to kill him when Jenni fired a bolt into the Uprising's arm. He was retreating as Jenni helped Delfias up.
    Earn and Sean were fighting with the most fury. Sean was a relentless force of strength slaying both Uprising, bandits, and attracted zombies alike. He was a tough one for the enemies to break the moral of. Earn, since this was his home, was fighting with vengeful zeal. He was sniping anything hostile that came at him on first sight.
    Tosh appeared on the wall and noticed that his team was reduced in half. "Uprising, retreat!" With that order, Tosh and a wounded Galvin led the remaining iron Uprising out of Aspiremont.
    I too saw that we were going to loose this fight no matter how the other bandits were crippled. "Fall back!" I yelled and my team ran to the east.
    We made it to some ruins that lead underground. Climbing down a staircase, I did not hear anyone, or anything, following us. At the bottom, there were a pair of pressure plates, which I assumed opened a pathway. We ran on them and I was right. The wall opened up and we entered the next room. The next thing I saw was all too insane.

Chapter 19 - Being Hunted
    Continued on Part 2: http://shotbow.net/forum/threads/27796/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I will need some characters as the story goes by. Please provide a variety of ideas and archetypes (ie. not all full iron bandits with diamond sword) to make the story more interesting. Use this template to create your character and I will apply them on as soon as possible.

Character Name:
    Gender (Age):
    Background:
    Archetype (Friendly, Bandit, Neutral, etc.):
    Fate (not always a death):
    Anything else:

2. InquisitorEslaf Regular Member

XP:
    118,505xp
    Chapter 4 has been forged.
  3. NeontheSniper Regular Member

XP:
    26,683xp
    Character Name: Sean
    Gender (Age): Male (20s)
    Background: Former architect working in Portsmouth, travels the world in search of pre-apocalypse trinkets and treasures.
    Archetype (Friendly, Bandit, Neutral, etc.): Neutral
    Fate (not always a death): "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
    Anything else: He does not fear death, so in a fight, he will not give up.
  4. InquisitorEslaf Regular Member

XP:
    118,505xp
    Thank you! First reply and application! Congrats!
  5. Pyrosfyre Silver

XP:
    39,804xp
    you can use my character. you probably know enough about him from the story you read. Just note that he is very observant to everything and hard to sneak up on.
  6. InquisitorEslaf Regular Member

XP:
    118,505xp
    I guess so but do you want him to be an enemy, ally, neutral, or play some other role in the story?
  7. WriterJenn Silver

XP:
    6,473xp
    Character Name: Jenni
    Gender (Age):Female 20
    Background: A Military Nurse holed up in Bell farm helping what surviving Military personal that are left and any survivors that happen upon either Camp bell or the farm. She uses the farm house to heal any injured and tried to help them as much as she can, giving them any extra rations she has left. She is kind and sweet, but if forced she will protect herself with a bow. She gives too much of herself to others.
    Archetype (Friendly, Bandit, Neutral, etc.): Friendly
    Fate (not always a death): (Not sure what this means) after how ever long they encounter some people that need her more that the main character does and they part ways. Before they part ways she either promises to try to find him when they dont need her or asks him to promise to come back if he ever needs help.
    Anything else: Very protective of anyone who has asked for her assistance or needs healing, very much a bleeding heart.. Might get her killed one day.
  8. InquisitorEslaf Regular Member

XP:
    118,505xp
    To simplify my statement, fate means if you are alright with dying in the story and how glorious it would be. Basically say how long you want to live.
  9. WriterJenn Silver

XP:
    6,473xp
    Just changed it, Sound okay?
  10. InquisitorEslaf Regular Member

XP:
    118,505xp
    Sounds good, I will try to fit you in. Thanks
  11. Pyrosfyre Silver

XP:
    39,804xp
    No real allegiance. He just helps those in need. He hates bandits and he fights them all the time. If you are a bandit then enemy if not then ally / neutral.

Edit: I will just write an app to avoid confusion sorry if it is a little long.
  12. InquisitorEslaf Regular Member

XP:
    118,505xp
    Tis nothing. An app would help but I don't think there is a need anymore. I got you covered.

Edit: read your app below. You're good.
  13. Pyrosfyre Silver

XP:
    39,804xp
    Character Name: Pyros
    Gender (Age):Unknown. Never shows his face. (If you ever see his face you just notice a large scar running down the left side of his face.)
    Background: He was third in command at the rangers until they disbanded into the different groups to maintain a level of organization. During his last mission the person employing him did not tell him everything. He did his job and accidentally released the first Zed into the world. They then spread rapidly.
    Archetype (Friendly, Bandit, Neutral, etc.): Friendly - Antibandit.
    Fate (not always a death): We may end up being separated or you might think I die but in that scenario I manage to get out just and continue my journey in trying to find a way to stop the Zed.
    Anything else:
    Items: no armor, Power 3 bow, normal bow, Iron dagger, plenty of food, three health pots, one splash, approximately 50 arrows.
    Skills: Accurate with bow and throwing knife. good at sneak and very agile very fast. Very observant and hard to surprise.
    Basis for meeting: You are in trouble in whatever way you want to set it up and Pyros manages to help you out.

Edit: On occasion he may just wander off for a short period of time and just reappear later. more observant than talkative. (A listener)
  14. Pyrosfyre Silver

XP:
    39,804xp
    lol sorry I was writing when you sent that.

Btw is this character gonna develop into the dark apostle?
  15. InquisitorEslaf Regular Member

XP:
    118,505xp
    The characters in the story form the bones of the story and thus the structure. As the main character, the apostle's fate shall be determined the same way.
    It is likely but I don't want to give too many spoilers....
  16. BananaTyphoon Silver

XP:
    22,296xp
    Name: Joshua
    Background: Was a skilled acher working his days at the logging camp to sustain his wife and kids. When the outbreak occured, his friend edward turned infront of his eyes and nearly killed him, scaring him for life. He also returns home to find his family was killed by the guards at the anti-zombie fortress out of fear they might be infected.
    Achetype: Bandit, but will turn friendly with the right amount of comprehension
    Fate: Kills himself out of agony at the sanctuary of peace, a sacred place for him.
    Anything else: VERY skilled with a bow, also likes using grenades :3
  17. InquisitorEslaf Regular Member

XP:
    118,505xp
    Chapter 5 has surfaced to existance.
    Those of you who are still waiting for your characters, they may likely appear in chapters 6 or 7. Patience, all....
  18. InquisitorEslaf Regular Member

XP:
    118,505xp
    Chapter 6 has arrived, folks.
  19. Delfias Regular Member

XP:
    178xp
    Character Name: Delfias
    Gender (Age): Male (age - 23)
    Background: A faithful second man, loyal to his leader and will fight and die for his dark apostle as long as his faith holds true. Very tactical and very skilled at leading a group of warriors. Very good at getting things done and will accomplish any orders no matter the difficulty. Main weapon is a sword, which he is very skillfull with. Sometimes has self doubt and depression which makes him stone cold, but he solved this by devoting himself to a cause / leader
    Archetype (Friendly, Bandit, Neutral, etc.): whatever his leader is
    Fate (not always a death): Lives to the end, May at some point seemed to have died to protect his leader but ends up survivng against all odds.
    Anything else: grew up in town that was attacked and saw everyone die
  20. InquisitorEslaf Regular Member

XP:
    118,505xp
    Chapter 7 has come.