1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Dentril's New Moon - September 2020

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mistri, Sep 1, 2020.

Dentril's New Moon - September 2020
  1. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    Français, Español, Türkçe, Deutsch, Nederlands, Русский, 日本語, Português

Letter from the Leadership

The following is a message from lazertester, our Lead Developer, who has returned to his position after a short hiatus.

Hey folks. First off, I would like to thank Doc for everything he has done for MineZ and Shotbow as a whole. Without him, Shotbow would be in a very different place (or no place at all), and I wish him the best in his future endeavors. Leaving can be difficult given the amount of blood and sweat we pour into making what we hope are awesome experiences bringing a community together, but sometimes it is vital to step back and focus on what's important to us.

Stepping into this role again, my focus this time is going to be boosting every developer's ability to make the changes they know need making, and continuing Doc's efforts on improving our feedback loop with you. Some of the improvements planned won't be immediately apparent, but I hope you'll feel the impact soon enough. I have a couple of network-wide improvements planned that should be visible to everyone, including a social framework, but I can't get into many more details at the moment as it's something that will take some time to realize.

Progress will continue on When in Rogue, but as you can imagine, I will have other areas of focus that will take away from my availability to work on the game. There are other developers who have volunteered to contribute, and I look forward to seeing what they bring to the When in Rogue experience.

For those of you who have been around since the olden days, hello again. To those just joining us, welcome. I hope everyone is as excited as I am for Shotbow's next chapter, and I hope that my contributions help to make it as awesome as I know it will be.

[IMG]

Hey folks! Mistri here — welcome to the September edition of Dentril's New Moon! I'm personally super excited for this month's newsletter. It's jam-packed with updates and I can't wait to share them with you! Without further ado, let's get started!

Updates
    Network Updates
    Network Version Support
    This month, we upgraded our network-wide base version to 1.12. This change enabled us to support any connections from 1.12.2 to 1.16.2, which is an integral part of being able to get new players. We will continue making backend efforts to improve the code quality and efficiency to make the experience better for all. If you haven't already seen it, check out the announcement thread here!

Clans & Teams Section
    Our Web Mod team is doing a cleanup of the Clans & Team section. If you are a clan owner who has posted in this section prior to June 2020, you should read the announcement here.

Discord Bot Updates
    Our Discord Bot, Chat Bot, has received significant attention in the last few weeks. Other than backend deployment changes, Chat Bot has received a shiny new command: !support, which allows you to open support tickets for MineZ and Staff Abuse Reports. Go check it out in our Shotbow Discord if you haven't already!

Internal Localization Efforts
    If you have a sharp eye, you probably noticed that our recent announcement posts have started to support many more languages. We've been doing some internal restructuring of the Localization team to ensure our Localizers are recognized for their effort. In addition, we brought a few new Localizers on board this month. Go show them some love!

Annihilation Updates
    Prior Updates
    The Annihilation 1.12 base update has been released. This update enabled Annihilation to take advantage of 1.12 features, and was an important step towards new features and better balance. You can read the changelog of updates here as well.

New Map Rotation Format
    Annihilation now has a new Map Rotation Format, which allows you to play the maps you want to, more frequently than ever before. Check out the announcement here!

Future Updates
    Work on Nifty Boron, the next Annihilation Content Update, is nearing completion. We should have it ready for you very soon!

Community Events
    The community-run Annihilation Clan War has continued, with staff commentary available for your pleasure. This month, we premiered matches 12, 13, 14, and 15.

MineZ Updates
    We released "The Adventurer's Update" for MineZ earlier this month. It included:
    • MineZ Admin Applications
    • Civilian Loot Overhaul
    • Knockback changes
    • Map changes
    • Summer Screenshot Contest Results
    • And much more!
    If you haven't already read the thread, you can check out the announcement here.

Mine Theft Auto Updates
    The Heartrow Police Department is giving away security footage of a robbery that has taken place at the Royal Bank. Four suspects were seen leaving the bank entering a green vehicle and leaving the area. If you have seen anything please contact the police.

SMASH Updates
    This month, we hosted a SMASH Map Building Contest. It just finished, and the results are in!

1st Place - 1 Month Shotbow Subscription + 50,000 XP
    • Map Name: Olympian Heights
    • Builders: EnderMCx
    2nd Place (tie) - 50,000 XP
    • Map Name: Freezeflame Cavern
    • Builders: ChickenMac7
    2nd Place (tie) - 50,000 XP
    • Map Name: Endgame
    • Builders: jckrawling and LordGarmadon2006
    Congratulations to the winners, and great job to everyone who built a map! The Shotbow staff truly loved seeing all the submissions. Prizes will be distributed within the next few days!

Statistics
    SMASH Rankings
    The summer season ends soon, so be sure to climb up the leaderboards for ranked matches! Current standings are:
    • 1st - Sonicboom_ with 1154 ELO
    • 2nd - Viral333 with 1103 ELO
    • 3rd - Yesus42 with 1091 ELO
    Network in General
    Staff updates:
    • lazertester was promoted to Lead Developer
    • halowars91 joined Network Leadership team
    • aet2505 rejoined the team as a Developer
    • 97WaterPolo and Bjarn were promoted to Full Developer
    • halowars91 joined the Development team as a Jr. Developer
    • Murgatron rejoined the team as a Full Admin
    • Roquel, Veghetto, jiren74, dange, and Ktrompfl were promoted to Full Admin
    • Limepaj2 was promoted to Full Builder
    • HumorlosLP, Archi_, and Napoleon__1er joined the team as a Jr. Localizer
    Other statistics:
    • A total of 114,540,090 XP was earned by players this month
    • There were 2,120 players banned in the last month
    • This month we achieved a peak playercount of 419 on August 1
    • 138 ban appeals were resolved in the last month
    • 7,487 in-game reports were resolved in the last month
    • 9 Rank Upgrade Requests were handled in the last month
    • 3,000 support emails were handled in the last month
    Closing Words
    That was one heck of a newsletter! There's a lot more going on behind the scenes that will be released in the next few months, so stay tuned on our forums, Discord, and Twitter!

I hope you enjoyed reading this newsletter as much as I enjoyed writing it! As always, comments are appreciated. I'm your host, Mistri — thanks for flying Shotbow!

2. plusouplus Ruby

XP:
    2,080,477xp
    Can't wait to see the future of MineZ, and hope that the fact that doceft wont change a lot in the game !
    JeTi_Brothers likes this.
  3. PhernKitten Platinum

XP:
    80,918xp
    DAMN THE FRENCH VERSION OF THIS IS SO EPIC AND WELL WRITTEN CONGRATS TO WHOEVER DID IT :wink:)!!!
  4. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    Hon hon hon
    Napoleon__1er and Ivandagiant like this.
  5. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    122,962xp
    nice to see some significant progress, keep up the momentum
    notswipe, Mistri and Smartzz like this.
  6. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    So... MineZ 2?

Haha jk...

Unless...?
    Smartzz likes this.