1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Dentril's New Moon - October 2020

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mistri, Oct 1, 2020.

Dentril's New Moon - October 2020
  1. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    721,980xp
    Français, Русский, 日本語, Español, Türkçe, Deutsch

[IMG]

Hey everyone! My name is Mistri and I'll be your host for this month's edition of Dentril's New Moon. Without further ado, let's jump right into the updates!

Updates
    Network Updates
    As a result of the non-stop efforts of lazertester and aet2505, we have fully transitioned our backend to Kubernetes, a new cutting-edge technology. If you're interested about the technical aspect of this update, or about our legacy server deployment system, check out this awesome write-up about the transition!

With this update comes better reliability and stability, and also better tools for our developers to diagnose and patch issues as soon as possible. While you may not notice it at first, we will gradually be able to handle stability and lag issues faster starting now. Let us know if you notice any differences in the comments below.

Annihilation Updates
    A new Annihilation update, Nifty Boron, was released early this month. It included many class changes, balance changes, bug fixes, and a lot more! You can read all about it here, and check out its teaser trailer here.

Community Events
    The community-run Annihilation Clan War has continued, with staff commentary available for your pleasure. This month, we premiered match 16, which can be viewed here:

(Writer's note: the ending of this Clan War had me on the edge of my seat. It was a fantastic game and I highly recommend you watch it!)

MineZ Updates
    This month, we released an awesome update for MineZ, called First Steps. It includes new mobs, legendary item changes, and much more. It's jam-packed with fantastic content — if you haven't already read about it, you can find the full thread here.

As usual, work continues on MineZ, so expect to see some updates in the next few days!

SMASH Updates
    This month, we announced an official tournament for SMASH, complete with a bracket and prizes. You won't want to miss this, even if you're not an avid SMASH player! View info about the tournament here.

Statistics
    SMASH Rankings
    The summer season has just ended, and the results are in!
    • 1st - Sonicboom_ - 75,000 XP
    • 2nd - Yesus42 - 50,000 XP
    • 3rd - Viral333 - 25,000 XP
    Network in General
    Staff updates:
    • InstantLightning, Red_Epicness, and roby08 joined the Jr. Developer team
    • Roquel was promoted to MineZ Co-Lead
    • Veghetto was promoted to SMASH Co-Lead
    • PokeTheEye was promoted to Film Crew Co-Lead
    • Samstag1 rejoined the team as a Full Admin
    • wmn was promoted to Full Builder
    • A_g_n_i, Detective_Mark, robdoom, and ShadowLAX joined the MineZ Mini Admin team
    • Spark_Warrior was promoted to Localizer
    Other statistics:
    • A total of 88,055,343 XP was earned by players this month
    • There were 1,696 players banned in the last month
    • This month we achieved a peak playercount of 402 on September 6
    • 73 ban appeals were resolved in the last month
    • 6 Rank Upgrade Requests were handled in the last month
    • 750 support emails were handled in the last month
    Closing Words
    Thanks everyone for tuning in. Happy October! Get ready for a spook-tacular month.

As always, I'm your host, Mistri — catch you next month, and thanks for flying Shotbow!

2. Murgatron Administrator

XP:
    1,371,438xp
    Was wonderful to stream and commentate again on the Annihilation Clan War - check it out! :)
    Mistri and Maashg like this.