1. At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.

If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.

2. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Dentril's New Moon July 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mistri, Jul 1, 2018.

Dentril's New Moon July 2018
  1. Mistri Art Team Lead

XP:
    315,680xp
    Letter from the Co-Lead
    by Navarr

Does it feel like this month moved too quickly to anyone else? We’re closing out the second quarter and it’s time to review our goal.

I think we managed to do fairly well. There was a lot of positive feedback on the forums - albeit also some negative. Most of the negative feedback focused on some interesting specifics of opening up information on ban appeals and other such things. I’m sad to say that we can’t currently fulfill those desires, but it is a takeaway that I’ll keep in mind for the far future. On several fronts the staff have been encouraged to communicate with the community and I’ve definitely seen some of that occurring. I hope we can continue this forward pace of community feedback and increased openness as we move forward.

That said, we’re bringing a new theme into focus - and this quarter it’s Community Interaction. We want to spend more time communicating with, playing with, and otherwise having a blast with our community. There are a few ways we’re going to go about this:

• We’re working with the development team to make the Anni Sandbox available so we can start having regular Annihilation events again - even before the end of the tournament
    • It is our goal to release Gold Rush this quarter into a restricted alpha. During this intensive testing phase, our staff team will be playing and looking for a lot of feedback.
    • I hope to have at least one live Q&A in the Discord this quarter - and I look forward to fielding your questions - hopefully alongside my partner Murgatron - at least once :wink:

In addition to Gold Rush, the big pieces of our roadmap this quarter are 1.12.2 support - there’s only a couple other high priority tasks in front of it and I hope we can resolve those soon - and we’re hoping to release MineZ Origins Part II before the end of the year.

On that note - please let me know how you think we did in regards to our focus of increased transparency in the last quarter - and also let me know what kind of staff interaction events you want to see in the coming months!

That’s all for now - and as always, thank you for flying Shotbow.

[IMG]

Hey guys, this is Mistri. Thanks for reading this month's edition of Dentril's New Moon! Please enjoy :)

Updates
    SMASH Updates
    This month, the SMASH Team has been working on redecorating the lobby in celebration of Independence Day in the USA.

Also, a new Media Map (Event Map) has been added to SMASH: Ice Rink! Stay tuned on the Shotbow Twitter and Discord if you want to participate in SMASH events!

MineZ Updates
    The new location Torchbar has been added to MineZ. Keep up to date with all the MineZ changes which we post in the official MineZ Update Changelog!

Gold Rush Updates
    Lots of development work went into Gold Rush this month, and we held multiple playtests with active Emeralds, Obsidians, and subscribers. A stream of one playtest was recorded and uploaded here:

If you would like to participate in the next exclusive Gold Rush test, purchase subscriber or upgrade your rank to Emerald or Obsidian in the Shotbow Shop!

Statistics
    SMASH Rankings
    The 2018 Spring season has just finished, and the results are in:
    • 1st - _BrightDarkness_ - 10,000 XP
    • 2nd - Jiren_ - 7,500 XP
    • 3rd - Mr_L115 - 5,000 XP
    Congratulations to all who won prizes. The SMASH Summer season starts tomorrow, so be sure to work your way up the ELO ladder to victory!
    Mine Theft Auto
    MTA Leaderboards for June 2018
    Combat:
    • 1st - iinsu KDR: 66:0 (66.0)
    • 2nd - The556 KDR: 65:0 (65.0)
    • 3rd - Wafuuu KDR: 29:0 (29.0)
    Arrests:
    • 1st - AVAchqn Arrests: 93.0
    • 2nd - iinsu Arrests: 57.0
    • 3rd - Groover0321 Arrests: 32.0
    Experience Gained:
    • 1st - Lil_Klorroxxx Experience gained: 28972.0
    • 2nd - nanacoro Experience gained: 26718.0
    • 3rd - MESLEG Experience gained: 25666.0
    Minigames Won:
    • 1st - Deviant_Android Minigames won: 85.0
    • 2nd - nanacoro Minigames won: 73.0
    • 3rd - Groover0321 Minigames won: 56.0
    Network in General
    Staff updates:
    • Carrots386 was promoted to GG Co-Lead
    • DJ_Pedro joined the Full Admin team
    • Pinefrost64 rejoined the Full Builder team
    • Mistri joined the GG Mini Admin team
    Other statistics:
    • A total of 70,516,496 XP was earned by players this month
    • There were 3,339 players banned in the last month
    • This month we achieved a peak playercount of 638 on June 10

What can I do?
    Play on Shotbow, invite your friends, and invite their friends! Make friends and invite them to Shotbow! Spread the word about our amazing games, and in return we'll work as hard as we can to make your experience the best it can possibly be. :)

Developer Corner
    By Navarr

Hi all, Navarr here! I did a less than stellar job of being on top of the developers this month for updates. As such, we don’t have a lot of juicy goodness for you to read. That said, here’s the reports I got:

Robertthegoat
    Robert spent his time this month working on Gold Rush and participating in the development stream. He also worked on a couple secret items that we hope to reveal to you in gameplay within the next couple quarters.

DocCodeSharp
    Doc spent a lot of this month working on infrastructure projects such as tackling issues with servers coming online and modernizing our deployment stack. In addition, he continued his work on refactoring the MineZ codebase for performance, stability, and general bugfixing purposes.

Skillerfox3
    Skiller continued his work on Gold Rush this month, including some initial work on balancing general gameplay. You’ve heard Murg refer to a large issue of “snowballing” where when one team is in the lead it becomes far too difficult to take it from them - this is one of those core balancing issues we’ll be focusing on both before and during the alpha testing phases. Skiller also worked on some admin tooling - improving our staff’s lives so we can improve your experience in the games.

And that’s all I have! I hope to tell you more next month, but until then - this is Navarr signing off!

With that, I bid you farewell. I'm your host, Mistri. Please let us know what you think about the New Moon in the comments. We love to hear your feedback!

2. Monster_Bug Gold

XP:
    49,088xp
    I hope to have at least one live Q&A in the Discord this quarter - and I look forward to fielding your questions - hopefully alongside my partner Murgatron - at least once :wink: Nice!
  3. DatGamertje Regular Member

XP:
    23,326xp
    Really looking forward towards Gold Rush,
    seems like a really nice minigame on the livestream! :D
    Mistri likes this.
  4. Fluffoon Retired Staff

XP:
    207,851xp
    Keep it up guys :)
    Mistri likes this.
  5. Goliac Silver

XP:
    5,044xp
    Can we please get an announcement before Q&A starts? I think there wasn’t one last time and i missed it.
    Also i gotta say i’m disappointed about Origins II. It’s taking so long and it’s not even confirmed for 2018.
  6. DutchSurvivor Obsidian

XP:
    345,318xp
    If possible, please do announce via discord :3

Keep it going lads, your progress is not unnoticed!
  7. MCDuckler Platinum

XP:
    100,379xp
    Working on MTA would be nice. It's not much that needs to be done, but there are gamebreaking things that need to be worked on.
  8. LegendaryAlex Gold

XP:
    203,667xp
    damn that went fast
    Mistri likes this.
  9. SpaceWarp Emerald

XP:
    108,928xp
    Can we have a statement from the staff how 2 players that commit the same offense can get different punishments? How does the decision about someone getting a harsher or lesser punishment from staff occur? Are personal biases weighted? How are we sure of the integrity of the person to not have a personal bias? And why does this frequently occur?
  10. Navarr Network Co-Lead

XP:
    632,581xp
    Applying appropriate punishment is a difficult situation.

A couple things that can determine a punishment involve:

* What are the players previous offenses? How long ago were they?
    * What is the context to the situation?
    * What is the perceived intent of the player

A good example is that someone who breaks a minor role accidentally might receive a lesser sentence than someone skirting the line of multiple rules in an attempt to cause trouble.

It also means staff can exercise some discretion. Eg cursing at a player vs cursing at a cheater.

The latter should still be punished but might receive a lesser sentance.

Unfortunately this makes it very difficult to pull apart possible biases. And it's not something we feel like we've seen enough data of existing to pursue at this time. E.g., we do not currently believe it is a problem worth solving.

However, for extreme situations you can always message myself, murg, and Highlife (in the same message) to get an additional review out of it.

I also encourage staff to double check their actions with each other if they're worried about personal biases coming through. This is something I do myself quite often when I'm worried I might have taken something too personally or if I think it appears like I'm really going hard on a specific player

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  11. HungerHealer Regular Member

XP:
    9,922xp
    Wasnt Goldrush in pre-alpha back in 2015 since i've played a couple of tests back in the day
  12. SpaceWarp Emerald

XP:
    108,928xp

Great, thanks for the reply really clear and to the point. This is the transparency I and other players look for when shotbow says they're looking to increase transparency.

My next question that came up in a discussion about this post is when staff consider previous offenses do they look if the players has other accounts that have already been banned? It's long been stated that shotbow does not offer the ability to pay for unbans and instead encourages you to buy a new account as an apology to Mojang.

Does shotbow consider each individual account separately? And if they do why are some players alt accounts banned for minor offenses when they don't have any major accounts on their primary account?