1. We are currently offline because we are rolling out a new system to help us defend against attackers. We apologize for the inconvenience and are thankful for your understanding.

2. At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.

If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.

3. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

December Monthly Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Marine_PvP, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Marine_PvP MineZ Lead Admin

XP:
    255,421xp

Hello Survivors!
    As mentioned in the PTR update thread, this is the first monthly feedback thread after the update. The goal of this thread is to let you know what's happening behind the scene and discuss the future game changes in general. It will be posted at the beginning of each month

PTR
    Most bugs have been fixed, and PTR is almost ready to be released to live. However, there are still some dungeons that are broken and not functional. Our builders are working on fixing them with adding new dungeon instances. Once all dungeons are fixed and instanced, we will be moving PTR to live servers (This means PTR inventories will be wiped, and you will get to choose your EU/US inventory on live. More information will be posted later). I can't give you the exact release date yet, but I will post it on this thread once it's decided.

Combat Update
    Since the PTR release, we have been working on balancing all the combat mechanics, such as armor damage resistance, knockback, hit delays, and potion healing value. We now have a full control of these, and they can easily be updated with the new system built by Doc. All we need is feedback from you guys, so please let us know how you feel about these changes!

Item Update
    Our next update plan is item update. The item update includes but not limited to:
    • Review and re-balance all items in the game
    • Rework of all legendaries, including fixing broken ones and improving 'useless' ones.
    • New legendaries!
    • New items!
    • New functions to the current items
    Christmas 2018
    Christmas Season is back in the world of MineZ. Here are some of the events you can expect during the month of December. These changes will be rolling some time Sunday December 9th.
    • Several towns have been retextured, some new and some returning from last year. More festive builds will appear throughout the month.
    • Every Wednesday 6 PM CST and Saturday & Sunday at 1 PM CST the Traveling Snowman will appear somewhere on the MineZ map with presents and goodies for the first to grab them !
    • Sometime mid December a new Christmas Dungeon will be released
    • Every weekend, Friday or Saturday there will be a holiday themed event on the event server. Be sure to pay attention to the Broadcasts for information on when these will be happening !
    MTrout, _Silver, suitaso and 4 others like this.

2. suitaso Mini Builder

XP:
    357,613xp
  3. NPCtom Silver

XP:
    77,390xp
    Excited about these weekly events!
  4. Toyl Regular Member

XP:
    78,853xp
    Well how I feel about the PTR is that it is quite horrible, zombies are too strong, loot is too inconsistent, and the knockback is just plain weird. If you are going to update to 1.9 and leave the PvP community behind then dont try and make up for it. I think that normal MineZ combat is fine, its 1.9 combat there is no variations (blockhitting, wtapping, a-d spamming) and they can never be added back. So now with this new knockback it is extremely hard to combo someone because the knockback value is static, ex: with w-tapping it resets your sprint giving you LESS kb and your opponent MORE. As I said the kb is static so these PvP mecahnics do not apply. I dont know how you can even consider releasing when the playercount for the PTR server never goes above 5 (expcept for ss, a PVP event). Me, personnaly, would take that as a sign that not too many people enjoy playing with these new updates.
    Most of the people who play this game play it for nostalgia, except for the HC kids, and when you guys change the basic game mechanics (ex: decreasing number of food chests, Getting rid of the spawn Leather Chestplate, and upping zombie damage. Which btw was not necessary) people will not play, I can guarantee you that. But dont take it from me wait for the PTR to go live and see how people like it. I think you are in for a not so pleasant surprise.
    Escape_ and suitaso like this.
  5. zackcolejost Silver

XP:
    114,552xp
    Overall I believe PTR has given nice improvements to knockback and pvp. However, it still overall has some problems. Fundamentally, the game still needs to be fun. The current amount of zombies isnt really a challenge. Its just annoying when you try to loot up. Sure it makes the game harder, but you have to get the balance of difficulty and fun. Gearing up overall becomes even less fun than live because of this. There needs to be zombies in the game, but a bit less than there is now. I also believe that gearing up is a bit tedious on ptr, specifically because of the difficulty of getting basic health 2 potions, which can take a decent amount of time to get. I think we need some changes to make gearing a bit less tedious so that the game is still fun. There are lots of people who do not play PTR because of how tedious gearing is, and this needs to be fixed in some way.
  6. Toyl Regular Member

XP:
    78,853xp
    then you clearly were not a prominent pvp during 1.7
  7. zackcolejost Silver

XP:
    114,552xp
    I wasnt done typing r e e ee e e e e e e e ee . Anyways, what I meant was that its an improvement. Its never going to get as good as 1.7. We both know this. 1.7 pvp will automatically be better than anything possible on 1.9. Its not as good, but its better than it was before ptr.
  8. Toyl Regular Member

XP:
    78,853xp
    sorry :/. And yes I think that looting up is wayyyy to hard. I dont want to gear up for 2 hours for my, maybe, 1-2 fights at hasa
  9. __Willy__Wonka__ Regular Member

XP:
    208,820xp
    A lot of people seem to hate the PTR server, but I for one think it's way better than the current live servers (aside from the fact that most dungeons are not available currently) In a zombie game, zombies should be a threat. Zombies should be able to kill you, at least in swarms. If you think zombies are too difficult as of current, then I have to disagree with you. If anything, I think they should spawn more often, I barely see any up north. Maybe that's just my luck. I'm aware northern zombies can deal a heart of damage to a full iron player, that's how I think it should be. A lot of people complain that it's too hard to gear for pvp, but I don't think the point of PTR was to keep promoting a game where you're in the apocolypse, as a game with EZ looting and weak-ass zombies. It should not be easy to find food in an apocolypse, and people should be banditing for the sake of supplies, not just for a quick pvp fight. Most bandits currently go in with full inventories of pots, grenades, dswords, etc.I don't know exactly what the situation is with combat currently, but for the scarce fights I have actually fought on PTR, I think it's alright. I don't know much about wtapping or other pvp techs or anything, but MineZ shouldn't just be defined by its pvp, anyway.

Just get the dungeons running and workin, and maybe increase zombie spawns a tad.

tl;dr: I think PTR is better than what people think, and I prefer the harder zombies and scarcer loot. I think it's reasonable for players to be able to die to the environment and not just dungeons and pvp, or an occasional dumb fall.
    Mohawk2 and Marine_PvP like this.
  10. Toyl Regular Member

XP:
    78,853xp
    I agree with you half of the way. I really dont mind having to gear up longer, or having the proccess be harder. But what is it for? I spend half of my day getting a decent loadout go to hasa and then find nobody... I am not going to waste my time on this game if it is pointless to do so.
  11. NPCtom Silver

XP:
    77,390xp
    I also believe there has been no improvement to knock-back towards mobs. They seem to stay in the same position.
  12. __Willy__Wonka__ Regular Member

XP:
    208,820xp
    Unfortunately you can't program more players into the game. Maybe once PTR is live more people will join, if not then MineZ is gonna be pretty screwed.
  13. NPCtom Silver

XP:
    77,390xp
    MineZ is already screwed

Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk
  14. Toyl Regular Member

XP:
    78,853xp
    I dont think more people will join, notice how PTR has an average player count of 2-5?
  15. InstantLightning WebMod Lead

XP:
    333,978xp
    PTR has an average playercount of 2-5 due to it not being the main game. Most people are wanting to play on the live servers because that is where the majority of people has been basically this entire time. As for the rest of your points, MineZ is not meant to be an easy game. Zombies should be a threat, they shouldn’t just be a nuisance that don’t do any damage to you. This is a zombie apocalypse game after all, whats the point if they cant kill you. As for the pvp, it is extremely better than it was before. It’s not perfect but I noticed you didn’t exactly tell us what you would change about it, which is what we are looking for.
    JTGangsterLP6 and Marine_PvP like this.
  16. Toyl Regular Member

XP:
    78,853xp
    I already dmed Marine a video of mine, which has info that I wish not to share publicly, and gave my opinion in detail there. As for the zombies, the only reason I said they were too strong is because it makes gearing for somethings as pointless as pvp even harder. Why should I waste 1 hour of my time to gear up, go to hasa, then have to wait another hour for someone to show up? If no pvpers are going to play this game and im going to gear for an hour or so and the only fight is so random noob with 5 healing kits and and inv of rotten flesh, then im simply not going to play. Im sure many others feel this way aswell.
    ImANative0 likes this.
  17. Teckit Gold

XP:
    107,820xp
    RIP Christmas town 2018
    cyclone_43 likes this.