1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion December Monthly Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by 323465963, Oct 31, 2016.

Discussion - December Monthly Feedback Thread
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 323465963 Retired Staff

XP:
    130,346xp
    As a wise man once said, Howdy Folks!

Preface
    With Robertthegoat stepping down as Wasted lead, I'll be taking over his role, so please feed me all of your scrumptious suggestions for Sandbox, Control, and GunGame, as it's 10:00 and I haven't had dinner yet.

News for the Month
    Progress continues to be made on the Sandbox front, but until then, you'll have to sate your Wasted appetite with GunGame hors d'oeuvres :wink:

This Month's Highlights
    GunGame continues to be bug-fixed for 1.9. You all are doing a surprisingly good job in finding bugs in this gamemode that even I hadn't thought of :stuck_out_tongue:

Anywho, have a merry November :)

2. KounterattacK Gold

XP:
    139,335xp
    Indeed 323... indeed. I can withhold my somber doubts about Wasted in thy coming year, but all I have to ask of the new Wasted... make jetpacks less OP. Im sure I'v said this, and Im sure its BEEN said, but for a ground nub like me, jetpacks were the WORST. I assume you are able enough to figure out a way, and I hope that you can manage two gamemodes at once... but we'll see how it goes. Anyways, hope you got what you needed, and now that Halloween is over... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!.

-Kounter
    Tonko921 likes this.
  3. bubblegumrockya Silver

XP:
    45,127xp
    figure out a way that makes jetpacking shotgunners a bit more easy to kill
    Tonko921 likes this.
  4. TechnicalTrouble Gold

XP:
    5,105xp
    Here are five of the things I would like to see in a new Wasted:

1. Make Jetpacks as transportation-oriented as possible
    2. Make Mechs fairly weak
    3. Reimplement bullet drop to some degree, so that it takes skill to hit certain shots and the player must lead their fire to hit moving targets
    4. Buff kevlar
    5. Revamp the shop
    Tonko921 and Hydralaxius like this.
  5. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    Can we have some teasers, for preview and insight into the development into Wasted at Christmas? If people are stating it'll be done by summer, surely there's a basis for the game created already, and I'm sure people are curious on what it is like.
  6. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    My personal preferences for the re-launch of Wasted would have to be these
    • Jetpacks enabled with mid-air shooting
    • More ways for ground players to seek away from Jetpackers, say if there is an underground tunnel (With links to certain areas like bunkers, abandoned hideouts,) subway station, you name it, some place that is rather more difficult for a Jetpacker to enter
    • Base parts and stronger structured buildings (Stone Bricks, Iron, and Bricks) are harder to be blown up by rocket launchers, whilst buildings or base parts of like wood and leaves remain the same in damage tolerance from rocket launchers. The gravity factor from falling/ crumbling buildings that once existed returning.
    • More special locations that are difficult to find, and some that are like the ones in MineZ, underground, process to reach such places.
    • Kevlar Tier IV possibly, but not accessible for people with Jetpacks, whilst Jetpackers can wear Kevlar Tier III.
    • More Places/ towns like Liberty Prison, but with other themes, Asylums, Universities, Military bases/Ships. etc.
    • Name tags only seen by teammates from short to afar, within their render, although enemies cant see the name tags until enemies are up close 2-3 blocks.
    • If there is a certain item that can be made into a new weapon, along with the new weapons like the MP18, a New Sniper Rifle for Armoured opponents that is very, expensive, $3,000-4,000 or a 5-10% chance in objectives.
  7. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    Beauty can be seen within your writing.
    323465963 and _Dark_Messiah_ like this.
  8. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    Thank you, good friend.
    Tonko921, Hydralaxius and 323465963 like this.
  9. 323465963 Retired Staff

XP:
    130,346xp
    I'm inclined to say that shotguns actually need a buff rather than a nerf, but nerfing jetpacks and enabling mid-air shooting to a certain degree may help.
    1. So, essentially nerf them so that they're more beneficial as a means of transportation rather than a means of combat?
    2. Elaborate? I think mechs are fine as is; no one person should be able to take one out, but a team should be able to (2 rocket launcher shots)
    3. Yes
    4. What about buffing existing iron kevlar, making it more expensive, and adding lower tiers of kevlar, such as gold, chain, or leather?
    5. Yes
    We have a developer who is working on a new Sandbox. I'll try and get the status of it, and see if there's anything he can show.

1. Yes, however we need to make sure that re-implementing this feature won't make jetpacks too OP again. There are many ways to counteract this, such as implementing a weight system, allowing only secondaries to be used, or having shots that hit the back cause the jetpack to explode, etc.
    2. Perhaps an underground subway system could be used to connect multiple major cities.
    3. Based on what I've been hearing, everyone's content with the current base building system, so all that needs done is adding more buildings. Could be possible to customize the blast resistance of certain blocks such as iron, so that they'd be considerably more resistant to explosions, or that blocks can accumulate damage from explosions, and have a cracked appearance that grows with damage.
    4. I'm all in favour of easter eggs. The old sandbox had plenty (spawn island, camp stroud, underground bunkers, dams, etc.
    5. Again, rather just buff existing kevlar than create new diamond tiers
    6. Yes
    7. Sure. Something such as this could lead to the implementation of new classes, such as one that allows you to see enemies and their names from afar
    8. I really ought to bring you onto gungame some day :wink:
  10. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
    Based 323 back at it again.
  11. TechnicalTrouble Gold

XP:
    5,105xp
    1. Yes, jetpacks were not envisioned as combat tools. Maybe they should be coded so that the player cannot shoot at all while wearing one, on ground or in the sky.
    2. Mechs should be able to take on 10 or 20 people, not 100. The health should be lowered to 300.
    4. I like that idea, but maybe instead of different materials, they should be made different colored leather chestplates named after different materials that vary in strength. The highest tier would be the existing iron one, and it would be buffed.
    Tonko921 likes this.
  12. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    Never thought I'd be going back to this area of Jetpacks, because I thought people agreed. Yes, they may have been envisioned as Transportation purposes only, but removing the ability to shoot mid air cuts half of the fun you can have with jetpacks, and how fun they were previously. The heavy weight system seems good, whether it be with the weight of the jetpack and armor itself, or adding realism to the fact that machine guns are obviously going to be hard to shoot mid air, or near enough impossible, therefore banning those types of guns mid air but allowing low weight guns to allow more of a balanced jetpacking system.

In addition to this, an easy way to nerf jetpacks, but not directly is adding more defences the solo player or ground players can use to their advantage, such as having buildings that require the jetpacker to actually walk in, adding more turrets that can be easily shot at the jetpacker. Traps such as cobwebs or new things that can stick the player in place, causing nausea and slowness. Many things can be done to improve how people fight jetpackers. You can also buff some of the kits so they can get to higher places more easily, having faster rebuild on engineer ect. There's much that can be done with kits, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Finally, you can also just improve landscaping and building within Wasted in general so they're more suited to the players on the ground rather than the jetpacks. The only thing Jetpackers can do is go onto balconies or go to the top of the building itself.
  13. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    What about place-able barbed wire as a new thing? As a base part or so? and more variations of grenades that effect players but can be an effective against a Jetpacker fairly well. Alongside a kit to counter against Jetpackers that is not usable by Jetpackers such as an attack chopper with a cool down, or a new Helicopter vehicle?
    Tonko921, 323465963 and Hydralaxius like this.
  14. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    I mean yeah, something along the lines of the MTA Helicopters wouldn't be so bad, if they were worked with well in terms of balancing.
    _Dark_Messiah_ likes this.
  15. 323465963 Retired Staff

XP:
    130,346xp
    I'm wondering if there's anything about the Shulker's homing projectiles that can get incorporated into sandbox. SAMs, for one, would be a pretty neat thing to have as an anti-air defense.
  16. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
    Elytra also
    Tonko921, 323465963 and Hydralaxius like this.
  17. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    Yep
    323465963 likes this.
  18. captain_marwick Regular Member

XP:
    5,108xp
    Idk about this and if it's possible and how much it would cost to implement this into wasted so no one freak out if it's impossible. but anyway
    a 3D texture pack for guns and such but leaving all other blocks normal. So yeah.
    Thank you for your hard work
  19. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    Wasted has so much potential, that's what I love about it.
    KoenigApfel likes this.
  20. captain_marwick Regular Member

XP:
    5,108xp
    When wasted was most popular there was a large YouTube following and I hope
    That wasted will have something a bit like that when it releases in 2017 and
    If we had something like that, the popularity. Of wasted (and the whole network) would go
    Up a lot. Thank you for working hard =P
    Tonko921 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.