1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Cool Effects for Infection

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Hellomynameis99, Dec 16, 2013.

Suggestion - Cool Effects for Infection
?

Would you like this added?

Yes 10 vote(s) 76.9%
No 3 vote(s) 23.1%
  1. Hellomynameis99 Emerald

XP:
    25,762xp
    Cool Effects for Infection
    As any MineZ player knows, you have a chance to get infected whenever a zombie hits you.
    What would you experience? Dizziness? Disorientation?

I was wondering, is there a way for the server to set the client's "Super Secret Settings"?
    [IMG]
    Cool, eh? This is close to what you might experience if a zombie bit you in real life.

What do you think?

2. TARDIScrew Platinum

XP:
    14,909xp
    The thing is
    1) There are no zombies in real life. They are entirely fictional.
    2) How would the server change preferences in each client (or each individual) when you become infected?
    3) I know of no possible way for a server (even as good as the Shotbow Network) to change settings in player's clients.

So, good idea! A plugin could be made, but the server couldn't change any settings in clients. Rest easy for now.
  3. Hellomynameis99 Emerald

XP:
    25,762xp
    I am not so deluded as to believe there are zombies in real life. I'm just saying that you might experience these visual symptoms before you turn.

Read the thread before posting please. I asked for input on this topic as I don't know myself.
    If you were wondering how it could be applied to an individual client, that's simple. The same way potion effects are applied.

Thank you for your input.
  4. conflicttFTW Regular Member

XP:
    10,943xp
    servers can toggle settings in le client:

the hellfire's speed in some fations spawns? that sets you fov higher when you sprint. it CAN be done :stuck_out_tongue:
  5. TARDIScrew Platinum

XP:
    14,909xp
    2) How would the server change preferences in each client (or each individual) when you become infected?

I said this to emphasise my point that it can't be done with the current version on minecraft. :)
  6. Hellomynameis99 Emerald

XP:
    25,762xp
    Erm... Right. I'm not sure it emphasizes your point.
    You Shoukd have stared it, not asked it. :stuck_out_tongue:
  7. Nokah Platinum

XP:
    528,648xp
    Looks awsome, but there is a problem, all coding out aside. People will lagg, and it will be bad. Really bad. Not everyone runds MineZ in 400 fps. This is a mayor problem. If im wrong, correct me, but it looks laggy.
  8. konyvfalovb Platinum

XP:
    23,439xp
    Perhaps people would only see them if their partcles are on maximum. Laggy people => no such experience.
  9. Nokah Platinum

XP:
    528,648xp
    Thats smart. Creds
  10. Hellomynameis99 Emerald

XP:
    25,762xp
    I did think of the lag. I don't have a very good PC either, but this specific shader (Super secret setting) didn't lag at all for me... Remember that the shaders are a post-render addition :D
  11. Nokah Platinum

XP:
    528,648xp
    I kneel to your wisdom.
  12. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    Not really laggy. Thats the phosphor effect that leaves "shades" of a certain picture after you move your vision, i tried it and its not really a laggy shader.