1. We are currently offline because we are rolling out a new system to help us defend against attackers. We apologize for the inconvenience and are thankful for your understanding.

2. At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.

If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.

3. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix Connecting to Shotbow issues

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Jackiemei, May 12, 2019.

No Prefix - Connecting to Shotbow issues
  1. Jackiemei Silver

XP:
    13,149xp
    Having issues connecting to shotbow servers today Is there a way to check server status?

2. RangerRob95 Silver

XP:
    11,154xp
    SAME HERE AND WHEN I DO GET ABOUT 5 MINS OF GAMEPLAY AND IT KICKS EVERYONE AND ITS EXTREMELY LAGGY, IS THIS THE DAY SHOTBOW GIVES UP ON ITS PLAYERS?
  3. karabear04 Regular Member

XP:
    19,545xp
    It's also down today, and i feel like shotbow is not even trying to help these problems
  4. Flobbitman79 Regular Member

XP:
    261xp
    Well it pings about half the time. and when it does (with a good connection anyway) it gets through "Connecting to server", and sits on "Logging in" for awhile and then says "Failed to connect, Connection timed out". Though once i got a message saying "Login servers down". I have tried different IP adr. and none of them work. I got in once earlier at about 10:30 CST and then left after a few mins and came back to try and reconnect and got the previously mentioned problems. I hope that some of this info will help.
  5. cyclone_43 Silver

XP:
    93,523xp
    From the Shotbow Discord

"Hello everyone,
    For the past few months we’ve been experiencing intermittent downtime and connection instability. The current state of our server is due to persistent, daily ongoing DDOS attacks. We have a plan with several steps in mind to resolve this. Whilst these attacks were frustrating we have managed to maintain some uptime on Shotbow for our games to be playable. Sadly in the past week we have seen an escalation of these attacks to the point where Shotbow is unreachable for hours at a time, several times a day. Since these attacks started several months ago we have been in touch with our current host to investigate these attacks and provide updated mitigation against them. Unfortunately all efforts, from both sides, have been unsuccessful so far. Our host is currently moving us to a new system which we hope will null and void these attacks. We are making progress, however we are encountering some issues getting setup on the new system. We are in contact with our host every single day to get solutions to bugs and issues we are running into as we try to get setup. If this new system does not work out however, moving hosts is not off the table. There would be additional expense and would this would also result in 100% downtime for several days whilst we migrated. I hope this clarifies where we are for everyone and what our plans are to get Shotbow back up and stable. The last week has been exhausting for us. We just want to have Shotbow up and running so we can play, host events and generally just have a good time. We’re not giving up on this fight, no matter what we need to do. We will be posting a follow-up announcement to this on the Shotbow forums sometime in the next few days. Please stay tuned! Thanks for your patience."
    -Mistri
    GJrocks09 likes this.