Civ-War Closed Beta Is Open!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mistri, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Mistri Mini Admin

XP:
    208,098xp
    [IMG]
    日本語
    Calling all premiums! Whether you're a basic member or an Obsidian subscriber, Civ-War is back from its hibernation, available to you!

What is Civ-War?
    Civ-War is a game about building civilizations set in a large, persisent world filled with players. Players start out as nomads, gathering resources and making allies until they can build a camp. Gather more resources and allies and found a civilization! Research technology! Build structures! Conquer the world!

[IMG]

Explore
    Venture outward from spawn into the wild and find a spot to settle. You may encounter trade resources, and other player towns which will influence your decision on where to settle. Different biomes generate different resources.

[IMG]

Resources and Materials
    Civ-War contains many new custom items. These items are crafted using a crafting bench and combining many more normal Minecraft items into higher tier items. Certain items like iron, gold, diamonds, and emeralds can be exchanged for Coins at the Bank structures. Coins can be traded for materials at the Market.

[IMG]

Towns
    Towns can be created by players to protect areas from outsiders. Inside a town the owners are free to build creatively without interference from griefers. Towns cost materials to create and Coins to maintain. Towns can build functional structures which allow its residents access to more features. Towns can only be built inside of a civilization.

[IMG]

Civilizations
    Civilizations are collections of towns. All towns inside of the civilization share technology which is researched by the civ. Many items and structures in Civ-War are only obtainable through the use of technology. Founding your own civ is a lot of work, you must be a natural leader and bring people together in order for your civ to survive and flourish.

[IMG]

War!
    War allows civilizations to settle their differences. Normally, all structures inside a civilization are protected from damage. However, civs have the option to declare war on each other and do damage to each other's structures, and even capture towns from each other. Each weekend, WarTime is enabled for two hours during which players at war must defend their civ and conquer their enemies.

How Can I Play?
    If you're a premium, you automatically have access to Civ-War, so just join our hub and find "Civ-War" in the server selector. Not a premium? Premium packages such as basic and subscriber can be purchased for as little as $10, which will allow you to join us in the closed beta! Can't afford premium? Unfortunately, you'll have to wait 2-3 months while the current Civ-War phase comes to completion, at which time Civ-War will open to the public!

Want more info about Civ-War? Check out their website! Thanks for flying Shotbow, and see you on Civ-War!

2. BenjaminGoGurts Silver

XP:
    13,094xp
  3. 00110101 Regular Member

XP:
    59,958xp

yep the hype train should be moving
    Mistri and BenjaminGoGurts like this.
  4. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    354,040xp
    Shotbow has probably made more money in the past few days than they have in 2015 and 2016 combined and its not even their game.
    00110101 likes this.
  5. Usamathebest11 Regular Member

XP:
    6,802xp
    Really? If that was the case there would have probably been more support and updates to annihilation.
  6. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    354,040xp

? explain why I dont understand?
    LegendaryAlex likes this.
  7. hi529 Silver

XP:
    10,809xp
    I'm a donor (my being able to choose my spawn in minez classic can attest to that if not my title ingame and on the forums) but I don't have access to CivWar. What gives? Never really understood the concept of a premium-only beta in the first place, feel like it's just a cheap way to coerce people into paying for what they should get get for free.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm dumb and forgot these things expire. At the very least, former premiums should get access too, you know? I'd prefer everyone but that's not going to happen, so at least don't force people to pay again. When I think about it, the entire expiration thing is just a way to force people to pay you again.
  8. LegendaryAlex Gold

XP:
    134,211xp
    They made it premium only for a reason. If it wasn't premium only, the whole civwar server would get flooded by people and lag. Also a point that this is the BETA, a beta is mostly to report bugs and get rid of them, not to play. To find any of the bugs you need to play the game (of course) which would be hard if the whole server lagged. Oh and a "Closed" beta always has a limitation of player, just like in the annihilation closed beta.
  9. Ultimativemaster Gold

XP:
    277,986xp
    Can i join with silver?
  10. Navarr Sr Web Developer

XP:
    563,409xp

If your Silver is still active.

This is the way it's been for five years. I understand that you want free things, but you shouldn't use that as a reason to subvert our business model :stuck_out_tongue:

Servers are a recurring cost for us. Highlife held the ideology that if you pay $100 (which is a high amount) you shouldn't have to pay anymore, which is the reason Platinum is currently unlimited.

You purchased a limited rank, so your benefits are limited. That's just the way it is.
    kirbybubbles and Mistri like this.
  11. Ultimativemaster Gold

XP:
    277,986xp
    Ok i have to buy gold to Play by the way
    Will i be Abel to buy chatcolor im civilwar ?
  12. Navarr Sr Web Developer

XP:
    563,409xp