1. At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.

If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.

2. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

MineZ Christmas 2019

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DJ_Pedro, Dec 14, 2019.

MineZ - Christmas 2019
  1. DJ_Pedro BAC Team Lead

XP:
    2,262,099xp
    Happy December!

Hello survivors! First of all, I would like to wish everyone happy holidays, with only 10 days left until Christmas! I am pleased to announce that Christmas will be making its return to MineZ once again.

Traveling Snowman

For those who don't know, the Traveling Snowman is a Christmas themed event hosted on live servers. A snowman with a chest will spawn at a random location on the MineZ map, carrying special Christmas themed loot. In order to obtain the loot, one will have to face other players, dangerous mobs or even complete some parkour.
    Starting tomorrow, the Traveling Snowman will spawn every Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 12 PM CST (EU prime time) and 6 PM CST (US prime time). Additionally, it will also spawn on December 30th at the same times.

However, similarly to this year's Spookfest, things will be a little different. That means instead of a public server, the Traveling Snowman will spawn on a Private server with premium-only turned off. The premium-only filter will be turned off 30 minutes before the Snowman spawns. Players must be on the server before the Snowman spawns.

At the designated spawn time, the server will be whitelisted, the Snowman will be spawned, and the location will be announced.

Furthemore, rules regarding abusing alternate accounts remain the same as well, meaning if a single player is caught having any alternate accounts on the Private server, all accounts in question will be permanently banned.

Other Changes

"What about Christmas builds, a Christmas dungeon, the South Pole?", you may ask. Unfortunately, as you might know from Doc's MineZ Status Update, the game has been updated to 1.12.2 on the dev server, meaning we are unable to roll any changes until everything is completed. It is quite disappointing we can't provide you anything else, but we hope to bring you a ton of new content once the update is finished!

Calendar

Sunday, December 15th:
    • 12:00 CST - The Traveling Snowman will spawn somewhere in the world!
    • 6:00 CST - The Traveling Snowman will spawn somewhere in the world!
    Friday, December 20th:
    Saturday, December 21st:
    Sunday, December 22nd:
    Friday, December 27th:
    Saturday, December 28th:
    Sunday, December 29th:
    Monday, December 30th:

While it isn't as much as we were hoping to bring you, we didn't want to leave you all without any content, especially a traditional one such as MineZ Christmas. Thank you for sticking with us!

- Pedro and the MineZ Team

Edit: Hey guys. Starting with Pileus (US chest on the 27th), I have been taking some rather cinematic screenshots of the Traveling Snowman and its locations. You can view the album here!

Thanks to everyone who participated in the event, we'll see you next year! :)

2. Alqddin Gold

XP:
    118,811xp
    :flushed: very nice.

christmas in may again perhaps? hehe
  3. kbsfe Silver

XP:
    16,673xp
  4. Carrying Emerald

XP:
    64,088xp
    rip! I wanted Christmas Dungeon D:
  5. Leveron1995 Platinum

XP:
    185,811xp
    Changes and changes every month but the server still going down...
  6. plusouplus Emerald

XP:
    365,725xp
    Exact same concept as the Haloween Treat Chests. The only change is the theme of the towns, snowy instead of "creepy".
    I don't see any point with these chests since there isn't even 1 "legendary" item in. There used to be the Pumpkin in the treat chests that made the concept "interesting" but right now it's just a bunch of random item + some heads called "ornements".
    I know that you couldn't add south/north pole due to the map frozen, but understand that we (atleast me) expected something better than just a copy paste of the haloween event.
    There used to be some other cool events that could have been re-done for this year, such as the head hunt.
    Don't see any hate in my comment, i'm just telling my vision of this event.
  7. JTGangsterLP6 Annihilation Co-Lead

XP:
    5,823,317xp
    Maybe the most valuable items are just rarer this time? :wink:
  8. DJ_Pedro BAC Team Lead

XP:
    2,262,099xp
    Hey guys. Starting with Pileus (US chest on the 27th), I have been taking some rather cinematic screenshots of the Traveling Snowman and its locations. You can view the album here!

Thanks to everyone who participated in the event, we'll see you next year! :)
    Mistri likes this.