1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Shotbow Games Changelog #1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by lazertester, Apr 24, 2013.

Shotbow Games - Changelog #1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lazertester Lead Developer

XP:
    365,160xp
    Greetings, Shotbow wielders!

Shotbow Games came as a surprise to many because it is

1) Not made exclusively by us.
    2) Very similar to another server network's gamemode.

This was a project that libraryaddict created for any server to host. He lists his reasons in his devbukkit page here: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/hunger-games/ so I won't go over those. The ultimate goal of pushing this project in its current form by libraryaddict was to send a message: It's not fun getting ripped off. We pride ourselves on being original and innovative, and I apologize for any confusion caused by our opening up the SBG servers in a clearly unoriginal state. Over the next while I will be working tirelessly to differentiate ourselves from the original project so that Shotbow Games can actually be a Shotbow worthy gamemode. Feel free to submit ideas and suggestions here on the forums and especially to provide feedback on changes as they happen. This update focused on bringing some familiar Shotbow game mechanics to SBG, as well as introducing some new ones :)

Without further adieu, here is the first changelog for Shotbow Games:

• Added DoubleJumper kit.
    • Added Mole kit.
    • Added Grappler kit.
    • Added Scout kit, line of sight check is 10 blocks instead of 20 like on Wasted.
    • Added Jedi kit.
    • Added Sociopath kit.
    • Added a new crafting recipe: a red mushroom + a brown mushroom + an empty bottle = a splash health 1 (Thanks Zombry for the suggestion)
    (Enter "IHaveReadTheChangelog" in the xp code section of the xp shop for 200xp- expires Saturday)
    shannonclan likes this.

2. mackan240 Silver

XP:
    19,624xp
    Awesome but what will be the priority with the eu servers on 1st of may?
    wasted/gun game or SBgames?
  3. lazertester Lead Developer

XP:
    365,160xp
    That's more of a HighlifeTTU question, but I would say the answer is "Yes."
    Mr_Darn likes this.
  4. JuanDeags Platinum

XP:
    15,221xp
    "Added Jedi Kit"
    aww yeah!
  5. PinkAng3l Platinum

XP:
    30,672xp
    ...Can you add a 'stalker kit'

pleease? :3
  6. Prophettt Platinum

XP:
    8,067xp
    Thanks for the 200 xp!

I also am gonna love that new recipe for a splash I healing potion. I only think there is no logic in it,
    since you're using a bottle it just randomly turns into a splash. But well, this still is Minecraft and I like the recipe.

I think the 'Grappler' kit isn't gonna be used a lot, since it's not that useful if you can already build and break blocks.
    But still, I spawned into ravines multiple times, if I would use this kit, I could get out in a second!

The 'DoubleJumper' looks amazing since double jumping is epic, but when I saw you still take full fall damage, I don't think it's perfect for me too use, but too tell the truth, in a fight you could easily just double jump too have a second do to something which is a big chance for you to prevent getting killed, or something similar.

For the 'Scout' class, I'm not that sure what 'line of sight' is, but I'm sure it's something different then the distance you render. If you could explain it better, it would be awesome.

I'm gonna check out the 'Jedi' class. Since you can force push and force pull nearby player, I would have no idea how this would work, probably with items. But well, I'm gonna check that out soon, when I have time.

The 'Sociopath' looks like a really OP class since you can see other players health. I don't like this kit because it gives an unfair advantage for the player (That's actually the point of classes, but this just is a bit unfair.), but, I also like the class since it would be extremely useful!

'The Mole' can mine grass and dirt really easy I see, I like the idea, not an OP class at all but well, I don't really have anything to say about this class.

! KEEP IN MIND !
    I only checked what these kits do, I didn't use a single one of this yet, maybe a class which I just said was useless, maybe is really useful! I'm checking out most of the kits. (I'm checking Scout, Jedi, and Sociopath.). It's just a quick view of what I think of it. If I said something which comes over rude, I'm very sorry for that and please just tell me, since I just wanna say what I think of it, and I really love what you guys are doing and I have a lot of respect for all the developers! (And admins as well, of course!)

- Prophettt
  7. JuanDeags Platinum

XP:
    15,221xp
    Just a quick suggestion:

Jedi should have a power level or Mana, its item durability should be the level bar. Pulling takes large pieces per pull(or if its continuous - drain), if its pushing, Id say drain the bar.

Once its dura is empty, of course you cant use the force Anikan- just kidding. But yes of course you cant force players.

Mana/force regen when empty/half-empty slowly regens, 5 dura levels per 0.25 seconds.

This would reduce the potential OP'ness.

Of course, my self - I havent tried this out, but this is what im suggesting blindly.
  8. ZomBry Retired Staff

XP:
    160,894xp
    Hooray, Now I can brag that I invented health potions...

If people start complaining about health potions, I'll link them to this page >:D.
  9. ZomBry Retired Staff

XP:
    160,894xp
    Scout allows you to be invisible as long as the other guy doesn't move his crosshair over you.

AkA Using the trick from looking at endermen and instead of making them attack you, it reveals them to be visible.

I do believe there is a cooldown and max time it can be used.
  10. HighlifeTTU Network Owner

XP:
    93,176xp
    From what I know you have a great deal of experience and well thought out ideas on this mode. As such, we pay close attention to your suggestions. That being said, if you yourself find your own suggestion to be OP, please let us know. I really like the idea of splash potions since, coming from HCFactions, a well placed splash potion can turn a battle but a poorly placed splash potion (not close enough to you or healing your enemies as well) can mean your death. This seems far more strategic than a healing item that is simply right clicked. But time will tell!
  11. JuanDeags Platinum

XP:
    15,221xp
    *cough* I see new staff member here *cough*

Dunno why..I just do.

But on topic. I do agree, his last idea is great.
  12. lade1rex Regular Member

XP:
    1,815xp
    I noticed that every time i go onto the shotbow games servers, i have a different kit each time, rather then being fixed to 1 kit and having to buy the rest. Is this a new feature to let players try all the different kits in the game?
  13. akalen4u Retired Staff

XP:
    27,222xp
    It's random.

We have more kit ideas in the works. Had a lot of fun testing with lazer last night.
  14. Imaguy1337 Platinum

XP:
    6,546xp
    200 free XP? Yes sir.
    I knew there'd be a shotbow touch :)
    Can't wait for more, and I hope the MCPVP trolls will stop it
  15. Skild_Scope Regular Member

XP:
    1,958xp
    Ok i am sorry, but how do you use the lazertester class?
  16. ZomBry Retired Staff

XP:
    160,894xp
    Mobs won't attack you I believe. It's a passive effect.
  17. kwinstuh Gold

XP:
    42,008xp
    Kwinstuh kit. Eat sugar = super speed then sugar crash. LOL!
  18. dflem17 Platinum

XP:
    2,432xp
    I can't redeem the code it says "
    The following error occurred:

You are lazertester! Currently using coupons:"
  19. GraemearG Regular Member

XP:
    2,586xp
    I got the same thing... What does it mean?
  20. JuanDeags Platinum

XP:
    15,221xp
    It means its expired.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.