1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Change the Cop Weapon Usage

Discussion in 'Mine Theft Auto' started by IHazSugar, Apr 9, 2016.

Suggestion - Change the Cop Weapon Usage
  1. IHazSugar Platinum

XP:
    27,219xp
    With being a cop, your already severely outnumbered. While in cop mode, the limited weapon usage makes the job even harder, and personally I think it makes the game unfair. We are limited to only pistols and the tec-9, (Where are not the best choice of weapons..) while every citizen can carry around any gun, and can easily demolish you in battle. My goal today is to either allow a more extensive list of weapons (Some shotguns, maybe some SMGs?) or to completely remove this limit.

I understand there is a SWAT enable mode, but you run into full diamond guys which are levels 1-2, just as much as you run into them as level 5-6. If, and when you run into a level 1-2 diamond guy, there is no chance at defeating them, and then you lose all your gear, and when you lose all your gear it really sucks, and when something sucks you quit ShotBow (jk i love you), and when you quit ShotBow you get depressed, when you get depressed you suicide. Don't suicide, Instead remove the cop weapon limit. (Sorry, DirectTV thingy.) I've only played as cop for one day, and I can say it's a HUGE struggle. You have to be completely careful or where you right click (So you don't steal a car), where you shoot (when your fighting a criminal, you can't shoot cops or civilians.), and using explosives (boom). Adding on a limited weapon usage is ridiculous, and makes the job five times harder.

After all, I thought the US (United ShotBow) spent billions on it's military and was careful with citizens weapon control, not the other way! Please remove the cop weapon limt

- Your Friendly Neighborhood IHazSugar
    Manchot999 and OneZedArmy like this.

2. XxChocodotxX Regular Member

XP:
    4,242xp
    My understanding is such: Generally, if you find a wanted that is level 3 or higher, chances are they've taken quite a beating. In comes the cop, finishes off the guy with a Tec-9. Kinda how it works? Also, from my understanding, 9mm fully maxed is really good. That would cost xp, and a lot, but probably worth it, so long as you can keep it. Be grateful that you have the Tec-9 to begin with though. If you're having a hard time, maybe rework your tactics? Takes a while getting used to I'd bet. Also, you said something about minority? True that no more than 10% of the server will be police at once, but also, typically no more than 5% will be wanted. Just takes getting used to.
  3. IHazSugar Platinum

XP:
    27,219xp
    Most people who reach level 3+ are diamond, and have jetpacks to climb onto roofs. Then the NPC cops can't hit them, and it leaves it to us. But even so, its a long struggle to have to switch out all your weapons, when you want to go into swat mode, and by then the suspect has left.
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  4. Ktrompfl Jr. Developer

XP:
    507,349xp
    Maxed 9mm is 2k xp+a kit. Not that much I think. If your in cop mode you should level 1-26 players if their wanted. As cop you have more hearts so its easy to kill them. If you want to kill higher level players play SWAT. As SWAT you can use everything. If thats not enough play with some friends together cop/swat. As two nobody has a chance against you. A easy way to kill high level players is attacking them while they are attacked by army troopers.
    Micatchu and OneTupacArmy like this.
  5. IHazSugar Platinum

XP:
    27,219xp
    Like I said earlier, diamond guys with strong gear are just as common in level 1-2, as to level 3-6. Also when you enter SWAT mode, your hearts are reduced and switching in-between the two takes a long time (to get all the seperate gear) and by that time, the suspect is gone. Also I don't have any IRL or in-game friends who want to become cop. Personally I am one of the few who loves to be a cop.
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  6. XxChocodotxX Regular Member

XP:
    4,242xp
    On mobile so I can't quote :(. Still though, even as said, take a team. Dealing with incoming fire from 2 or more sources is pain
  7. IHazSugar Platinum

XP:
    27,219xp
    Are you reading the things fully xP.? Read up :3.
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  8. Ktrompfl Jr. Developer

XP:
    507,349xp
    If you love cop why you want to change something? Just team with other cops on the server! 2v1 is GG
  9. IHazSugar Platinum

XP:
    27,219xp
    I do, but there aren't always other cops on the server. :(
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  10. Ktrompfl Jr. Developer

XP:
    507,349xp
    If you havnt help focus on killing crims without stuff!
  11. WhosMako Regular Member

XP:
    3,663xp
    just get a maxed 9mm problem solved i do this and i have 500 arrests
  12. IHazSugar Platinum

XP:
    27,219xp
    I don't have a high enough shooting level to increase fire rate :(.
  13. Hangar_Straight Silver

XP:
    77,466xp
    Try to buy it from other players, most high level players have tons of maxed 9mm. And most of the time it's cheaper xd.
  14. StealthMacaw Regular Member

XP:
    40,817xp
    I personally like the limitations that cops have. It means they can't just run in and wipe the server of the top players by calling backup and shotgunning them to death. There would be no criminals left for anyone!
    Not to mention that cops can unlock tazers and cuffs! These definitly give cops close-up advantages.

On a different note I have a problem with swat like you said, they die way too easy and have no chance of beating diamond criminals without the use of drugs (why can cops even take drugs? :lmao:).
    Not to mention if you're having a massive fight with another person as swat, you're gonna lose 20 arrests because of all the NPC cops dying in 1 hit by your shotguns and grenades, and all the "stolen" cars with all the villagers and innocents running into your fight for no reason.

Now that comes to mind, do you know how many arrests are lost because of silly players and villagers in cars walking in your line of fire?! D:
  15. IHazSugar Platinum

XP:
    27,219xp
    I feel like the limitation makes the game boring. Without the limitation it would let everyone try out and have fun with different weapons. Part of the game is all about exploring.
  16. StealthMacaw Regular Member

XP:
    40,817xp
    If you wanted to explore and have fun with other guns you could always not be a cop! :)
  17. Jingle535 Gold

XP:
    232,409xp
    Oh the controversy :stuck_out_tongue: I am just looking at this because this whole "cop weapons" thing came from one of my suggestions from when I used to play :/
  18. Ktrompfl Jr. Developer

XP:
    507,349xp
    Yeah, please buff cop but then accept that you can't play cop for your own anymore. Every high level player would play cop then and would hunt every crim down so you never would find one too arrest. In the begginings of MTA cops could use everything and every player was cop because he had special guns and all the normal stuff. I think thats not the sense of it! Im so annoyed of this buff cops suggestions!
  19. storm345 Developer

XP:
    632,098xp
    Cops in reality have to also watch who they shoot, I personally like this element of the game. As for buffing cops/not, I plan to give a slight health increase to SWAT but not much more. Why? As others have mentioned, the changes to cop were done because cops would dominate the game and make it less fun for everybody, reverting those changes would once again make criminal obsolete and ruin the fun.
  20. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,047xp
    I also love being cop and having limited weapon usage is sometimes a problem. But I have solved this by shooting crims from afar. Also strafing keeps you alive for a few more seconds :stuck_out_tongue:.