1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Change requirements to compete in competitive

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by bafflingly, May 1, 2015.

Suggestion - Change requirements to compete in competitive
  1. JesusCrusty Platinum

XP:
    167,007xp
    For those of you that have tried/frequently play competitive, you may feel my struggle. Many people end up entering the game and then leaving and getting disqualified because they didn't know what they were getting into, were bored, didn't know how to play, etc. So then the teams are uneven which discourages others so they end up leaving, and before you know it, it's 2v6.
    I think a possible requirement could be they have to have 3 bought classes. This would not only encourage people to purchase XP to buy the classes, but it would also show that they're there to stay because they put time/money into the game and are less likely to leave than those who don't have classes.

2. Coyn Platinum

XP:
    214,750xp
    One of the requirements currently is that you have to be Novice III to play competitive. This has not been completely implemented though, but im sure when the do add it that the problems of newbies in ranked will drop heavily

Be patient!
  3. SnowblindGhost Emerald

XP:
    130,873xp
    Sounds like an interesting idea to stop the uneven teaming, but it sounds kind of pay-to-win. :stuck_out_tongue:
    aqueousPoet likes this.
  4. JesusCrusty Platinum

XP:
    167,007xp
    Oh, didn't know that. Guess the problem might fix itself.
    I wouldn't say so. It depends on how often they play, but you could probably get 25k in a week or two. There is a lot of giveaways on the forums for xp too, I don't think it would be that hard. Maybe the number could be adjusted if needed.
  5. Triceratops Silver

XP:
    20,635xp
    I was just thinking about this. I agree that requirements should be changed, but three bought classes for 25k xp each seems like too much.
  6. Litnetti Emerald

XP:
    96,582xp
    Whenever I try to play competitive, we get decimated by a clan.
  7. Keyboard Gold

XP:
    213,294xp
  8. Litnetti Emerald

XP:
    96,582xp
  9. YUMMiR Platinum

XP:
    194,558xp
    People should get demoted or temp banned if they keep quiting. This will discourage players from wanting to leave. Another solution is to make people not want to leave. Like some kind of xp boost
  10. jaka100 Gold

XP:
    11,576xp
    Is there a punishment for leaving competitive? They could ban people from both regular and 8v8 Annihilation for a day if they leave, with a scaling ban.
  11. Unicycle43 Retired Staff

XP:
    322,642xp
    I'm not sure if it was because I tested it a couple of times before it was fully released or what because I could join before Novice- III
    Superbob1000 likes this.
  12. YUMMiR Platinum

XP:
    194,558xp
    I would rather temp ban from 8v8 comp than all of anni
    wepile likes this.
  13. AardvarkGoatMan Gold

XP:
    5,134xp
    buy a compete\itive pass for 15k from the shop, problem solved!