1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Lobby Cant login to the server :c

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Xcanto2005, Jul 22, 2015.

Lobby - Cant login to the server :c
  1. Xcanto2005 Regular Member

XP:
    13,451xp
    cant login

2. Suoermario Emerald

XP:
    30,202xp
    The session servers are currently down. Keep this website open for updates!
  3. Xcanto2005 Regular Member

XP:
    13,451xp
  4. Lord_Aaron Platinum

XP:
    349,773xp
    Any insight to when it'll be back up?
  5. Rotations Silver

XP:
    10,218xp
    Nope. I don't even think Mojang knows this is going on seeing that their support twitter page hasn't said anything about it.
  6. Lord_Aaron Platinum

XP:
    349,773xp
    Why would Mojang be involved? It said it's down for maintenance, which either means that Shotbow staff took it down to work on it or the server hosts are working on their system. I don't think Mojang is actually involved with either of those.

EDIT: I read into the Mojang server thing. I understand now what is going on for all the servers.
  7. zusco_ Regular Member

XP:
    24,032xp
    What is going on: Its not shotbow, a team of hackers named HOICSquad Ddosed minecraft auth servers (Owned by Mojang), which is why so many networks have about 30 people on them, even the biggest network has less than 30 players.

How to fix it: One way to bypass auth servers is for someone who has access to server.properties to set online-mode to false.
    However doing so will allow players with cracked minecraft to join so it would be wise for staff to somehow get passwords of players from the forms and install them to a password plugin so people could not name themselves as someone else and have access to all that player's commands/payments.

Although, it might not be worth it now since I heard of someone in HOIC saying that auth servers will be back up about 4 hours from now, but I mean come on if they hacked Mojangs auth servers I would not trust them. I'd say the members in HOIC are likely to go to court and/or prison for this event.
    SquallyTheWally likes this.
  8. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    122,962xp
    Both their twitter accounts, their facebook account and reddit account, I do believe, were terminated and they're probably in the back of a van being driven to Alcatraz as we speak :D
    Rotations likes this.