1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Can you do 3D models/textures for 1.8? Want to be part of the team?

Discussion in 'When in Rogue' started by HighlifeTTU, Feb 28, 2015.

Can you do 3D models/textures for 1.8? Want to be part of the team? | Page 10
  1. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    So uh, has any work been done on the actual WiR recourse pack or is it still in the ideas and seeing who'd be good for it stage? :stuck_out_tongue:
    Imma list some items which would be cool:
    Crossbow
    Warhammer
    Battleaxe
    Some cool Mage staff
    Mace/morning star
    Flail (re skinned fishing rod, could be interesting :3)
    Dagger
    Scythe
    Shield
    Trident
    Spear
    Bastard sword

what'd also be cool is a staff which when you left click it swaps to a different spell, and when you right click it casts that spell. So there could technically be four different staffs but one changes into the next every time you left click it :3
    Eisvogel17 likes this.

2. Eisvogel17 Regular Member

XP:
    6,741xp
    I think the flail is a very good idea, already had a similar one like a Whip... but flail better fits into when in rogue! The fishing rod would be very fast attacking in Close range and very slow on big distance. this would make it a awsome weapon!
  3. AGearBeast Platinum

XP:
    405,872xp
    Hello all, so currently im making something related to a helmet, pratically its a modeled block disguised as an helmet, if anyone wants the blueprints >> Here << Enjoy! if you need help needing where these files do and go maybe you should watch some tutorials first :/

Edit : Also forgot to say its possible to put blocks on your head using a hat pluggin
  4. ThordFox Emerald

XP:
    36,639xp
    export your work as a x3d (zip + png) file, then go Tools > Share Model Preview online... browse your .x3d file in the Examine... button of the window that will pop up. Upload it and click the link on that same window.
    Then, send your link here
    [IMG]
  5. AGearBeast Platinum

XP:
    405,872xp
    not what i meant but ok? .-.
  6. ThordFox Emerald

XP:
    36,639xp
    It's either that or you sending some pics. I dont want to load your model in game nor in cubik just to take a look at it -.-
  7. AGearBeast Platinum

XP:
    405,872xp
    then you dont understand what im saying, its a blueprint to model helmets on. :rolleyes:
  8. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    Basically, we want screenshots!
    Ain't no body got time for downloading things!
    Gallihad likes this.
  9. AGearBeast Platinum

XP:
    405,872xp
    [IMG]

HERE YOU GUYS GO, wow so cool, basically what i explained above of how its just a blueprint to model block/hats off of.....
  10. Gol Regular Member

XP:
    3,721xp
    Alf_Eats_Kittens likes this.
  11. ThordFox Emerald

XP:
    36,639xp
    So damn cocky it hurts
  12. ThordFox Emerald

XP:
    36,639xp
    This also deserves a like I guess...
    [IMG]
    Dr_Bosch likes this.
  13. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    Welp, gotta admit I was pretty confused.
    To me it just looked like you'd made something cool and said people could download it but I wanted to know what it was without having to download it.

Thord is that a duck helmet? o_O
  14. Mr_Darn Retired Staff

XP:
    56,604xp
    Thord...
    I mean...
    well...

Oh stuff it, I'm off to the pub.

/me nopes out
    _Lefarsi, demon_peanut and ThordFox like this.
  15. ThordFox Emerald

XP:
    36,639xp
    Exactly. You have to wear it on your head.
    Thanks for the support I totally agree
    demon_peanut likes this.
  16. Dr_Bosch Modeler

XP:
    51,583xp

It seemed as if you were making a helmet from what you were saying here. Nowhere did it say that you were making a base for the helmet, only that you were making something to be worn on the head. Therefore we thought that you had made a helmet, and were asking for pictures and a display of the model, so that it would not have to be downloaded.
  17. AGearBeast Platinum

XP:
    405,872xp
    "if anyone wants the blueprints" "Enjoy" i acknowledge how it might of been misunderstood but i did phrase it properly, oh well end of topic.
  18. ThordFox Emerald

XP:
    36,639xp
    How do you animate a model's blocks like this?
    [IMG]
    I asked this to the resourcepack author, he kindly made a post (also for advertising but yeah :lmao:) opening himself for questions on Cubik Support. However I'll ask it here and see where do I get the fastest reply. If nobody posted the answer here when I get it on Cubik Support, I'll paste it here for us to learn :D
    demon_peanut likes this.
  19. ThordFox Emerald

XP:
    36,639xp
    He replied INSTANTLY sp00ky
    Source, profile
  20. AGearBeast Platinum

XP:
    405,872xp
    wait so what exactly was he doing? i didnt understand what he was saying exactly, ive got an idea but need to confirm