1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Can you do 3D models/textures for 1.8? Want to be part of the team?

Discussion in 'When in Rogue' started by HighlifeTTU, Feb 28, 2015.

Can you do 3D models/textures for 1.8? Want to be part of the team?
  1. HighlifeTTU Network Owner

XP:
    93,176xp
    EDIT: So you do not necessarily have to be good at the modeling part AND the texture part. I've now got a couple people working on modeling, but if you are good at 32x or 64x textures, we could still use you on the team. So please show off your texture work in this thread.

We are going to eventually be releasing When in Rogue to the public. However, before doing so we are going to finish up the last two themes, move everything to 1.8, and also add some other neat features. However, with 1.8 we have the ability to do custom models and textures for anything in the game. As a result, we are looking for someone who has skill in doing modeling/texturing in Minecraft 1.8. If you think you qualify, you have an opportunity to work with the Shotbow team and possibly become part of our staff!

Simply reply below with screenshots of some of your work. If we like what we see, we will get in contact with you.

Need an idea on what to work on?

Take the standard diamond sword and make it into a double axe, like this image:

[IMG]
    Use 16x16 resolution textures, as we will likely use the default resolution so that players with low end machines can still run it.

2. JorgeCJNG Obsidian

XP:
    40xp
    Nice I hope people start working on em!
    Davidss10001 likes this.
  3. xSandblast Emerald

XP:
    245,023xp
    But 1.8 pvp sucks ;-;
    LeForsakenMoon likes this.
  4. HighlifeTTU Network Owner

XP:
    93,176xp

We know. But WiR is a co-op game against monsters, so there is no reason to stay on 1.7 when 1.8 has such new, rich features.
  5. xSandblast Emerald

XP:
    245,023xp
    But what about anni? and MineZ and MineZ 2? Eventually you'll have to switch those to 1.8....
  6. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    Hold up, how about giving us a test? For example, give us a sample texture and tell us how you'd want it and then, if you like what we make, take us in?
  7. Sad Emerald

XP:
    885,564xp
    Glad to see WiR getting the love it deserves, tis a game of much potential.
  8. HighlifeTTU Network Owner

XP:
    93,176xp

Alright - Take the default diamond sword and turn it into a badass looking double axe. :)

With the current protocol hacks we can support both 1.7 and 1.8, meaning we have the luxery of keeping some games 1.7/1.8 dual support, where other games are 1.8 only. The need to move to 1.8 will be driven by the ability to continue protocol hacks into 1.9, or if 1.8 is patched to support better PvP. Most the major networks chat with each other, and we've decided to keep our PvP modes 1.7 until we see better player feedback on the 1.8 or 1.9 (future) pvp.
    a2A209_, LeMoon, Anskar and 1 other person like this.
  9. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    What about the texture size? 16x16, 32x32, etc...
  10. HighlifeTTU Network Owner

XP:
    93,176xp

16x16 as we'd probably use that resolution so it didn't hammer low end machines.

EDIT: Thanks for the questions, put all of this in the main post.
  11. xSandblast Emerald

XP:
    245,023xp
    I really like what you've been doing with WIR, because honestly, like Sad said, it has great potential and I think it's one of the best gamemodes on Shotbow tbh :)
  12. JorgeCJNG Obsidian

XP:
    40xp
    o so you want textures like on the Server Textures for Minecraft Warlords?
  13. Pyachi2002 Slaughter Lead

XP:
    11,370,332xp
    You guys need to release Ice and Desert, Ive been waiting for those
  14. HighlifeTTU Network Owner

XP:
    93,176xp

That is a good example of a mode that did 1.8 textures right. Yes.
  15. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    I won't be able to enter, but I just made the lives of 3D model/texture makers a bit harder, but I guess if they're able to make great textures, it shouldn't be much of a problem for them to make this :)
  16. HighlifeTTU Network Owner

XP:
    93,176xp

We agree. We honestly stopped working on it because the EULA drama burned us out. However, we are now back focusing on it and we want to make it better than ever. We already have the Ice and Desert tile sets done, just gotta get them implemented.
    a2A209_, LeMoon, DaFunk and 1 other person like this.
  17. Pyachi2002 Slaughter Lead

XP:
    11,370,332xp
  18. Pyachi2002 Slaughter Lead

XP:
    11,370,332xp
    Copy and paste that image onto a white background to see the full image
  19. HighlifeTTU Network Owner

XP:
    93,176xp
  20. Pyachi2002 Slaughter Lead

XP: