1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Can we fix this

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by oomono_youtuber, May 6, 2019.

Suggestion - Can we fix this
  1. Kireigoto Platinum

XP:
    791,484xp
    90seconds guaranteed return to the match is waaay too short. It should be atleast 5 minutes long. This also benefits players with high pings or network issues. For instance it takes about 3 minutes to reboot the wifi modem/router. Hence, i believe extension of the guaranteed return time to 5-10 minutes would be reasonable.

Ah and DDoS seems to be taking the server down a lot lately too. So i reckon its would be a good fix :D
    Clip and Tobi472 like this.

2. SaltyPasta472 Platinum

XP:
    1,153,687xp
    I dont know where to start.
    First I like your idea with the longer rejoin time but let us look a bit more into the current situation.

Ppl who play with me know that my Intermet is very bad. I often have dcs but on average it takes me not more than 20 seconds to rejoin.
    Here the current system is good enough.
    On the other hand I encounterd some dcs which took me about 2 to 3 minutes which doesnt feel like a long time but you may end up in the player que.
    Additionally I played about 2 games in the past weeks in which the server got ddos and the game was not joinable for about 4 to 7 minutes.
    Many people ended up in the player que and some left the game because one team had only 3 players joining back in and some waited until only 2 teams were alive and they could join in.

It may be surpring but I blame the que system.
    I was really exited as it got implemented into the game and hoped it would fix the stacking entirely.
    I want to state here that it didnt made anything worse, it had some impact and it is the step in the right direction.

In the early joinable phases it doed a good job to make sure overstacking is not thing.
    Teams can still be stacked like 11 v 14 v 11 v 11 but thats not to crazy. But there are some situations which I believe shouldnt happen and favor the wrong team.
    This problem involves players leaving a game early. You cant do much about players leaving but maybe dont make the following happen.
    If players from the team with the lowest player count leave. 8 v 11 v 11 v 14. Now people would only to be able to join the first team this is fine for p1 and p2. Lets take it a step further. Its p5 the chance that players from this team return is close to 0.
    Now if anyone from the current players dcs for about 3 minutes and they rejoin they will be finding themselves in the player que.
    So it may look like this 6 v 10 v 11 v 14. The players from the first team left bevause some just give up and the second tean had a dc.
    Now he has 2 options wait until only 2 teams are alive or the lowest player team gets taking out or leave. I think I have spent atleast an hour in total waiting and yes in one chase before I could rejoin with my full prot 3 diamond armor.

This was just my own experience and it would make my live easier if thesystem would not work anymore in phase 5.
    oomono_youtuber likes this.
  3. IncognitoSausage Platinum

XP:
    196,661xp
    If my MC crashes it takes about 4-6 mintues to boot up again and if my wifi goes down about 3 mintues to boot up again, so I understand your point. But the admins will argue that people will join a game and then disconnect and not play anymore giving the team they joined a disadvantage and it will prevent players wanting to join the team that there friend is on which sucks.
    oomono_youtuber likes this.
  4. Kireigoto Platinum

XP:
    791,484xp
    thats a good point you made. although thats the reason why I suggested to "extend" the return time instead of completely getting rid of the system. thanks for suggestion though. I appreciate all the suggestions :heart:
    Tobi472 likes this.
  5. Clip Regular Member

XP:
    14,014xp
    Or just remove the queue system when its past Phase 5 or something. Since the system is only in place to prevent team stacking and nobody who wasnt previously in the game can join past Phase 3. If that were to happen I would say leave the time alone. 90 seconds is perfectly fine imo. If you do happen to get stuck in the queue during phase 1 - phase 2 it is likely you would be put back in the game very shortly. Because of the players either leaving to go to a new voting, players just leaving, or people joining other teams to balance the teams out.
    oomono_youtuber and Ivandagiant like this.
  6. SimplyGenazn Platinum

XP:
    34,287xp
    i don't know what's happening those;;;;;
  7. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    245,078xp
    Having teams merge forcefully during the game would be nice. #2teamanni
    Celariel likes this.