1. We are currently offline because we are rolling out a new system to help us defend against attackers. We apologize for the inconvenience and are thankful for your understanding.

2. At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.

If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.

3. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Can we fix this

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by oomono_youtuber, May 6, 2019.

Suggestion - Can we fix this
  1. oomono_youtuber Platinum

XP:
    141,417xp
    90seconds guaranteed return to the match is waaay too short. It should be atleast 5 minutes long. This also benefits players with high pings or network issues. For instance it takes about 3 minutes to reboot the wifi modem/router. Hence, i believe extension of the guaranteed return time to 5-10 minutes would be reasonable.

Ah and DDoS seems to be taking the server down a lot lately too. So i reckon its would be a good fix :D
    Clip and Tobi472 like this.

2. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    454,866xp
    I dont know where to start.
    First I like your idea with the longer rejoin time but let us look a bit more into the current situation.

Ppl who play with me know that my Intermet is very bad. I often have dcs but on average it takes me not more than 20 seconds to rejoin.
    Here the current system is good enough.
    On the other hand I encounterd some dcs which took me about 2 to 3 minutes which doesnt feel like a long time but you may end up in the player que.
    Additionally I played about 2 games in the past weeks in which the server got ddos and the game was not joinable for about 4 to 7 minutes.
    Many people ended up in the player que and some left the game because one team had only 3 players joining back in and some waited until only 2 teams were alive and they could join in.

It may be surpring but I blame the que system.
    I was really exited as it got implemented into the game and hoped it would fix the stacking entirely.
    I want to state here that it didnt made anything worse, it had some impact and it is the step in the right direction.

In the early joinable phases it doed a good job to make sure overstacking is not thing.
    Teams can still be stacked like 11 v 14 v 11 v 11 but thats not to crazy. But there are some situations which I believe shouldnt happen and favor the wrong team.
    This problem involves players leaving a game early. You cant do much about players leaving but maybe dont make the following happen.
    If players from the team with the lowest player count leave. 8 v 11 v 11 v 14. Now people would only to be able to join the first team this is fine for p1 and p2. Lets take it a step further. Its p5 the chance that players from this team return is close to 0.
    Now if anyone from the current players dcs for about 3 minutes and they rejoin they will be finding themselves in the player que.
    So it may look like this 6 v 10 v 11 v 14. The players from the first team left bevause some just give up and the second tean had a dc.
    Now he has 2 options wait until only 2 teams are alive or the lowest player team gets taking out or leave. I think I have spent atleast an hour in total waiting and yes in one chase before I could rejoin with my full prot 3 diamond armor.

This was just my own experience and it would make my live easier if thesystem would not work anymore in phase 5.
    oomono_youtuber likes this.
  3. IncognitoSausage Platinum

XP:
    184,358xp
    If my MC crashes it takes about 4-6 mintues to boot up again and if my wifi goes down about 3 mintues to boot up again, so I understand your point. But the admins will argue that people will join a game and then disconnect and not play anymore giving the team they joined a disadvantage and it will prevent players wanting to join the team that there friend is on which sucks.
    oomono_youtuber likes this.
  4. oomono_youtuber Platinum

XP:
    141,417xp
    thats a good point you made. although thats the reason why I suggested to "extend" the return time instead of completely getting rid of the system. thanks for suggestion though. I appreciate all the suggestions :heart:
    Tobi472 likes this.
  5. Clip Regular Member

XP:
    12,068xp
    Or just remove the queue system when its past Phase 5 or something. Since the system is only in place to prevent team stacking and nobody who wasnt previously in the game can join past Phase 3. If that were to happen I would say leave the time alone. 90 seconds is perfectly fine imo. If you do happen to get stuck in the queue during phase 1 - phase 2 it is likely you would be put back in the game very shortly. Because of the players either leaving to go to a new voting, players just leaving, or people joining other teams to balance the teams out.
    oomono_youtuber and Ivandagiant like this.
  6. SimplyGenazn Platinum

XP:
    55,429xp
    i don't know what's happening those;;;;;
  7. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    131,194xp
    Having teams merge forcefully during the game would be nice. #2teamanni