1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Wasted BugFixing And About The Next Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by lazertester, Feb 19, 2014.

Wasted - BugFixing And About The Next Update
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lazertester Lead Developer

XP:
    365,160xp
    • Logging out in a mech no longer allows you to keep the mech's inventory
    • Logging out in a turret no longer allows you to keep the turret's inventory
    • Mechs can jump from grass and other passable blocks
    • Jetpacks will take off in tall grass
    • Blowing up a weapons cache will end the objective appropriately instead of leaving it in limbo and stop more objectives from starting
    • Added some more fixes for potential ways to lose the final objective diamond, not sure if 100% yet as players are doing some silly stuff to lose it
    • Broke the Jet Pack Update so players were able to shoot form the air again
    • ReRolled with the Jet Pack Update so players can no longer shoot from the air
    • Removed the individual class signs on the walls, both fixing a bug where you could be any class (hope you enjoyed it!) and allowing for future class additions
    • A few other minor fixes I can't remember since I am typing this changelog the next morning, blame my wife cause she wanted to watch House of Cards with me last night
    We have a pretty big gameplay change planned which will allow you to revive any player that has been killed, there will be a delay like locking a building during which if you shoot or move you will abort the revive. We still need to decide what to do with the medic to make it viable with everyone able to revive, so feel free to lay out ideas on what you would like the medic to be able to do if everyone can revive :) Once we nail what we're doing with Medic the update is ready to roll. The reason for this change is that I feel being able to revive anyone on your team increases teamwork, creates a potential distraction when raiding a base (Do I revive my teammate or defend the base?) and overall allows for some more dynamic conflict. I welcome differing opinions.

2. Qik Silver

XP:
    31,975xp
    Yay, I like how wasted is getting a lot of attention! :D
    TheMinecrafter_2 likes this.
  3. Methelin Emerald

XP:
    12,461xp
    Good to know. :wink:
  4. craftykid45 Platinum

XP:
    211,902xp
    Yay!! For the medic thing, the medic should be able to near insta-revive, and normal teamates take longer maybe. i dont know :stuck_out_tongue:
    Bracko64 likes this.
  5. miner_roy Platinum

XP:
    56,127xp
    Maybe normal players need to find an item to revive them but a medic has one that never runs out and every 5 seconds medic has a small radius around it that heals people on its team?
    TheMinecrafter_2 likes this.
  6. URSA_MAJOR_XD Silver

XP:
    9,822xp
    Looks like a good update :D
  7. diamond1 Silver

XP:
    36,053xp
    i love you laser tester! i have been waiting this forever!!!
  8. eternalmars Gold

XP:
    180,386xp
    OOO cant wait :D
    I really want an annihilation update.

Either way thanks for your hard work.

Another fantastic update.
  9. lazertester Lead Developer

XP:
    365,160xp

xxsaundersxx talked to me about an Anni update today. He didn't get into too much detail but I told him to get started cause Anni needs some love!
    M4RK_Z, vised, Murgatron and 5 others like this.
  10. URSA_MAJOR_XD Silver

XP:
    9,822xp
    A idea for medic:
    Idea 1: Players in a radius... maybe 6-10 blocks get 2 hearts per second... kind of like annihilation healer
    Idea 2: Reduced time to revive
    Idea 3: Increase the range of reviving.
    idea 4: Maybe like placeable endstone block/endstone portal block that gives regeneration when teammates are near?
  11. Canadian_moose Gold

XP:
    19,768xp
    Why no luv for shotbow games :(
    Anyway at least wasted is getting loved.
  12. Wingdude100 Platinum

XP:
    19,699xp
    Demolish Medic? Add a new class to replace it, and nerf Scout.
  13. O_Casey Silver

XP:
    1,594xp
    Interesting changes. One idea to make the Medic more viable:

In Planetside 2 (and also PS1) the medic (or in the latter those certified into healing abilities) possesses two types of Grenades: Healing Grenade and Revive Grenade. The first of course heals your allies in a select radius, which becomes larger the more the medic is certified into it. The second was the revive grenade that (when I last used it! May have changed ingame) when detonated, revived allies in a select radius at about 33% of their total Health. Like the healing grenade, the more you're certified the larger the radius.

So perhaps one of these ideas (tweaked of course for this gamemode) could be of use, granted that Wasted is a more modern than good old MineZ.

Or the medic could spawn with some enhanced bandages or regenerative medicines. Just throwing some suggestions out there.
  14. eternalmars Gold

XP:
    180,386xp
    Shotbow games are on hold for now but will be visited again in the future :D

I've been told snare is working on it (When he gets free time, he has alot in his plate :stuck_out_tongue:)
  15. SoFloPindah Platinum

XP:
    28,781xp
    I have every class. So i don't care about the bug where you could be any class.
  16. Wingdude100 Platinum

XP:
    19,699xp
    Just to make sure: Shooting from the air is bug abuse for the moment, right?
  17. casewillems Platinum

XP:
    17,116xp
    derp
    SilentKreator likes this.
  18. Plxelz Regular Member

XP:
    125,442xp
    So wait, since you can no longer get free classes, how do you get Mechanic to repair Mechs due to the fact that Mechanic isn't available to buy in the XP shop.
  19. DrPyro Gold

XP:
    23,751xp
    2 ways to work the medic thing that I can think of:
    -Like said before, change amount of time to revive, for example, 7-10 seconds in comparison to 1 second.
    -OR, add bandages or medic kits into chests as rare items. Medics can always revive players, but others require the use of the item.

Any other suggestions? Oh, and I can't wait for the anni update to come out!
  20. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    Nice. All those updates and no tweaks to the Mosin.

Im already tired of getting headshotted in the FEET. But nuuuu the community just cant stop disagreeing with the fact Mosins are too easy to aim and would whine and complain about how hard it is to get a kill without having 99.9% chances of headshotting someone.
    JumJumJR and MachoSwagBucket like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.