1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other [BUG] Item Kills and Smash kills not credited/not credited correctly

Discussion in 'SMASH' started by LiMeGreenJELLO, Mar 10, 2014.

Other - [BUG] Item Kills and Smash kills not credited/not credited correctly
  1. asilvertree Platinum

XP:
    30,787xp
    As anyone that plays smash knows, kills received by way of certain items are not credited to the person who used the item, and kills received through the smash function (and solely the smash function) are not credited to the person who smashed.

When someone uses any kind of explosive that blows a person off of the map, they are not credited with the kill, the person who physically hit the dead person last gets the kill. This is not fair, as the item was what killed the person, and the person using that item deserves the kill.

Also, if I smash someone (shift key) without punching them and they go flying off the map, I get no kill. It just says they died. However considering it was my smash that killed them, I deserve the kill.

So why do I care so much? Well especially in ranked, the number of kills you get can determine a win or a loss. Just in a game today I lost 3 kills from the above stated situations. Also, XP that I should be gaining I do not gain.

Please fix this, it is quite frustrating when other people get credit for my kills.

-Lime
    diamond1 likes this.

2. diamond1 Silver

XP:
    36,053xp
    yea this is becoming a problem for me as well. especially when im an item user mostly. with all the harder players to battle against. my best chance will be using itemsa gainst them and the effort of actually landing a blow on them isnt given the xp for when i kill them.

1+ for this idea,good luck and hopefully it will be added!
  3. asilvertree Platinum

XP:
    30,787xp
    For me the XP loss sucks, but as I mostly play ranked, its the kill crediting that hits me hardest. For example if time runs out in a ranked match, and me and the opponent still have the same amount of lives, the game decides the winner on most kills. If I deserved 5 kills and he deserved 4, but I only got credited with 3 kills, I lose the game, even though I deserve a win. Both the XP and the crediting for ranked bother me