1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Buff Wizard please!

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by gunso515, Aug 31, 2016.

Suggestion - Buff Wizard please!
  1. gunso_ Retired Staff

XP:
    681,846xp
    The current problem with the Wizard is, there are 3 spells that do nothing but give the enemy damage. Wizard needs spells that can be used in various scenarios.

First get rid of flame and change missile. With Darkness buffed, there will be no need for another attack spell.

Here's what I suggest>

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

You are the knowledge.
    Utilize your understanding of the dark arts to change the tide of battle! Use your spell book to study one of five available spells. Using your wand will cast the spell you studied.

Purchase for 20,000 XP

Class info
    The Wizard spawns with wooden tools, a Wand, and a Spellbook.
    You can use the Spellbook to choose from one of six spells (listed below) or left click wand to switch between spells, right click wand to cast them.

Spells:
    Freeze - 30 seconds - Inflicts enemies with Slowness III and Mining Fatigue I and Weakness I for 10 seconds,
    Darkness - 30 seconds - Inflicts enemies with Wither for 12 seconds. (total of[IMG][IMG][IMG] damage)
    Illume - 30 seconds - Gives enemies glow effect for 15 seconds
    Whirlwind - 25 seconds - Throws enemies (and you) away from impact using knockback, you have no fall damage for 5 sec after use
    Gravity - 30 seconds - Gives enemies negative Levitation effect (level 128 ) for 15 seconds, and blindness for 2 seconds at the end of the 15 seconds to mimick a faint.
    New Missile - 30 seconds - Same as old missile + also breaks blocks it hits (like engineer C4)

Pros
    • Great selection of spells for varying situations
    Cons
    • Spells don't move very fast, which allows enemies to dodge if they see it.
    caribmay, apricot762 and ripshotbow like this.

2. JACOBSMILE Jr. Developer

XP:
    245,865xp
    The levitation effect is being looked at, but we have to make several tweaks to the Cheat Detection system before using it. It may be on a different class than Wizard.
    Winfinity and caribmay like this.
  3. iiWonderz Platinum

XP:
    82,933xp
    Yeah I dont know about the Blink: warp self to block you are look at (max 50 blocks distance) that would be a little OP don't you?
    HungerHealer likes this.
  4. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
    Take away more health the farther you blink.
  5. Litnetti Emerald

XP:
    129,775xp
    We have dasher for the blink ability
    caribmay likes this.
  6. gunso_ Retired Staff

XP:
    681,846xp
    Dasher is for going through blocks. WIZ Blink teleports you to a block you're looking at. I like the idea of taking more health the farther you blink.

I see. Didn't think that would be an issue since it's an "effect". Hope the devs are able to figure out a way to allow levitation but still catch fly cheats.
    caribmay likes this.
  7. Ikerss Platinum

XP:
    312,072xp
    I think the dashing function would be cool but I think there should be a debuff after you do it like slowness, blindness, or weakness. It also would be kinda like a dasher but oh well. Wizard is the New dasher maybe
    Winfinity likes this.
  8. khalkists Platinum

XP:
    266,378xp
    I feel like the blink ability is a bad idea (defeating the point of dasher)
    Levitation though could be made into an extremely useful vertical travel ability for Wizards.

As for darkness, (feel free to disagree with me) its primary purpose is to counter ranged fighters. I'd say nix the damage entirely and extend the blindness a few seconds.
    __GLACIO__ and zyong like this.
  9. _RubberChicken_ Platinum

XP:
    642,706xp
    The blink is a bad idea 50 blocks is waaay too far. plus as people have said its like dasher but a lot better. even with a debuff when you blink it would still be op, all you would have to do to get away from anyone is jump in a body of water and blink. but I think the levitation is a good idea.
    caribmay likes this.
  10. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    No flame = wizard is gone :mad:
  11. gunso_ Retired Staff

XP:
    681,846xp
    You guys are right, blink might be a little too op. So here's another spell to replace Blink.
    Illume: give glow effect to enemy for 15 sec
    caribmay likes this.
  12. gunso_ Retired Staff

XP:
    681,846xp
    since 1.9 Shotbow hasn't rolled out yet, thought it'd be ok to necro this thread with some updates.

Updated original post to include shield stun to one of the spells
    caribmay likes this.
  13. _RubberChicken_ Platinum

XP:
    642,706xp
    well... I believe they are buffing the sniper class to have something like that in 1.9 idk maybe have instead to switch it up have a spell gives 2 absorption hearts to friendly players if they are in the middle of the area effect and 1 if they are on the edge. (maybe have the effect a 4x4 area) with a cool down of about 30 seconds and the effect lasting 10 - 15 seconds depending on if they where in the middle of the effect similar to a potion.
    gunso_ likes this.
  14. gunso_ Retired Staff

XP:
    681,846xp
    Good idea. a defensive spell would be nice. I'll do some brainstorming