1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Bows are Broken

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Oraceon, Sep 6, 2020.

Suggestion - Bows are Broken
  1. Oraceon Obsidian

XP:
    6,287xp
    The fact that a competitive game like Annihilation has this issue where half of my fully-drawn bow shots will not even fire despite good ping and good connection, is awful. It has caused me to lose fights that just make me want to quit the game completely again.

Issue: 50% of my fully-drawn bow shots do not fire. My bow simply returns back to the resting position as if I never drew the arrow.

Is anybody else having this issue?

2. Angrycomik Regular Member

XP:
    11,453xp
    I have the same one. Really annoying, make bows useless on middle and close ranges(situations where you need to make only one shot then take sword).
    IAmTheSoup and Oraceon like this.
  3. IAmTheSoup Regular Member

XP:
    10,418xp
    I can reproduce this pretty consistently by drawing the bow while sprinting. Firing it just fails and doesn't use an arrow/durability. Eating food also fails in a similar manner - the animation completes, but you don't get any hunger back, nor consume the item. When not sprinting, my bow fires just fine even with my EU ping.
    JTGangsterLP6 and Oraceon like this.
  4. Robertthegoat Developer

XP:
    304,132xp
    What Minecraft client versions are you all using?
  5. IAmTheSoup Regular Member

XP:
    10,418xp
    I'm on 1.14.4 . Tried on some earlier versions, namely 1.12.2 and 1.13.2, and it works just fine. 1.15.2 has the issue as well.
  6. Omniv3rse Platinum

XP:
    1,580,560xp
    Easy fix: press leff click on your bow before you hold it down with right click.

credits - dutch
    DutchSurvivor likes this.
  7. Oraceon Obsidian

XP:
    6,287xp
    I'm using 1.16.2
  8. JTGangsterLP6 Annihilation Co-Lead

XP:
    6,244,079xp
    I am just going to copy & paste my response to a different thread in case anyone is looking for possible solutions here:
    Omniv3rse likes this.