1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other Boosting Rules?

Discussion in 'SMASH' started by theMineMaster2, Nov 18, 2017.

Other - Boosting Rules?
  1. theMineMaster2 Regular Member

XP:
    4,855xp
    I was surprised when I recently discovered that boosting is not covered in the Shotbow rules or qualifying as a punishable offense. If, in fact, it is, please let me know and disregard the rest.

For clarification, I am referencing boosting as the use of either alternate accounts or other willing players to artificially increase the booster's ranked score. I am unfamiliar with other Shotbow network game modes, but the Ranked system in SMASH makes it ripe for exploit by boosters, with low overall participation in Ranked especially. I think we have been fortunate to not experience this (to my knowledge) in any significant quantity, but this seems like a glaring loophole to me.

Is it possible to open a dialogue on adding 'Boosting' as a reportable offense?

2. GalacticaGX Obsidian

XP:
    1,378,170xp

Yeah :D
  3. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    Ive helped a few people out although they barely get anything out of it winning against someone with an elo of 940.
  4. InstantLightning Jr. Developer, Web Mod Lead

XP:
    384,964xp
    "Bugs or Exploits may be reported through the “Report a Bug” link on our forums. We welcome and appreciate bug reports and you will not be banned so long as you do not take advantage of, nor spread around, the bug or exploit." This is an exploit in the way that one is abusing the use of an alt to give them an unfair advantage, and to boost their ways up the ranks. It is already covered in the rules.
    theMineMaster2 likes this.
  5. Kingey Retired Staff

XP:
    212,406xp
    Teaming and boosting in ranked is not allowed. If you catch someone doing it, please record evidence and submit a report on the forums. We don't ban for a single case of boosting, however with sufficient evidence, players will have their ELO's reset.