1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Blocking in 1.9 - Community Poll and Discussion

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by wmn, Dec 20, 2016.

Discussion - Blocking in 1.9 - Community Poll and Discussion
?

What would you do with the blocking mechanic in 1.9+ versions of MineZ?

Poll closed Jan 20, 2017.
Drop it! The shield is bothersome and unnecessary! 50 vote(s) 84.7%
Keep it, blocking is an important mechanic to MineZ! 9 vote(s) 15.3%
  1. wmn Jr. Developer, Builder

XP:
    758,611xp
    I've tried the 1.9 Beta for MineZ, and been bothered by one thing mainly; the way blocking was transferred to 1.9 made me a little upset. When you try to block with your sword in 1.9, a shield pops up in place of the blocked sword (since it was removed in 1.9 versions and beyond). I personally found this shield to be a major nuisance, and it seemed to affect people's knockback in awkward ways, like making someone take zero knockback. I want to know if you, as the community of MineZ, would really care if the idea of blocking in MineZ was completely dropped, in exchange for no form of blocking whatsoever. In my own opinion, I think it would be beneficial, but I want to hear what everyone else has to say. Be sure to vote on the poll, and leave some feedback below.

2. Trails Platinum

XP:
    30,149xp
    One thing in 1.9 I really have no idea I want to do with. Blockhitting is an important mechanic in MineZ PvP, but is it really that important to where we need that huge thing in front of our face the whole time?

Tell us what you want!
    MTrout and wmn like this.
  3. SwineFlu Platinum

XP:
    66,047xp
    The only thing one's missing out on if they remove shields is protection from attacks, which if that worked like vanilla would be tanky and annoying, and if was nerfed, would be the same as blocking right now which isn't used for any thing except for giants and block hitting. Also shields are annoyingly big
    wmn likes this.
  4. wmn Jr. Developer, Builder

XP:
    758,611xp
    Agreed, that's one of my main concerns with the shield-blocking mechanic itself, which should for sure be taken into account by others that are considering the points presented to them
  5. Soularless Platinum

XP:
    158xp
    I want to see the shield as an obtainable item in MineZ 1.9. I believe it should be found in military rare chests and higher-tier military chests.
    Sam_F_, ExoticDots, Aexon and 6 others like this.
  6. wmn Jr. Developer, Builder

XP:
    758,611xp
    That's actually a really neat idea, I hadn't thought of it that way; as long as the shield comes at a lower-than-half or fairly low durability that could be interesting
    Soular likes this.
  7. Soularless Platinum

XP:
    158xp
    Oh, yah! It gives players a goal to earn the ability to block with a shield. Plus, it makes it optional, so people aren't forced to deal with the shield or forced to not have an ability to block. It makes everyone happy
  8. wmn Jr. Developer, Builder

XP:
    758,611xp
    So far the poll is speaking loud and clear for the removal of shields, and thereby the removal of blocking in 1.9+ versions; though the vote is not over! Any feedback on the idea is always welcome!
  9. BIG_SUCK_SUCK_JR Regular Member

XP:
    82,885xp
    WES UR A LIVING HUMAN L
  10. Meifot Gold

XP:
    219,469xp

I would very much like to see shields in chests as opposed either having a shield or not being able to block at all. Giants would be a lot more dangerous without the ability to block. But on the other hand id like to see dual weilding implemented if the offhand will just be empty. Seems kind of a waste to have the useless offhand.
    wmn likes this.
  11. RisingThumb Regular Member

XP:
    96,839xp
    I'm for shields being drops or items you can get from chests, and I'm for the use of stone axes and iron axes being used to disable said shields. Shields should be of similar rarity to sugar such that you can't just find them in southern towns and so that people will often have an axe to utilize in combat.
    Sam_F_, wmn and PromoteTrails like this.
  12. ACrispyTortilla Retired Staff

XP:
    168,126xp
    what if people bring shields to spawntowns and murder everyone?
  13. RisingThumb Regular Member

XP:
    96,839xp
    Work around it. It's like when someone brings a Diamond Sword to a spawn town and starts terrorizing the local leather population
    Aexon likes this.
  14. ACrispyTortilla Retired Staff

XP:
    168,126xp
    kind of depends on how op the shield is, atleast with a dia sword people can still outplay them but if they have a shield they might not be able to even hit them at all.
  15. RisingThumb Regular Member

XP:
    96,839xp
    Outplay them then. Come from above, below, the sides. You need to remember, when you block you can't strike.
  16. ACrispyTortilla Retired Staff

XP:
    168,126xp
    true