1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Before you guys did all those great changes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Ayl, Dec 26, 2015.

Discussion - Before you guys did all those great changes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayl Regular Member

XP:
    20,520xp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woYcRcKajTY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5FzMmXYbvU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5L8o82nIgk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx-VArtVLSg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmm1O2IegoA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcG375YaigI

I could find a lot more but I'm not going to.
    Every single one of these videos is from a different person that used to play MineZ before you decided that it's not fun for you so let's add some changes.
    I don't care who you are, I don't care what position you have on Shotbow, I don't care if you watched all of these but this is what MineZ used to be.
    It was fine, the game didn't need any changes, it just needed active staff to clear the hackers that swarmed in at one point, that's all.
    I don't even know what I want to accomplish with this thread, I just felt like showing what can happen to a server when they don't listen to the player base that don't suck up to them on the forums.
    I don't care if you ban me off the Forums or Blacklist me or whatever you want to do, I've been trying to get my point accros for the past 3 years and it didn't work, maybe this does something.
    -Jojer.
    SDuo, 8noremac, Jered and 3 others like this.

2. j0hh Platinum

XP:
    61,510xp
    True Words from a true mineman. Good Job Jojer and hope that shotbow gonna think about that :^(!
    It all began when they deleted the old Grapple Move!
  3. FireKnight1483 Platinum

XP:
    948,262xp
    Really? I remember several "I'm Quitting" videos from before the update. At least the update brought some of those people back, at least temporarily.
    GeneralWaffle64 and ImbC like this.
  4. FreeCookson Platinum

XP:
    3,771xp
    And tbh pvp would be perfectly fine if iron swords did more damage.
    Rezo_, Elusivity and OneZedArmy like this.
  5. Hangar_Straight Silver

XP:
    77,466xp
    Nice! Now If you don't bring 20 people or a HCF inv you're pretty much dead xd. That's really unfair for the people that play most time solo like me.
  6. ImbC DBV Lead Admin

XP:
    1,337,351xp
    What is your argument? Updating is bad? I'd hate to break it to you but people have always complained about MineZ PvP, even during the precious "old" days which you're trying to hold high on a pedestal. Heck, most of your videos are from early-mid 2014, a time when the demand for more attention the MineZ game itself was at its highest. MineZ was improved then, and will continue to be improved in the future.

People will eventually get bored of Minecraft; that is completely fine, but to shift the blame onto the Shotbow devs is simply the wrong thing to do.
    Bobeu, FireKnight1483 and MTrout like this.
  7. Ayl Regular Member

XP:
    20,520xp
  8. FireKnight1483 Platinum

XP:
    948,262xp
    I hate to break it to you, but MineZ hacking montages have been around for the last 2-3 years. It's not like they just magically appeared when Majicou's Update was released.
    ImbC and MTrout like this.
  9. boogaert Emerald

XP:
    84,545xp
    People will get bored, although some have made it pretty clear that the PvP is a reason they're leaving. Honestly I don't mind the PvP, however the fact the Shotbow made a poll which showed more people wanted squishier PvP, yet have not even made a statement on their intentions, much less any changes is what annoys me
  10. Ayl Regular Member

XP:
    20,520xp
    I hate to break to break it to you, but that's my exact point, they made a huge update and they thought that's good enough for us but people still hack and they still don't seem to care.
    OneZedArmy likes this.
  11. FreeCookson Platinum

XP:
    3,771xp
    Then again dub has been making hacking montages for a long ass time. I don't think he cares about minez whatsoever.
    OneZedArmy likes this.
  12. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    Lets turn down the heat a little, eh?
    Righto, hackers have been a part of minecraft for a very very long time. It is completely untrue however to say that we don't care when they're in our games, why do you think we have so many admins and are constantly looking for more?

Yes, there was a poll on the topic of PvP and people did and still do want squishier PvP. That poll was created by Majicou as he was planning to deal with all that stuff, have you happened to see Majicou around over the past few months? Me neither, he's been active for a short while (this isn't to say he isn't going to come back, do not worry!). So since he's not around to finish what he started with the poll, it didn't get finished.

Recently, that project has been resurfaced by the staff and we've got it on the big to-do list of things we need to get done. PvP will have changes made to it, almost certainly for the better. Meanwhile, /report those hackers and enjoy the game as best you can :wink:
    InstantLightning and MTrout like this.
  13. LastR_Antilles2 Silver

XP:
    21,142xp
    Well you can't hand in an application anywhere at the forums atm...
    If you can tell me any way to do that i'd be glad to apply as player report patrol to help taking care of Haxors :)
    OneZedArmy likes this.
  14. Stroby Platinum

XP:
    156,243xp
    A lot of people are missing the point, PvP is determined by which sword you use, diamond swords slice through people where as iron swords are about as useful as a snowball. The problem is the difference between them giving players with a diamond sword more of an advantage than they should have over a player with an iron sword - fix one one of these, the community has told you to buff iron swords, don't stuff it up.

And FFS can't you just get real and IP hackers, even though IPs can be changed it's going to give them more trouble and push them away from the network.

We know you work hard but you can do better, we've seen it before.
    Jered, Ayl and OneZedArmy like this.
  15. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    The OP and the others who made their helpful comments about PvP sword damage and what needs to be changed have made their point and we're going to be working on it.
    Remember not to get too over excited about your criticism guys :wink:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.