1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Are you supposed to be able to solo this game?

Discussion in 'Slaughter' started by ____J____, Dec 12, 2015.

Are you supposed to be able to solo this game?
  1. __J___ Platinum

XP:
    11,713xp
    Once you get to iron it's hard to die, once you get to diamond it's almost impossible and i'm not that good.

Does this game need a mob buff around level 18 in anyone else opinion, maybe Pigman? That or a super OP boss at level 23, wither at 21, something. I like that it's playable solo and you don't just get wrecked but it should still be challenging. Just spend a day messing around with Slaughter for the first time, thanks for the fun and XP anyway.

~j

[IMG]
    OneTupacArmy likes this.

2. __J___ Platinum

XP:
    11,713xp
    umm... must be accidental racism Friday again, it's necro.. :lmao:

Yeah, some wither skells thrown in at late rounds, followed by Withers being added a bit later even? Dragon may be harder to do on the maps as they are due to the default mechanics, the again could just TP you in the final round to the end arena full of enderman and the dragon. Or reuse some of that giant code out there for a final boss..
    OneZedArmy likes this.
  3. boogaert Emerald

XP:
    84,545xp
    Yeah I made it to somewhere in the 20s and then just quit because it got exhausting to continue playing as I had been playing for a looong time :stuck_out_tongue:

It gets pretty easy at the part, and the rounds just end up lasting forever.
  4. Superbob1000 Retired Staff

XP:
    39,072xp
    Slaughter is supposed to be a team game but I guess it is possible to solo it. I don't know if you're really good or I'm really bad but even playing with a handful of players, I end up very close to death on several occasions! :lmao:

Maybe there should be another mob, like possibly Pigman as you were saying, that only spawns in the area you get diamonds but has really good tracking range and speed to get to you fast.
    ____J____ likes this.
  5. __J___ Platinum

XP:
    11,713xp
    Yeah, would be interesting to see new levels of mobs, I've managed to solo every map except darkness so it is possible if you find all the tricks and spots. don't figure anyone is good enough to do it just running around in the open (least i'm nowhere close). Darkness may be doable but never tried to get to level 23 alone, map is just so small and gear level stays low so creapers are difficult to navigate.
  6. drewko09 Platinum

XP:
    215,895xp
    the beginning is the hardest, personally i would like the to see the mobs get harder, like better stats, instead of having 20 minute rounds. Pretty much impossible to die once you have full diamond.
    noahvr and ____J____ like this.
  7. __J___ Platinum

XP:
    11,713xp
    I have to agree, thee cows are the hardest, once your past them it's just a slow grind.
  8. Kelestami Platinum

XP:
    548,288xp
    It doesn't just have to be new mobs. They could start spawning with random potion particles at round 20 or something.
    I always did think the final round needed a boss of sorts, though.

Is Catacombs still broken? That one was my favorite map.
  9. __J___ Platinum

XP:
    11,713xp
    Yeah, still broken, I've never even played it as i only played Slaughter recently..
  10. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    215,718xp
    They should make it generate waves till you die, so you could be at lets say at wave 60.

So it goes on untill you die. Then they could add a system making the mobs harder or just keep adding more mobs each round and maybe ever 5 or so rounds you would see a wither with special attacks and such, something similar atleast.
    RichRamp likes this.
  11. __J___ Platinum

XP:
    11,713xp
    Simply extending the rounds and adding more mobs forever I don't think would really do it. It would just mean that rounds get really long and boring. The 23rd round already spawns 606 mobs and is still quite easy if your fully geared. They would definitely need to increase the mob damage as things progress somehow. Then they could create a leader board to show who has made it to the highest level..
    Kelestami and RichRamp like this.
  12. Goliac Silver

XP:
    219,781xp
    I think slaughter is good like this
  13. Kelestami Platinum

XP:
    548,288xp
    It's already hard enough to make it through all the rounds before the next server reboot.
    Harder content in a more limited time frame is more realistic due to the time constraints of the server.
    ____J____ and 100PercentHippo like this.
  14. __J___ Platinum

XP:
    11,713xp
    Maybe thinking it's too easy is just me, I've been getting to full diamond and giving it to people. They almost always die in full gear with strength, I can't believe it. I mean how? i've met about 15 people who can do these maps naked and solo if they liked, and about 50 people who can't stay alive in full diamond, it's quite entertaining. :)
    Kelestami likes this.
  15. Rechoke Silver

XP:
    30,364xp

all ping
    Kelestami likes this.
  16. Kelestami Platinum

XP:
    548,288xp
    Try doing this on Thermal Pointe.
    Let me know how many tries it takes.

I'm not sure which maps you've tried or if you've done all of them, but here's a rough difficulty list for the maps from my experience:

Easiest -----> Hardest

Darkness ---> Garden ---> Mines ---> Castle ---> Catacombs (currently broken) ---> Clolk Glade ---> Thermal Pointe

I can solo Darkness with my eyes closed, but Thermal Pointe takes some serious caution and planning, definitely for players like you. Best of all, Thermal Pointe has two completely different routes, so you have to beat it twice to really complete the whole thing.
  17. __J___ Platinum

XP:
    11,713xp
    I have Soloed Thermal point in both directions, took me quite a few tries to figure it out. It's hard to give away diamond in thermal point though, it's quite expensive to get there. It's easier to solo through the bunker than through the Ore station IMO after I found a way to stay in one spot till level 11 then go straight to the iron room and up ladder stairs to the Diamond room in one go without buying any armor or pots. Via the Ore station, not as easy, does take more caution and staging the way I've done it.

Darkness I've gotten everything opened but never set there through level 23, it gets boring fast so I usually just quit.

I find Mines easier than Garden for some reason, but yeah both about the same level. Catacombs, never played while it worked. :(

Clock glade took me the longest to solo if I'm honest, may be because it seems like not many people play it so took a while to get to know it.[/quote]
    Kelestami likes this.
  18. Kelestami Platinum

XP:
    548,288xp
    I hope you get to play Catacombs.
    It's like a slightly harder, creepier version of Garden with more secrets and hidden things than any other map.
    ____J____ likes this.
  19. BeastyClaws Regular Member

XP:
    14,161xp
    Yeah. More mobs have a lot of disadvantages:
    -606 mobs dont matter. Only the first half of it is fun
    -After you reach 10 mobs or something, some spiders and endermen will start hiding and go to places they're not meant to be in.
    -Also, some mobs are scared to go out of their spawn.