1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion April - Mine Theft Auto Bugs & Feedback

Discussion in 'Mine Theft Auto' started by PokeTheEye, Apr 2, 2016.

Discussion - April - Mine Theft Auto Bugs & Feedback
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PokeTheEye Retired Staff

XP:
    267,086xp
    [IMG]
    Yo what's up homie!
    How's life going for you bro? We're doing great! We made tons and tons of progress towards MTA 1.9, including new features!

Every month we're going to release a 'Feedback' thread where we're going to ask for the community's feedback!

What we want from you
    You guys can leave a comment below regarding the following subjects:

1. Bugs - When you encounter a bug in MTA, please report this bug as soon as possible by sending a bug report clicking here. Try to explain the bug as detailed as possible so we can recreate the bug and resolve it. It is strongly recommended to also post screenshots or videos to make it easier for us to understand the bug. If the bug can be used to take advantage or if the bug is game-breaking, send Bjarn ,PokeDexLight (me)or storm345 a private message so we know about the situation.
    2. Balance issues - If you find any issues regarding the balancing of guns, projectiles, cars, planes, loot chests or kits, please report these to us and we'll find a solution.
    3. Feature suggestions - Your voice is important to us! If you've got an awesome idea, please share it with us and we'll add it to the game, maybe!

Known (confirmed) bugs & what we're working on
    Fixed -Being worked on - Queued
    Bugs
    • 1.9: 'Action Bar' above hot bar, previously used for objectives, etc..., is now used for off-hand gun item name and ammo status.
    • 1.9: Objectives have been moved to the boss bar at the top of the screen.
    • 1.9: Chat system has changed to fit the rest of the network better. Channels were removed, but some functionality has been improved.
    • 1.9: Grenades can be dual wielded
    • 1.9: In missions such as car racing, death match, etc.. getting wanted has been disabled
    • 1.9: Jetpacks no-longer negate fall damage unless you're flying
    • 1.9: Melee weapons have proper cooldowns between hits, wieldable in main hand only
    • 1.9: Rebalance guns based on feedback significantly
    • 1.9: Some guns support being dual wielded.
    • 1.9: Stealing cars during races has been disabled
    • 1.9: Updated MTA Resource pack to 1.9 (Not uploaded anywhere yet)
    • 1.9: You can now PM players across different MTA servers with a handy 'click on message to reply' and '/reply <msg>' feature!
    • 1.9: You can now use '/ignore <Name>' to ignore a player
    • Losing your backpack
    • Barrier holes/Barrier holes (both fixed and being worked on)
    Coming up
    • Mine Theft Auto update for Minecraft 1.9
    • More tweaks and improvements based on feedback
    • Official Mine Theft Auto trailer!

Mine Theft Auto Update for Minecraft 1.9
    Minecraft 1.9 has been released on the 29th of February and gives us the ability to create very awesome features using the new features the Minecraft 'Combat Update' gives us! (hint: it'll include dual-wield guns!)
    Stay tuned, you don’t want to miss this!

Mine Theft Auto Build Team
    Do you think you're a very good builder? Then we probably need you! Please take a look at
    this thread for more information on builder applications.

We're excited to hear your feedback! Complain, share some awesome ideas or report (game-breaking) bugs, we're listening!

Thanks again, and have fun playing Mine Theft Auto!

This thread will close on April 10th. Please post your feedback as soon as possible, so we can review, and work on your feedback!
    Coolfood and vampire_toothy like this.

2. Axyy Network Co-Lead

XP:
    330,038xp
    Great! :)
  3. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    I really like the upgrade. Specially the "Rebalance guns based of feedback" is really cool. I waited for it for long times. :) Also the jetpack nerf is good. It makes jetpacks less OP since they are abused in any way for example for boosting. The dual wielding of handguns will be cool, but I hope the SMGs wont be dual wielded. If they dont get nerfed a dual wielded SMG is ways too OP. I hope the grenades are less buggy since I could easyly kill level 80+ players on US with it with level 5. Dual wielded,buggy grenades would ruin the game!
    Thank you for this gamemode its just amazing. Ill play it more activ again in the future if the gun balancing is fair! :)
  4. storm345 Retired Staff

XP:
    632,098xp
    Gun dual wielding blocks SMGs in second hand yes. What is wrong with guns currently in your opinion? (Ik there is stuff wrong, i just want to get your thoughts on it). As for grenades, what is 'buggy' about those currently? No grenade bugs have been reported via the bug report system. (All bugs should be reported through that system, sincd it notifies me and forum posts dont)
  5. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    For the buggy grenades ill test it later if its still working ill report it. I already have a rec. And about guns I already posted in almost every thread in the forum where I could :). The point is just: higher level guns are worse than lower level guns. Example: Sawnoff shoots really fast (too fast) and deal much damage compared to bullpup. Bullpup deals high damage but is years too slow. It should be one of best guns because its the last shotgun but is just the worst one...
  6. Haliitti Regular Member

XP:
    11,134xp
    I would hope that there would be added more houses in the mid price range like 150k money BUT only 5-10k shotbow xp. Becouse the 30k xp needed for many of the expensive houses is REALLY much.
  7. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    It isn't. More expensive houses=more chests=more data to store for shotbow=more costs to host shotbow... and how they should pay the costs if theres no need for their xp? 150k isn't much to get for like 10+ double chests of storage for lifetime what means if you dont play MTA in [any number] months anymore shotbow will still store the data... Maybe in 10 years, if shotbow still exists then they will still have to store your 10 double chests of storage. If you want many chests for less xp get the rented houses... theyre cheap anyways. The most expensive is a pent house near fire depot with its redicoulus 60k/week... idk maybe a bug or a sad joke. But chework palace is 1.7k/week for 10 double chests and ebdless hoppers. Its the best house you can get. I mean 1.7k is just nothing. Sell 2 grenade launchers per week and its yours. With the 150k you can live in G2/G4 a few years.
  8. StealthMacaw Regular Member

XP:
    40,817xp
    Are sawn offs still better/the-same as combat shotguns? They are pretty much equal in everything apart from the fact combat shotgun takes time to unlock.

Also don't spose you could re-texture elytras into handgliders? That would be amazing flying through the city! :wink:
  9. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    I would like hanggliders. Much better than jetpacks.! :stuck_out_tongue:
    Jetpack=Get on a building
    Parachute=Get down from a building without all damage
    Hangglider=Travel over distances from a building ...but more expensive than parachute
    Parkoor boots=Coolness :)
    Helicopter= Escape cops but boring
    Plane=Good way to suicide into your friends (or not :) )
    ...( I already killed a full dia enemy with only one hydra in inventory)

Combat shotgun is a slower but much more damage (I think its 170% of sawnoff damage)
    Theyre almost equals. Combat shotgun is a bit to OP for level 55... but sawnoff is endless broken OP of doom!!! :)
    StealthMacaw likes this.
  10. TheTreePuncher98 Regular Member

XP:
    14,387xp
    I dont know if anyone else has noticed this but I feel like a maxed 9mm does a really hefty amount of damage for it being a pistol that you can essentially get a maxed version of at level 1 (Obviously this is an extreme case, but I have seen many 10-20s with them). I feel like a slight nerf to the 9mm, both versions, would still leave the weapons as a viable choice but also make it not quite as strong up against a player with stronger rifles and shotguns. Anyways, here are a couple more monthly suggestions that dont have to do with damage balancing:

- A leaderboard system for MTA that shows statistics for the top players. A few ideas of possible leaderboards are; Highest MTA Levels, Highest (Insert Skill, i.e. Combat) Level, Most Vigilante Points, Furthest Distance Travelled (This would start from 0 meters as of the time this is implemented, unless you have this statistic somewhere in your logs), Highest Balances (essentially a /baltop but in leaderboard format), Highest Bounties (Current), and any others that the developer of this may think of. This will not have any direct effect on in game player, rather something provided to those interested in seeing who the top players are.

- Expansion! Now before you yell at me for begging for more content, I just want to provide a few possible ideas for future map expansions. I'm definitely not rushing you to push out a map expansion, as I am sure you are all hard at work doing so and are also busy with many other things; however, I do have a few ideas of regions that could later be implemented into the map.
    1. Mountain Villa/Ruins - I would love to see some sort of villa outside the big city located on a mountain that contains tunnel passes between houses and lots of secret areas. These tunnels could lead to some sort of hollowed out underground area that houses an ancient city, almost like the above ground villa was built on top of the buried city. To incorporate it into the modern day theme of the game mode, you could set up the area as a 'tourist destination', therefor eliminating the concern of it not being feasible based on the era. Modern era luxury houses above ground would be purchasable with perhaps a gang house in the ruins underneath.
    2. Heavily Industrial District - It would be awesome if somewhere in the city, possibly on the other side of the highway east of the train station, there could be a district that is designed with the idea of industry in mind. This could open the door to a lot of cool possibilities such as exploring buildings that are designed to look as if they were 'in construction', battling it out on the steel beams of a buildings frame, parkouring across large construction equipment such as cranes or even a gang house inside the remains of an abandoned nuclear reactor! This would fit in well, giving attention to people who like playing in the big city and bringing some more unique areas to the world.

Well, that's all I have for now! Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into the server, making it fair, unique and enjoyable! I also really appreciate having a staff team that will listen to the community's feedback on a regular basis and improve around it! You guys rock!
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  11. StealthMacaw Regular Member

XP:
    40,817xp
    Think of the poor cops who can ONLY use pistols :(
  12. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    I like the leaderboard. ThenI could read there my sweet name allthe time ;P
    About 9mm ... its just again higher level guns (of same type) are worse than lower level guns. Nerf 9mm and buff any other gun like AP pistol and SNS pistol.
    I really would like the industy district specially the abadonned nuclear reactor ;P
    ...but a mountain would make the city too big. Youll never would find a player to fight...
  13. Haliitti Regular Member

XP:
    11,134xp
    Funniest thing is that I have had that penthouse for 2 weeks :lmao:. I'm going to get rid of it soon, but is is just so good looking inside. I'm not going to need like 10 large chests so a smaller house is not a problem. The thing is you might think I am dumb, but I care more how the house looks rather than how useful it is. And I hate the furnishing in Chevrok palace. I wanted those mid range houses not because of the chest space but that I could have a luxury house with reasonable price.
  14. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    Oh, I think S3 is a good choice then. Its the big building near Venetian Condos. Endless big and really luxury. I thibk its 1.6k/week. Many chests. And just really cool. I loved it when I had it :)
  15. Haliitti Regular Member

XP:
    11,134xp
    I Actually mixed up the S3 building and Shervok palace. Shevrok palace is quite nice and I'll consider it
  16. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    If you like a house more than an apartment you could buy the medium hiuses next to stadium or look a bit around in the grove street :)
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  17. Haliitti Regular Member

XP:
    11,134xp
    I have checked EVERY single house and apartment in the whole map and I haven't liked any of the houses. They were all missing televisions kitchens and bahtrooms. Right now my options are Northern Eclipse Hotel middle room, Galanda Palace first floor, Possibly Venetian Condons or R1
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  18. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    R1 wont make you happy. Its just 2 rooms filled with chests.
  19. Haliitti Regular Member

XP:
    11,134xp
    I bought Galanda Palaces first floor room. It was different compared to the upper floors. Much higher ceiling and more room to walk. Also giant windows.
  20. Saaber Platinum

XP:
    112,419xp
    • I definitely like TheTreePuncher98's idea of leader boards for MTA; they would give some of us higher-level players a little more competition after having pretty much all the guns unlocked and nothing else to do ;p. I think it would be cool, though, if there was some sort of reward (whether it be in money or Shotbow XP, the choice is up to you) for the first through third-place winners to keep competition going.
    • In one of the forums I had suggested an MTA Hunger Games weekly activity that I think would be an interesting add to the game, plus I've asked around and several people like the idea of it. If you haven't seen it, the link is here: https://shotbow.net/forum/threads/mta-hunger-games.343141/
    • I really would like to see some bigger houses/apartments to buy at reasonable prices. Either that or the ability to decorate the interior of your own homes, because I think that would not only be really cool, but also a way for us to show off our creativity through our decorating. There could be new furniture stores to buy furniture items and/or decorative blocks in. Also, there could be a max limit to the chests able to be placed in a house so players don't go overboard, and maybe they could pay XP/money to upgrade that chest amount :stuck_out_tongue:
    • I definitely agree with other players when I say the SMG is pretty OP. It's a fast gun for low-level players and to be entirely honest it's the reason level fifteen players can take out level one hundred players. So, I say either to nerf the speed of the gun or to make the level requirement to aim it a little higher.
    • I would love to see some new guns, especially higher-level ones. Since more and more people are reaching the top levels these days, it's important to add some new material for them to strive for... and some ideas I have for this are the telephoto rifle, stun gun (a high-level required gun that would work similar to a cop's tazer in freezing players who are shot by it for a set time), bullpup rifle, musket, more LMG guns, and a poison dart gun that could poison players. Those are just a few ideas off the top of my head, but I'm sure I could come up with more later.
    • I really want /pay back...
    • I definitely want to see a map update soon :) I will come up with ideas of content for it later.
    • Gang alliances and/or a friend list where you can friend players.
    • More classes of leadership in gangs.
    • I think cops should be able to wear diamond armor and use more guns so they actually have a chance at taking down diamond-armored criminals.
    • Wounds (examples: broken bones, bleeding, infections) that have a certain percentage of occurring during a battle and require medicine/treatment to resolve, each wound having negative effects on a player until they are treated.
    • Combat MG and M4 should deal more damage.
    • Different levels of crims based on the number of murders and/or vigilant points, just like how cops have different levels (general, co-general, etc.) for their arrests.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.