1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Guide Anti-Team Tactics

Discussion in 'SMASH' started by Suoermario, Feb 7, 2014.

Guide - Anti-Team Tactics
  1. Suoermario Emerald

XP:
    30,202xp
    [Anti-Team Tactics]

By: Suoermario

We have all encountered a team of players in SMASH, whether it was in a ranked match or not. We all know how annoying and cocky the teams usually are! In this guide, I'm going to tell you how to combat teams as a solo player!

Just a warning: I don't like to take forever formatting my guides; I just go with simple formatting. :)

What is teaming?

A team is a group of two or three players who don't attack one another at all. If someone's going for you instead of someone else, they aren't necessarily teaming on you; you probably just have a yellow/red name. You might also be defenseless (no weapon.)

Tactics:

Evasion: If you really don't want to tussle with a team (I don't blame you; outnumbered fights are hard to fight in SMASH!), just avoid them. I will be showing tricks on how to avoid people well at a later date. Once I have shown it, I will update this guide.

Participation: If you're feeling up to a challenge, just take them on! This is the main tactic I use. If you are more skilled than them (whether at PvP or at SMASH in general), stay and fight! I prefer to target one player of the team when I'm outnumbered; it makes it easier to focus!

Camping: If it really comes down to the worst possible scenario, just do it. We all hate the people who camp in a fair game, but remember, this isn't really a fair game, is it? Camping is hiding in a location that is either hard to get to, or is easily defend-able. A great example of this is on Swamp. You know on top of the tree in the middle? Yeah, that's a great camping spot. Remember: don't camp the whole game, only camp until the other person in the game has either died or gotten the team up to higher damage levels!

Precision: Be accurate with your attacks. Be sure to aim strongly with your bow, rocket launcher, fire-flower, and even your punches. Aim around the chest of your opponent when you punch. Remember to jump when you attack, you'll get critical hits (they do more damage in SMASH, 1.5x the normal damage!)

Patience: If one of the enemies has a damage above 50% (yellow or red name), time your attacks precisely. If you hit them as they are jumping, they'll get knocked back significantly farther than they would if they were on the ground.

Spawn-Boxing: Use the box around the spawn room to your advantage. If someone has a jet-pack or an awesome soup, smash them into the box! They'll get instantly killed! You can throw or punch them too, but it's much harder to time accurately.

Thank you for reading my guide! If you have any suggestions of tactics or feedback, please say so below! :)

2. AgentChicken007 Platinum

XP:
    184,537xp
    Someone needs to make a thread like this for clans in Annihilation...

Nonetheless, great thread!
  3. AlexDest Silver

XP:
    61,617xp
  4. dhiguchi Silver

XP:
    13,962xp
    It's called run grab a rocket launcher or any other op item and watch em fly
  5. Beanylord Gold

XP:
    16,209xp
    If all players were still alive, and you 100% KNEW people were teaming, you could ask the other person to team with you (Unless its a 3v1)
  6. coryn123 Platinum

XP:
    8,140xp
    Suoer change your siggy!
  7. Evilbanana5757 Platinum

XP:
    2,523xp
    Make sure to add that if there are two people who are obviously teaming, you can make a temporary alliance with the fourth player in order to fight them :3
  8. Suoermario Emerald

XP:
    30,202xp
    I did. It's too big. :stuck_out_tongue:
  9. coryn123 Platinum

XP:
    8,140xp
    Get the other one i posted :stuck_out_tongue:
  10. Hughzaz Retired Staff

XP:
    467,945xp
    Hmm, might have to try that one at a time idea... :3

Thankz!
  11. Kirschbaumer Regular Member

XP:
    158,727xp
    You should watch out with jumping, you don't want a player to hit you when you are in the air. Those extra 2% are not worth it in my opinion.
  12. Suoermario Emerald

XP:
    30,202xp
    I meant when you're both low damage wise.
  13. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    I got some tricks:

Demoman-ing: Explosive items are pretty useful to cause tons of damage that may affect many players. From a simple frag to a Rocket Launcher, every bomb should do the job!

Hungry Scavenger: Items can give you great advantages, same applies to the enemies. Dont let them get great advantages and hog all of'em.

Split-up: Grab and throw one of them away, always make sure you can prevent them from attacking you all at once.
  14. SkeletonXF238 Regular Member

XP:
    44,303xp
    The current ones seem too generic

• Try focusing a single member of the team to bring them out the game rather than taking a life of each team member
    • Try getting kill advantage then camping to win by time out
    • Try running till the team splits up and just play with guerilla tactics the whole match (works better in some maps than others)
  15. Moquito35 Regular Member

XP:
    18,032xp
    Sticky please.