1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other *Announcement* Using the Fire Trial room for 5k is now bannable.

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by InstantLightning, Dec 31, 2016.

Other - *Announcement* Using the Fire Trial room for 5k is now bannable.
  1. InstantLightning Jr. Developer, Web Mod Lead

XP:
    384,964xp
    Hello everyone! It has become an issue that in Shrine of the Dusk there is a way players can farm 5k. While this has been an issue for a while, it has caused an unbearable amount of lag on the servers. The staff team has allowed it previously, but due to how much lag the bug has caused, we will not be allowing any further instances of it. Thankfully the issue is fixed on 1.9, but in the meantime before the update, it will not be allowed. Users caught abusing this bug will receive a ban and may receive an xp penalty.

2. Soularless Platinum

XP:
    158xp
    I respect your decision to do this, but I'm curious how you actually plan to enforce this? If there are no staff online, is there a way to check if this room has been used even after the user has left? Also, let's say a player used this room despite your warning. Would the resulting ban be permanent and to what degree would the XP penalty be enforced? Would all the XP obtained from the 5K be taken away or would even more than that be taken?
    Forblaze likes this.
  3. ACrispyTortilla Retired Staff

XP:
    170,292xp
    oh my thats rather drastic, but i don't see any other way to fix it until 1.9 comes out so... happy banning?
    TiltedKoala likes this.
  4. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    I've already done 5k by lets say another method...
    Xhat likes this.
  5. wmn Jr. Developer, Builder

XP:
    758,611xp
    There's still more places to do 5k, but there'll never be a better place ever again

#rip5k
    TiltedKoala likes this.
  6. Talef Platinum

XP:
    274,984xp
    People caught doing this will get a warning first, right?
  7. Low_Ping Platinum

XP:
    204,736xp
    Thank god I just did my 5k bow kills there before this. Worth that grapple not gonna lie.
    JTGangsterLP6 likes this.
  8. RisingThumb Regular Member

XP:
    96,839xp
    >How MineZ admins plan to fix the bugs in their game.
    >By leaving them in the game.
    >And banning anyone who uses them.

What next? You gonna ban the use of Devil's respite to farm legendaries? Gonna ban the ability to farm dungeon outs for very easy loot in many dungeons? What about all the other places that can be used for spawning lots of zombies like Aeternalis Crypt and Roseluck crypt? Gonna ban people who use those too? They are an abuse of bugs and I know plenty of people who have used them, friend and enemy alike.I understand the logic behind this. There are plenty of other places to spawn zombies directly, and it ain't too hard to farm them(or break the server) this way. If you plan to make this a permanent rule then at least make this rule apply to all other places which you can do the same process

Another problem is how difficult this is to enforce and the fact that there is bias in the admin ranks which will lead to some admins turning a blind eye to their friends who will continue to use this bug. Overall, this is a very inconsistent, drastic and ridiculous move to take. Perhaps you should *ahem* fix this bug in the current live version of the game, rather than constantly say "Oh it'll be fixed in the next version" when there has been no update to the game in over a year., and continues to be little-to no publicly announced information regarding the update.

If you do proceed to enforce this rule then do know it'll be very difficult to enforce and that there is plenty of other places to do exactly the same thing by directly spawning zombies or pigmen.
    oliv111, Rixhack, Braiti and 3 others like this.
  9. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    Time to suicide in ghost ship to farm bow kills.
    And if you are going to ban any player you see in fire trial, good luck as many people are not active on the forum, and will probably not know about what you posted here.
    oliv111, YaBoiCGally and SplashQuota like this.
  10. Sycept Gold

XP:
    22,800xp
    Glad i did 5k, and farmed for my grapple beforehand! Pi is right tho, gonna be hard to enfore this, lots of people do not use the forums.
    SplashQuota and TiltedKoala like this.
  11. Ad_mira Platinum

XP:
    22,950xp
    good job admin
  12. Lomrun Platinum

XP:
    209,777xp
    I don't really get why you call this a 'bug'. It is intended for the room to spawn zombies when you fail the trial in time. So by purposely losing the trial isn't considered a bug.

Also the reason why you ban it, is because it causes 'lag'. It already has been stated if you don't spawn to many it won't be any problem. The only reason you ban this, is because of 'lag'. But I know allot of other dungeons where you can purposely 'lose' the trial to spawn many zombies. I know a other dungeon where I can easily spawn 1000 zombies in 30 seconds. Would that dungeon be allowed then? Since its not the fire trial room?!?

Edit: there are tons of other locations where you are able to spawn many zombies. Why would only one location be banned since its popular? Using the excuse of lag isn't a valid one. Or else it would mean peopel aren't allowed to dungeon anymore.
    TiltedKoala likes this.
  13. ACrispyTortilla Retired Staff

XP:
    170,292xp
    mainly the reason they are banning it is because people (not calling any names, but you know who you are...) are using the fire trial to spawn thousands upon thousands of zombies, not even killing them.
  14. Lomrun Platinum

XP:
    209,777xp
    @yahlikejazz

Well if they are going to enforce this. It would mean they need admins checking on people. So why can't they ban the people who spawn 2k zombies, instead the other who don't spawn to many and actually kill them xd?
  15. ACrispyTortilla Retired Staff

XP:
    170,292xp
    the only way they could enforce this is to have admins 24/7 at the fire trial room (not being able to do their job)
    the only real way to fix this is to update to 1.9 but we all know thats far away
  16. Lomrun Platinum

XP:
    209,777xp
    @yahlikejazz

Well only 1 group (often 1 farmer) can go in SOTD every reboot per server. Plus the zombies despawn when the player leaves. Meaning they only would need to check when a server starts to lagging, and only onces per server.

Also people who don't cause lag won't ever be specated by the mods then. Since there wouldn't be any reason for the mods to spectate. Which means only server crashers will be caught. Which is basicly the same rules before this forum.

So the only function this would have, is being a scare tactic against server crasherse then.
  17. durkioo Platinum

XP:
    46,154xp
    im just wondering what kind of ban are we talking about
  18. FreeCookson Platinum

XP:
    3,771xp
    How about just kick people who spawn so many zombies that it lags out the server? Banning is a bit absurd.
    Chibotle and Meme_MC like this.
  19. SplashQuota Gold

XP:
    9,700xp
    Well rip 5k
    DerpyPlayz likes this.
  20. Lomrun Platinum

XP:
    209,777xp
    The title of the OP is also kind of oddly build. You aren't allowed it to use it for 5k. So doing any other achievements is allowed then? I know its Obvious, but it isn't clearly stated what is or what is not allowed.

I know they want to prevent lag, and thinking this is a solution. But the server crashers people just move to another dungeon where they can spawn tons of zombies. Doing this won't solve the problem, and will just punish people who want to use the room without making the server lag.

The anouncement should be called: Spawning to many zombies on purpose will result in a ban. In any location.

This would still have a grey area of how many zombies is to many. So I would suggest having the OP saying a max number of entities allowed being in a room. For example max 300.

Having a limit on entities, will prevent people going overboard when farming. And this also makes the server crashers more noticeable. Afterall, they want to get rid of the crashers and not the supportive players do they? Or am I wrong?