1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Annihilation/shotbow is dead we need 1.7

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by U4R1A, Mar 5, 2019.

Suggestion - Annihilation/shotbow is dead we need 1.7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. U4R1A Regular Member

XP:
    11,394xp
    Playing this game is garbage when it comes to pvp. It’s so slow and clunky and I don’t really understand why shotbow ever thought updating to 1.9. Pvp is the core of the game and if you’re going to ruin that by updating, it’s no surprise that your server goes from on average having over a thousand players to only a few hundred. If anyone actually loves this game and wants the server and Nani community to grow this is the best option at this point.
    cokc and connormaxx like this.

2. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    In addition we have made updated the combat to be much closer to 1.8 and the response so far has been pretty positive. We will continue to take tweaks from MineZ and apply them to Anni where appropriate.

We're still updating the gamemode with class balances and tweaks coming soon along with the plethora of other updates we've done for the gamemode and the community.

We love Annihilation - that is why we are still working on it.
    Celariel and HyuYou like this.
  3. U4R1A Regular Member

XP:
    11,394xp
    A Spanish crack server runs annihilation better than shotbow on 1.7.10 maybe devs should have prioritized what the players actually wanted instead of putting in stuff their dedicated player base didn’t ask for. How can you say you love this game when everyday players continue to leave.
    connormaxx likes this.
  4. connormaxx Regular Member

XP:
    4,634xp
    Why cant Shotbow run 1.8x - 1.12x? Alot of other major servers have done so...
  5. U4R1A Regular Member

XP:
    11,394xp
    1.8 is decent but it’s hitreg feels a lot worse. The later versions are complete Garbo. Other servers with tens of thousands of players can afford to update especially when most of their game modes aren’t built around melee pvp. Shotbow used to be a lot bigger but once the golden age of saunders’ updates there was quite a wait before anything got added to the game and along with updating to 1.8, people found the game to be a lot more stale and left to other servers that didn’t update to 1.7 yet. Pvp is the core of annihilation. It’s not how many classes they add, and it’s not how many special abilities there are. Once you ruin the pvp you ruin annihilation and I’m just hoping it’ll be fixed for the games sake.
  6. connormaxx Regular Member

XP:
    4,634xp
    I agree. The entire game is about PvP. Even while the game was stale people still stuck around to play because of the pvp.
  7. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    51,087xp
    You know, people left due to people like you U4R1A. You couldn't adapt so you protested. You convinced people to leave and attack the devs in an attempt to get what you want. If we were all like you this server wouldn't exist anymore. The only reason it still exists is due to the people who are willing to cope with change. Adapt or die.

PS: You are an Owen
  8. Slaystyle Platinum

XP:
    2,909,485xp
  9. connormaxx Regular Member

XP:
    4,634xp
    Its not his fault. The forums are here to express your opinion. When Shotbow updated they lost major media creators that resulted in the downfull of the playercount, aswell as the crappy 1.9 combat system.
  10. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    51,087xp
    I know that just I don't listen to the naysayers.
  11. U4R1A Regular Member

XP:
    11,394xp
    lmao you're funny. If you still call what shotbow is currently running on their server 'annihilation' that's hilarious. People like me were most of anni's playerbase and shotbow took us for granted. You say we didn't adapt but we adapted more than anyone else, we chose to play on better servers that actually listen to their players instead of watching devs kill a game we love.
  12. IncognitoSausage Platinum

XP:
    197,661xp

I think you're getting a bit emotionally invested here, how about we just end and close this thread here and now.

Everyone is a little heart broken and every has the right to express this but lets not let get out of hand.

:heart:
  13. U4R1A Regular Member

XP:
    11,394xp
    Beta males be like
    connormaxx likes this.
  14. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    51,087xp
    I haven't found a hacker in years! Some classes wouldn't exist without 1.9.
  15. Tozzu Platinum

XP:
    46,535xp
    So you havent played in years?
  16. U4R1A Regular Member

XP:
    11,394xp
    I rather have no classes but game have a game that isnt cancer to play. can they really not just convert anni servers to older version of 1.7 from a few years ago? if they save the builds then they should just do that.
    connormaxx likes this.
  17. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Okay this thread is going nowhere. As stated before we are not reverting to 1.7, period. We will always look to improve the PvP in Anni. The latest changes from MineZ are being ported to Annihilation for this upcoming spring update.

Locked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.