1. We are currently offline because we are rolling out a new system to help us defend against attackers. We apologize for the inconvenience and are thankful for your understanding.

2. At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.

If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.

3. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Annihilation Queue Suggestion

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by cylnc, Mar 15, 2019.

Suggestion - Annihilation Queue Suggestion
  1. cylnc Regular Member

XP:
    12,214xp
    PROBLEM

There are issues with players standing in lobby for the entirety of the first and second phase, as they only
    wish to join a winning team. This is likely due to a particularly skilled player being in one team -
    so players decide to wait. This causes a huge disadvantage for team counts in the beginning of the game where
    its crucial that teams have numbers to defend against rushes or mine resources.

SOLUTION

Around the ending of phase 2 (1 - 2 minutes) players will be pushed towards a random team. This will be entirely random regardless of strength and nexus health. The existing queue system won't be changed, but only after the majority of the beginning phases have ended will players be pushed towards a team. It aims to balance teams out!. So really its an additional feature!

This solution aims to discourage team piggybacking, and encourage players to join a team early.

• I think it is fair team players as they have enough time to wait in the queue to join a buddy (phase 1 and most of phase 2)
    • I also believe its fair for premium players to have the ability to opt out of this system
    Questions

What if I join the game lobby whilst the phase 2 push system is on? What if the team loses at that very moment?

The player who joins will be pushed towards a random team (Unless you are a premium player) regardless if the team is about to lose or being attacked

Sounds mean, but it will work at a psychological level. Players will know that phase 2 has a push system but they wont be able to tell if its in effect when they join the lobby in phase 2. This will encourage players to join in phase 1, or join the game ASAP!

Wont this affect balance?

Not really, when you think about it phase 3 is when new players are entirely excluded from the game. Having a small window to push everyone into game-play will ensure plenty of minecraftian troops are defending that big ol' shiny nexus.

I hope this idea sparks an even better idea! THANKS FOR READING!
    Jarool and _Swipe like this.

2. Jarool Emerald

XP:
    411,313xp
    It's definitely a problem and this seems like one good solution. Would make premium more valuable too!
    _Swipe likes this.
  3. Snurkle Platinum

XP:
    46,192xp
    While I disagree that the current queue system needs to be changed, I can respect the way you posted this and the attention to detail put into it. You were careful to make sure that your suggestion would work well with the current system and wouldn't require redoing the entire system. Also, you addressed the issue in a way that made it clear you wanted change, but didn't make accusations or shame people in the process. The reason i'm mentioning this is because you are one of the few people who do it right. :stuck_out_tongue:
  4. Gizedach Regular Member

XP:
    39,927xp
    One suggestion I would add is that players get 30 seconds after entering the lobby to choose a team before the random assign hits. This means that they do still have a chance to join the colour they want, and it wont negate the usefulness of the system either since they likely won't be able to get into a queue'd up team in time. It's also useful because when people join from the hub, they don't initially know what stage the game is on so there's no way of knowing whether or not the random assign feature is activated yet.