1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Event Annihilation Event - XP Race!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by JACOBSMILE, Feb 4, 2016.

Event - Annihilation Event - XP Race!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACOBSMILE Jr. Developer

XP:
    245,865xp

[IMG]Introduction[IMG]
    Hello Everyone! Today, we are going to try something a bit new. In the past, we have seen several amazing things come out of this community, and we wanted to put that skill and teamwork into an event that you can win! Please do note, this is my first time running an event like this, so please go easy on me! Anyways, I know you're not here to listen to me ramble on, you are here to know what the event is. So lets get right into that.

[IMG]Event Details[IMG]
    The details! So when you first looked at the title, you probably guess what I mean by "XP Race". Well first off, it's not a good title, I know it's not. No need to tell me.

The goal of this challenge is to simply gain as much in-game XP as possible. In-game as in XP you use for enchanting, not Shotbow XP. Don't get those confused! This means you must collect XP either by Mining (recommended) or by other means, like shoveling gravel, or even placing builder's blocks. Use of the Enchanter Class is allowed, therefore if you want to gain XP faster, I would advise doing that. You must show us through video your largest stash of XP at one time. If you somehow lose your XP, your "Grand Total" will amount to how much you had before you lost it. If you exceed your original amount following a death or something of the sort, then you can take the new total. Basically, I am only interested to see how much XP you can get at one time. Spending the XP to enchant will count as deduction.

[IMG]Rules[IMG]
    You MUST record yourself gaining the XP. Screenshots do not work. The videos must remain uncut and start
    when you join the server, and end when the game ends, or when you leave. You are allowed to speed up the video, but do not cut out anything.

Please keep comments in this post on-topic. You are allowed to just post, and not enter in the contest, but if posts are off-topic, they will be removed with no hesitation.

Andorra is BANNED from this event due to the excessive amounts of ores.

Other Players are allowed to help you stay alive, and keep enemies away from you.

All Shotbow Rules obviously need to be followed during this event. (AND ALWAYS!)

Having fun is required. If you don't, you are disqualified.

Intentionally prolonging a game is prohibited. I am only looking for how much XP you can gain in a normal game. Not how long you can stalemate a game.

8v8 Competitive Games are not to be used for XP farming.

ALL POSTS must meet the required format listed below. Otherwise, that post will be void.

Usage of Alternate Accounts to gain an advantage will result in disqualification.

Annihilation Sandbox Games do not count for this event.

USAGE OF THE XP WILL INFACT ACT AS IF YOU LOST IT. THIS EVENT IS STRICTLY TO SHOW OFF THE LARGEST AMOUNT HAVE AT ONE TIME.
    [IMG]Tips & Tricks[IMG]

I would suggest having a group help you in gaining the XP. While it isn't obviously required, mine-rushers can ruin your day, very fast.

You also may consider studying each map and finding out which one will work the best for gaining XP. There are no map restrictions, other than Andorra being banned from the event.

Try and get as much XP as you can before the game ends. With any luck, you can get a long match and end up cashing in a large amount.
    [IMG]Post Format[IMG]

Name:
    Date of Completion:
    Server Region:
    Map:
    XP Grand Total:
    Video (Be sure to follow requirements for the video!):
    Short Summary of your strategy (Optional, but would be appreciated):

Submissions can be PRIVATE MESSAGED to me if you wish. Conversation title should be "XP Race Entry (your username)".
    [IMG]Prizes[IMG]

What would an event be without a prize at the end of the rainbow? Below is a breakdown for what you could win!

1st Place: Gold Rank OR 550,000 Shotbow XP

2nd Place: Silver Rank OR 250,000 Shotbow XP

3rd Place: Basic Rank OR 100,000 Shotbow XP

The winning people can choose if they want to keep the prize for themselves, or give it to another username. Winning users will be contacted on the forums via private message by me.

[IMG]Leaderboards[IMG]

1st Place: gogbe - 102 Levels
    2nd Place: BalrogOfMorgoth_ - 74 Levels
    3rd Place: Corrrin - 69 Levels

Last Updated: 2/5/2015 at 5:26PM CST

EVENT CLOSES MARCH 1ST AT 12:00 PM CST.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THOSE WHO ENTER!

2. Darth_Bachious Retired Staff

XP:
    113,025xp
    looks funny.
    Tonkotsuramen921 likes this.
  3. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp
    Awesome idea. I can't wait to try my hand at it.
  4. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    122,962xp
    If I were to win/be in the top 3, could I donate my XP to someone else who needs it more? :stuck_out_tongue:
  5. Rebel_Vanguard Platinum

XP:
    10,955xp
    This sounds intense... Heck, I might give it a shot. ... And then be out done by absolutely everyone else. As per the usual. But sounds fun, nonetheless.

Annihilation Events sounds like something that could be a fundamental part of Annihilation. I'm looking forward to how this is going to end. Good luck all contestants!
  6. MineReepers Platinum

XP:
    120,601xp
    is there any way to submit it privately? I dont want to show people our strategy
  7. Rebel_Vanguard Platinum

XP:
    10,955xp
    I figure if you submit it privately it'll work just the same. After all, a submission is a submission. (That's without knowing any background information, but I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to.)
  8. DutchSurvivor Obsidian

XP:
    726,831xp
    Hell ye, I need that gold :3

Looks good guys, good luck to all:wink:.

For how long will you be allowed to gain XP in-game? "Longest game ever due to mining"
  9. Agredris Platinum

XP:
    1,469,102xp
  10. JACOBSMILE Jr. Developer

XP:
    245,865xp
    Updated Thread. Submissions privately are fine. I overlooked that idea when I wrote this, thanks to those who suggested it!
    Tonkotsuramen921 and MTrout like this.
  11. ItsJesseFFS Regular Member

XP:
    1,155,019xp
    I might enter this.
    But I do have a question. If I won, would I be allowed to give my prize to someone else? Like, a friend?
    Tonkotsuramen921 and Wesleey like this.
  12. prorsus Emerald

XP:
    1,815,227xp
  13. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp
    In the light of the fact that not everyone has all the classes, would it be possible to make Enchanter one of the free classes for every person, if only for say a week of the next month? I understand if this is not possible, but it would level the playing field for everyone, as it is stated in the description that this class is highly recommended.
  14. Rechoke Silver

XP:
    30,364xp
    I kinda feel this will give an advantage to players on EU, as the playercount in those matches (expecially nightime) won't go higher than 30 people.
    Tonkotsuramen921 and gamerx_x_ like this.
  15. SimplyFowy Platinum

XP:
    1,155,739xp
    Awesome :stuck_out_tongue: !
  16. emacs_ Platinum

XP:
    577,095xp
    Waste of my time tbh lol
  17. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    It doesn't take good ping for a US player like me to mine ores on an EU server
  18. Jerrybibo Emerald

XP:
    149,917xp
    Man this got me interested.
    Does Annilobby count? :lmao: (Sandbox games)
    (It probably wouldn't, but y'know.)

Also, are you allowed to split prizes?
  19. JACOBSMILE Jr. Developer

XP:
    245,865xp

Sandbox Games do not count, and unfortunately, you aren't able to split prizes, but you can, however, give the whole prize to someone else.
  20. CakeDoesMC Regular Member

XP:
    1,424xp
    Enc will make this contest unfair
    my suggestion is no Enc or Enc unlocked for everyone!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.