1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Video Annihilation Class Update Tierlist - Which Classes Should You Buy?

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by GuigaWei, Jul 15, 2017.

Video - Annihilation Class Update Tierlist - Which Classes Should You Buy? | Page 2
  1. TheFlame_YT Platinum

XP:
    230,567xp
    Alex back to YT c:

2. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    I'd say they only bring down the top. Like the spy in Stratego.
  3. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Do you even balance bro?
  4. GuigaWei Platinum

XP:
    578,041xp
    Since the thread just got renewed, I would like to make a PSA.
    Recently the video received an unnatural spike in dislikes: http://imgur.com/a/juwI0
    My original intention of the thread was for people to discuss the video here, and I may have made a mistake to ask people to switch over to YT to watch it, despite there being time-stamps.
    If anyone has a problem with the tier list or Annihilation balance, feel free to discuss it here. Write as much as you want about as many classes as you want, and I will answer them.
    Pittacus likes this.
  5. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Was it TT? ._.
    Champion_Guiga likes this.
  6. TheFlame_YT Platinum

XP:
    230,567xp
    Probably :eek:
    Champion_Guiga likes this.
  7. FixGoldNameTag Obsidian

XP:
    3,750xp
    didn't deny it ggnoregetrektm82k17gitgudfitemeirluwontnoballs
  8. FixGoldNameTag Obsidian

XP:
    3,750xp
    Boy there is literally 15 dislikes from Turkey and TT is the only Turkish clan on this server and the only one stupid and petty enough to dislike bot a video 15 times and then try to deny it when they were barely even trying to hide it in the first place.
  9. FixGoldNameTag Obsidian

XP:
    3,750xp
    If you don't want to deal with the consequences don't do it.
  10. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    It might not be a good idea to go off topic on your friends post as it may get locked.Just saying.
    MODERNMEGa likes this.
  11. POWER_RANGER Regular Member

XP:
    13,554xp
    Everyone knows that miner is the first class you should buy with xp!

Nice list but civilian should be higher :wink: and engineer should get a failing grade...
  12. GuigaWei Platinum

XP:
    578,041xp
    Update: I have just edited the text tier-list to reflect a more accurate picture. This was done while brainstorming for my second thread, which will have all the change suggestions. Here are the changes:

Thor: Moved from A+ to S.
    Probably the crowd favorite out of these changes. Many community members suggested it, and after further testing and number crunching, I can conclude that Thor deserves to be on the same tier as Pyro. Its damage is incredibly good, and Resistance I is a great passive.

Mercenary: Moved from S to A+.
    Something I wasn't aware of when making the tier-list was that Mercenary actually only increases damage by 10% instead of 25%. The glow effect is still potent, but I believe that Mercenary is looking to be on the same tier as Immobilizer due to how similarly it performs in-game.

Lumberjack: Moved from A to B+.
    Whilst writing up notes for the next thread, I looked into the numbers surrounding Lumberjack's armor shred, and found interesting results. The amount of hits required to take out certain levels of armor is insane for fights, and most of the time makes no difference. Leathers are usually already at one hearts when their armor gets destroyed, and Diamonds take way too many hits for it to be viable. Here are some numbers (# of hits):

Leather Armor: Helmet (3) / Chestplate (5) / Leggings (4) / Boots (4)
    Iron Armor: Helmet (9) / Chestplate (13) / Leggings (12) / Boots (10)
    Diamond Armor: Helmet (19) / Chestplate (27) / Leggings (25) / Boots (22)

This doesn't even include any Armor Resistance values or any possible Unbreaking interference. Not to mention that the ability has a limited time to be used, making you wait over a minute to dispose of a diamond player.

Disclaimer: None of these changes will be reflected in the video.
    Corrade and LegendaryAlex like this.
  13. daveyo10 Regular Member

XP:
    25,967xp

Where can you find certain values like this? (examples being succubus's passive live drain and how much extra damage berserkers/warriors take during their abilities)

Also, Id like to make some comments reflecting my opinions of the tier list you came up with. First off, id just like to say that I'm glad there are people like you that play anni who have valid opinions about balancing the game. With that being said, let me get into the changes I personally would make to the tier list. (note that I'm viewing the tiers as which classes are better than others and not categorizing them as how useful they are for completing your goal)

Vampire - I would move vampire at least one tier because although this class really only works at night (or in enemy mines with all the torches mined ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) its transform ability (if used correctly) can allow you to easily take on full irons as a leather. Its really just a jank class that uses gimmicks to dominate enemy players. I also feel like its main counter (light sources) aren't carried around by players often and the naturally generated light sources can be avoided if you know where they are. But id still only place it in B tier for its lack of consistency and the vulnerability you have after using transform.

Succubus - Id definitely move succubus up to A tier (maybe just B+) for this reason: This class has a very high skill ceiling, and if used by someone (like me) that has memorized damage values and knows how many times they need to hit a leather/iron/diamond armored opponent with a stone/iron/diamond sword (while accounting for protection and sharpness) before they can give someone the succ ( life drain ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ), It can be very effective at not only killing opponents more efficiently but also giving you much more survivability. Certainly mobility classes such as acrobat and scout still have much more survivability but its still a great pvp class if used correctly.

Bloodmage - Although its not nearly as effective as other pvp classes such as thor and pyro, it still has potential and therefor should be raised in the tiers. Giving people wither with your ability and have the chance to poison people on hit is much like how pyro can light people on fire with their ability and have the chance to light people on fire on hit. Certainly bloodmage is not as versatile as pyro because it doesn't have the passive fire resistance and flame on bows but unlike bloodmage's wither and poison, flame can be easily stopped with a bucket of water in your hotbar.

Lumberjack - I feel like lumberjack should be in B tier because it is outclassed by builder if you are trying to get wood for building and is outclassed by any other pvp class if you are trying to use it for pvp. The brute force ability hardly helps you kill leathers and rarely has use otherwise.

For these next few classes that I'm going to talk about, Im not necessary going to change which tiers they are in, but Id like to discuss things that may not of been considered while you were making your tier list

Assassin - One thing that can make assassin much more versatile is its use as a mobility class. Although its not as versatile as its main counterpart when considering it as a mobility class (acrobat), it can be used very effectively when escaping from and attacking opponents.

Berserker - In you're video you didn't really talk about Berserker's ability. I personally feel that the berserk ability is very useful in the early, mid, and late game and is an essential part of the class. It allows you to very easily out-pvp people by making your combos/strafes virtually impossible to break (as long as you can track the opponent well {basically just keep clicking on them lol}). This helps you do three major things: achieve hearts in the early game very easily (as long as you are careful and don't get overwhelmed), kill people with better gear than you in the mid game (by now you should be at 15 hearts), and take on swarms of enemies while (strength) rushing without getting knocked all over the place (by now you should have full did).

Anyways, I have a lot of experience with anni and minecraft pvp in general but this is all just my opinion and is bound to be biased because i have lots of time spent on certain classes where as I still haven't even gotten a few essential ones. Just let me know what you think about it all, Thanks!

P.S. I didn't watch your entire video so I'm sorry if i talked about something that you covered in there. I tried to watch every section that i talked about but i might have missed something. I'm also not the most experienced when it comes to forums so sorry if this doesn't look very nice or things are worded oddly.
  14. Kelestami Platinum

XP:
    548,288xp
    Does this tier list assume Coastal as the standard?

The reason I ask is because: Imagine Swapper on Andorra. It's arguably more efficient than immobilizer for catching invises, as it only requires one player to make a definite kill, and It can delay a diamond rusher longer than a defender class, assuming it's a decent trap. It can always catch a player before they deal nexus damage if it's on the Andorra map. Now, imagine swapper on Skylands. No matter where you position a swapper trap in base, it can always be avoided by the enemy. Even in mid, the area is so wide that players can generally see and avoid any attempt at being swapped, aside from a multi chain swap. My point is--the map definitely affects the tiers of some classes, making an ultimate tier list rather difficult. If this was covered in your video, I missed it due to skimming, though I believe the map is something to keep in mind.
  15. daveyo10 Regular Member

XP:
    25,967xp
    Theres different ways you can look at it and different tier lists can be created for different maps... Just to make things more general, Champion_Guiga (i guess i can't really speak for him) and i assumed all classes and all maps were played evenly.
  16. daveyo10 Regular Member

XP:
    25,967xp
    otherwise classes like iceman would be ranked higher because its very good on coastal and canyon which are both very frequently played maps
  17. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    Sorry I had to necro but TT is not the only clan on this server.
  18. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    wow I just read the comments and looked at the video with a huge amount of dislikes
    and thats obviously hinting to that tt did it. But can you turkish clan just stop with this nonsense. You can't just hate people for criticizing you or tell you guys to stop necroing ect. Just stop this hate :( And if you have nothing to do except bot disliking, just don't do anything at all. Cause guigas project is actually pretty helpful and nice but the way u see guiga is "disrespectful to the TT clan"
    more like a bump :stuck_out_tongue:
  19. FixGoldNameTag Obsidian

XP:
    3,750xp
  20. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    If you hate, you will be hated too.Simple as that, won't be replying again to this thread which has gone Off-Topic.Have a nice day.