1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Video Annihilation Class Update Tierlist - Which Classes Should You Buy?

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by GuigaWei, Jul 15, 2017.

Video - Annihilation Class Update Tierlist - Which Classes Should You Buy?
  1. GuigaWei Platinum

XP:
    578,041xp
    It is time once again for an Annihilation Tierlist!
    Just like last time, you can click the YouTube icon in the bottom right corner of the video or use my signature to watch this video on YouTube. The reason is because I have timestamps in the description of the video on YouTube, where you can skip to any class you want to see discussed.

Note: This video is meant to discuss the balance of classes in the game and how the meta has shaped since the last two updates. We will not be focusing on fixes for the classes. You can catch a separate suggestions thread by myself within the upcoming weeks.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Video:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I will also include a text tier list down below for the people that just want to take a look at it. This thread is also meant to be a discussion, but please make sure to watch our explanation of the class's tier in the video or else you risk losing legitimacy in your post.

Note: The different tiers have descriptions to them that are briefly explained in the introduction to the video. Watching the first four minutes would be helpful to understand what each ranking means.
    Text Tierlist:
    SS: NONE
    S+: Enchanter / Scout
    S : Acrobat / Dasher / Pyro / Thor
    A+: Archer / Builder / Immobilizer / Mercenary / Miner / Scorpio / Tinkerer
    A : Assassin / Berserker / Defender / Healer / Sniper / Spider / Transporter / Warrior
    B+: Alchemist / Iceman / Lumberjack / Spy / Swapper / Wizard
    B : Bard / Bloodmage / Handyman / Rift Walker / Robin Hood / Succubus / Vampire
    C : Civilian / Engineer / Farmer / Hunter
    D : NONE
    Thanks to NotSwipe and LegendaryAlex for joining me in the video!

2. This_is_Hugo Emerald

XP:
    9,076xp
    god dammit i was praying for it not be another hour long edition :lmao:
    Kelestami and Macrolide like this.
  3. This_is_Hugo Emerald

XP:
    9,076xp
    Would move:
    Swapper to S
    Immobilizer to S
    Assasain to A+
    Tinkerer to A
    Wizard to A
    Bard to B+
  4. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Swapper S? Why??? :lmao:
    That the heck man xd
  5. This_is_Hugo Emerald

XP:
    9,076xp
    Because it is not a B+ Kit, The amount of fun you can have with it, and how Overpowered it can be in defence with obsidian and gravel trap!
    Definitely an S Kit
  6. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Alrighty :lmao:
  7. GuigaWei Platinum

XP:
    578,041xp
    Fun doesn't dictate the power of a kit.
    The reasoning is that while Obsidian and Gravel traps are good, straight up defense with Defender and Immobilizer gets the job done better. Same with attacking, Assassin and Spider to a better job of infiltrating a base, while Warrior is more straightforward with PvPing. In terms of mid, the Swapper is good, but can be risky, since Archers are a powerhouse in mid, and having the right tools can stop any swapper trap that isn't Obsidian or Gravel. Since Swapper has the risk / reward to it, then it could be considered A Tier (balanced), but since it only does well on some maps or in certain situations, it was brought down to B+.
    LegendaryAlex likes this.
  8. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    'A' being average instead of 'C' was messing with me. Also could use a timer per class to keep it under an hour (about 80 to 90 seconds)

RIP Alex's Connection.
    slamdunker81 and LegendaryAlex like this.
  9. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Good Points :stuck_out_tongue:
    I normally don't even have bad wifi.
    Idk my wifi was scared that I would fail.
  10. MODERNMEGa Regular Member

XP:
    17,653xp

I don't know i missunderstand but i guess you said Swapper is only good class for the traps and already Immobilizer and Defener are better than Swapper traps,

Swapper is not only trap class.
    If you are low, you can swap an enemy for free absorption then you can run.
    If you need to jump down, swap an enemy and jump so no fall damage.
    If you are leather and there are a lot of players with good gear, stay on your middle-base and swap an enemy. Then enemy can not run.
    For PvP, if enemies are two and you are one, you can swap an enemy then you can kill un-swapped enemy with absorpiton (other enemy can not helps fastly because you are near of the enemy and you swapped him position so he is far of the him friend).

When you are rushing;
    -If you want to go to in the enemy base and there are walls, break a block and swap an enemy then you are in you can break teleports or brewing stand etc.
    -If you are doing Strentgh Rush and there is a enemy swapper trap, first you can go to in the enemy base and when enemy swapped you you can swap him too.

I tried all these tactics and Swapper is pretty much good, cool and funny class. Sometimes i still use Swapepr for Mid-Rushes or Nexus Rushes.

I hope you understand me because my English is bad.

Greetings,
    -Maashg
  11. ArcaliusKronoz Platinum

XP:
    28,220xp
    Hunter is actually broken, and scout It's a bit useless right now. :d
  12. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    I would be happy to join your next cast Champion!
  13. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    Btw thor is much better than Pyro.
  14. GuigaWei Platinum

XP:
    578,041xp
    Thanks for the reply, allow me to elaborate further.

A lot of my criticisms will be referring to the placement of other classes on the tier list. So generally it is assumed that the classes above the other in the tier list are better suited for their jobs. You are already aware of this as you mention Defender and Immobilizer as superior. Let me turn your attention to Assassin then, which is an A kit that has many more uses than Swapper does with its abilities. The Leap will provide you with a better window of escape when you are low and being chased. This is just a single scenario where ASN would be a better option, but you will see that there are more later.

ASN, ACR, SCO, what do these have in common? They can all escape better than Swapper. ACR and SCO don't have to burn 30 second abilities to escape fights, and ASN creates better distance when you do it. Swapper requires a higher skill cap and just the right situation to be able to escape. Heck, SCP even has a better chance of escaping, you can hook an ally and fly off the cliff, or you can hook the enemy and try to push them off. If you are really looking to spice things up, try using the Spider's web ability below you as you fall. Yes, it actually works. Just break the web before the enemy tries to come down with you and then SPLAT.

We discussed this in the video. A few problems with running a mid Swapper, is the amount of ranged weapons present, and the difficulty of setting up and successfully executing a lethal swap. In some mids, it works great. In others, you will have a hard time trying to get people trapped, before they break your trap and then escape. Dasher and other Swapper have the ability to escape the swapper trap, which you just went over in your post ironically.

What you are describing here is a "situational advantage", where you can abuse the ability to break up a 2v1. In actuality, the class isn't as great as you describe it. Yes, you can separate two people and try to kill one, but that only happens if you can separate them by both HEIGHT and LENGTH. If you only have length, it really doesn't work very well, as his teammate will rejoin within seconds. Therefore, this situational advantage only actually works in a fraction of the situations you described.

You can also use Dasher, Spider, Scout, Acrobat, and Assassin which are all higher tiered to get inside, and all prove to be more reliable. Again, using situations that other classes can do better doesn't make the class in question stronger by any means.

Or, you could just avoid him and not let him swap anyone. On most maps this can be the case. My argument for this was that, while people were outside the Coastal nexus in swapper traps, most of them got inside the nexus and I (as Defender) had to take care of a lot of them. Swapper is not a good defense, except on certain maps, which again is situational. You want to know what works better? Bowspamming him until he leaves the trap with an Archer or the new Sniper which can cover HUGE distances. And what do you know, both are higher on the tier list than Swapper.

B+ kits are ranked B+ because they are balanced classes that prove more situational than A or A+ classes. B+ is supposed to describe classes that struggle more to do the same job that A and A+ classes can do, and overall provides a less competitive edge to it. The situations you described were just that - situations. Most weren't reflective over the kit's performance in different positions of the map, such as pressuring mid for diamond yield. Most were general statements about Swapper's safety / escapability, which it has some of. But that isn't what the overall package of Swapper puts towards its competitiveness. It is meant to be a class that can disrupt teamfights and enemy rushes so that the team can take advantage of positioning to try and win. But, like all B+ classes, there are tons of loopholes such as Swapper and Dasher's escapes, and the amount of other classes that do its job better. That is why it belongs in B+ tier.
    LegendaryAlex and This_is_Hugo like this.
  15. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    I just thought of something while watching this. If your nexus is knocked out could a handyman bring it back? If this isn't possible it totally should be. I could see the possibility increase so much in this game if that was possible. Teams could come back from the dead and have revenge on the team that took them out. Fallen team mates could join back and help.
    _RunningKing_ likes this.
  16. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Yo I think thats a bit OP for handyman. Reviving your own nexus would be kind of chaos, you know :lmao:.
    Games would probably take over 2 hours. You can also abuse it, if your team is on a different team, and ur nexus is done, let that guy mine the nexus for a couple of points so his nexus is revived.
    _RunningKing_ likes this.
  17. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    But the chance of getting a revive is so small it wouldn't affect most games. Plus this might already be possible could a Dev confirm it?
  18. GuigaWei Platinum

XP:
    578,041xp
    It is impossible, it has been tried before but without success.
    Hingey likes this.
  19. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    What phase? I know in sandbox more lives have been add after a team is dead.
  20. DR_DRE_HERE Regular Member

XP:
    27,785xp
    lumberjack is the top are you kidding:D