1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Guide All classes: Pros and Cons

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Qosole, Sep 20, 2013.

Guide - All classes: Pros and Cons
?

Helpful? OR was the link to the Wiki helpful?

YA 13 vote(s) 29.5%
NO? 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Yarr! 3 vote(s) 6.8%
I'm a pirate and I'm free 5 vote(s) 11.4%
#yoloswag 6 vote(s) 13.6%
#lol limewire 1 vote(s) 2.3%
Omfg Qosole why do you have "Yarr!" and "I'm a pirate and I'm free" IN EVERY SINGLE POLL???????????? 16 vote(s) 36.4%
  1. Qosole Platinum

XP:
    10,624xp
    Alrighty guys! As some of you guys know, I'm Qosole (Actually you should know my name by looking to the left but whatever) and I am here to bring you guys a list of the current classes (9/20/13) and their pros and cons. I might edit my post if new classes get added, but I'll have to do a bit of research first. Also if I derp and miss a class just let me know! For those of you who think this is pointless and are like "wtf dud just leik lokk at the fukin wiki dud" I do have some personal tips here, so it is worth reading. Anyways, lets get started! YAY LIGHT BLUE TEXT FTW

1. Civilian
    • Pros:
    • Automatic Crafting Bench: don't have to cut down a log
    • Good for earning the other classes
    • You automatically have it
    • Cons:
    • Spawns with no special items (besides crafting bench, you can craft that easily)
    • Once you get another class, this class becomes practically useless
    2. Miner
    • Pros:
    • Has a chance of getting 2 ores instead of one
    • Efficiency I stone pickaxe
    • 4 pieces of coal
    • Furnace
    • You can put your iron into the Ender furnace, switch to another class (Like Berserker or Warrior) and have full iron with that class.
    • Cons:
    • You only have a wooden sword, so if someone comes and invades the iron mine early in the game, they will take all of your iron (and since you're miner, you probably will have a lot) and you will be sad.
    3. Archer
    • Pros:
    • Does +1 damage with a bow
    • Can craft arrows much more easier than the other classes
    • Punch I bow with 16 arrows
    • Cons:
    • Only for pro bow users only. Not many people are pro bow users, as some players just make Strength II pots and go rush a nexus.
    4. Warrior
    • Pros:
    • Does +1 damage with any melee weapon
    • Knockback I stone sword (basically Knockback I iron sword)
    • Health potion
    • Good for the people who make Strength II pots and rush (Sharpness IV Diamond sword + Warrior + Strength II + critical hits = one hit kills on iron guys
    • Cons:
    • Some people get overconfident with this class, as they overestimate the amount of bonus damage the class gives you.
    5. Transporter
    • Pros:
    • BIG team player
    • Can get you 75+ XP by putting a teleporter in a team's nexus
    • Stone sword
    • You can do A TON with your teleporters.
    • Cons:
    • A lot of people troll with this class.
    6. Pyro
    • Pros:
    • You have a chance of setting people on fire when you hit them
    • Stone sword, health potion
    • Immune to fire and lava
    • Cons:
    • The chance of setting them on fire is pretty low, you're better off with a fire aspect sword in my opinion (unless you're really lucky)
    7. Berserker
    • Pros:
    • You can get 15 hearts by killing 8 people
    • Stone sword
    • Health potion
    • Cons:
    • If you aren't careful, you can get killed easily when you have 7 or 8 or 9 hearts.
    8. Enchanter
    • Pros:
    • Gain more enchanting XP when you do something that gives you enchanting XP
    • Enchant full iron/diamond armor and tools to level 30, put them in a very well hidden chest, switch to another class (Berserker, Warrior, Bloodmage, etc), get your stuff, and go Annihilate people!
    • Cons:
    • Often gets broken.
    9. Spy
    • Pros:
    • Shift and stand still to become invisible
    • Deal more damage when you hit them from behind
    • Cons:
    • You don't stay invisible for very long anymore.
    • Since they made Spy stay invisible for a very short time, I suggest refunding the XP back to the people who bought it. It's completely useless now. (just my opinion)
    • You start with a golden sword, which basically is a wooden sword with less durability.
    10. Acrobat
    • Pros:
    • Double jump yay
    • Bow and arrows
    • Reduced fall damage
    • Cons:
    • Even with reduced fall damage, if you double jump into a deep area, you'll die.
    • The double jump trips No-cheat a lot. And by a lot I mean A TON.
    11. Bloodmage
    • Pros:
    • You can deal one point of extra true damage to your enemy when you have your sacrifice active.
    • If your team is having a fight with another team, you can stay off to the side and battle them indirectly, since you take a point of true damage yourself (with sacrifice active). Using this, you can deal MASSIVE damage without putting yourself into any danger. (whereas in 1v1 with sacrifice, you practically do 50% of your health while the opponent deals the other 50%.
    • Cons:
    • Sacrifice also deals 1 point of true damage to yourself.
    • Using sacrifice in a 1v1 situation isn't very good unless you're pro OR you have better armor.
    12. Vampire
    • Pros:
    • You annihilate everything in the nighttime.
    • Your attacks drain health from the enemy.
    • Night vision potion.
    • Cons:
    • You're super weak in the daytime.
    13. Succubus
    • Pros:
    • Every 2 minutes you can attempt to suck the remaining life out of the enemy. If the enemy has less than 25% health, he/she is killed and the health gets transferred to you. BUT. If the player has MORE than 25% health, the enemy is left unharmed and you are dealt true damage equal to the enemy's remaining health.
    • Cons:
    • Hard to use.
    • You have to know when they are low on hp. Practice makes perfect, but a lot of players nowadays are too lazy to practice.
    14. Lumberjack
    • Pros:
    • Efficiency I stone axe
    • You have a chance of getting 2 pieces of wood when you chop a piece of wood.
    • Can make wood walls faster than anyone
    • Cons:
    • Everybody says this class sucks. That means everybody says defending is the worst thing in the world (which is sad)
    • If you hate defending and you bought this class, bad idea.
    15. Scorpio
    • Pros:
    • Stone sword
    • Hook: when right clicked, you will throw it. If a player comes into contact that is an enemy, that player will get teleported to you. If the player is an ally, you will get teleported to them.
    • Strategy: Get into the lake at Coastal (mid). From there you can Scorpio enemies to you and you can hit them. Repeat as necessary.
    • I don't know why I'm putting this strategy on here, but YOLO! What you do is build a tower until you can't build anymore. Then, you dig down two blocks and make walls around you EXCEPT for the area in which you're going to throw the hook. From there, throw the hook down into mid. Once someone teleports to you, you hit them off and they die. THIS IS THE CHEAPEST STRATEGY, NEVER USE IT.
    • Cons:
    • You will get SOOO much hate for using those strategies.
    16. Thor
    • Pros:
    • Every 2 minutes, you can summon lightning down from the sky to strike enemies, dealing 2 true damage.
    • Cons:
    • Might still be broken.
    • Enemies that are hit by a Thor lightning strike are immune to lightning strikes for 30 seconds. That means you can't have a Thor team raining lightning down onto mid D:
    17. Scout
    • Pros:
    • Permanent Speed I
    • Grapple
    • Like a fish in water, not even a Scorpio can beat this bad boy in water
    • Cons:
    • Grapple can sometimes trip no-cheat, like Acrobat
    • You start with a Golden sword, which is like a wooden sword but with less durability.
    18. Healer
    • Pros:
    • Big team player.
    • Good for rushes.
    • Every 5 seconds, all allies within 5 blocks of you are partially healed.
    • Cons:
    • As soon as the enemy knows you're a healer, they'll probably try and kill you first. D:
    • You need to win 25 games AND type /hub as soon as you get the xp for winning. If you don't the win won't count D:
    IF YOU STILL ARE STUBBORN AND WANT THE WIKI, HERE'S A LINK HERE. HAVE FUN ANNIHILATING!

2. Esperwhim Regular Member

XP:
    29,159xp
    Healer isn't broken, you have to get 25 more wins after the ones you allready had cuz they reset it in the system but not the numbers that show on website, so it says 15 wins for me (which is all it ever counted cuz it was broken for several months), but really it's only counted about 12 of them.

Also, as a defender myself, lumberjack still sucks. And nobody makes wooden walls anymore if they know what they're doing.
  3. Qosole Platinum

XP:
    10,624xp

Hm. Healer isn't broken? I'll have to edit that then. Thanks for the feedback!

So lumberjack just sucks overall? I mean, wooden walls checkered with wool is great. Also, if you cover that with redstone, It will be even better. Plus you could make a moat. (I got all of this from Prophett)
  4. Esperwhim Regular Member

XP:
    29,159xp
    MOST people don't bring shovels, so I'd rather use dirt than wood, wood is more for building walkways on the edge of walls if you want to use archery.
  5. Qosole Platinum

XP:
    10,624xp

Yeah, but there isn't a Digger class.
  6. Esperwhim Regular Member

XP:
    29,159xp
    My point is, if you're a good builder you'd have a shove, and this helps with wall defense.
  7. 20thCenturyBoy Retired Staff

XP:
    184,049xp
    Did they change spy again? Can't check this at the moment.
    Because he can stay vanished as long as he does not unvanish himself or when he gets unvanished by several possibilities by other players.
    Or is there a time limit now?
  8. Zneak Platinum

XP:
    16,172xp
    >Over 200 wins

>No Healer class

And yes, i have gotten more then 25 wins after the reset.
  9. StolenStars Obsidian

XP:
    60,826xp
    i like the spy class though. good for defending. i have all these classes but i don't use succubus (hard to use), bloodmage (confusing), or thor (because ill just die after summoning lightning). i still want healer though.
  10. verynoname Gold

XP:
    44,269xp
    Personally, I think that the Civilian class should get bonus food saturation when they eat melons. Those things always let me down when I'm running/fighting, and it would give Civilian at least something to have over the other classes.
    HamsterPvP, 17171717, Qosole and 2 others like this.
  11. monopolymac Regular Member

XP:
    28,663xp
    unless you have healer yourself, don't fucking tell us healer isn't broken.
  12. StolenStars Obsidian

XP:
    60,826xp
    i agree. that would balance the civilian class with the others so it wont be useless.
  13. Zneak Platinum

XP:
    16,172xp
    I have seen some people with healer class, but very few...
  14. DeadSword_Gravus Regular Member

XP:
    13,603xp
    Well written sir.
  15. Esperwhim Regular Member

XP:
    29,159xp
    And I have seen them and been killed by a few of them... All of them that answered me told me the exact same thing. Are you sure you've been playing on US cuz that's the only time I ever see them.

EDIT:
    Zneak I looked at your stats and it has only recorded 0 wins and 3 losses. The reason why is because (keep in mind you can only get healer on U.S. Servers) When you win, you have to type /hub immediatly after. If you wait for the server to close it does not count your win. Also, If you type
    ./stats listachievements
    It does not show your win stats. The only way to see your win stats is by going to the home page, clicking stats where annihilation is, then typing your name into the search bar that is there.
    epicguy3122 likes this.
  16. Esperwhim Regular Member

XP:
    29,159xp
    Unless you have listened to others and researched it, don't be a fucking ass hole when you don't know shit.
  17. Razi Platinum

XP:
    56,441xp
    Good guide
  18. kevinohbreh Platinum

XP:
    42,270xp
  19. theofficialn00b Platinum

XP:
    89,685xp
    i once got trolled by a transporter and i got transported into a closed room with nothing but water (no air) and i died with full enchanted iron. so pissed....
  20. Zneak Platinum

XP:
    16,172xp

But i dont want to play 25 matches on the laggy US server :(