1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion afk

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by GiveLifeB2Music, Jun 15, 2021.

Suggestion - afk
?

x

7min 3 vote(s) 13.0%
8min 3 vote(s) 13.0%
9min 0 vote(s) 0.0%
10min 13 vote(s) 56.5%
NO , I like to call my mom to bring the basin 4 vote(s) 17.4%
  1. iStackEverygame Platinum

XP:
    1,749,585xp
    Sometime players have an emergency, but 3~5 minutes may not be enough for them
    (Some game is incredibly long)

So i suggest add a command to make your AFK time to X min
    But only one chance per game.

vote for X ↑↑↑↑
    Rocket543210, Spavky and Sens like this.

2. Spawky Platinum

XP:
    4,135,855xp
    I would suggest being able to join back within 90 seconds just after you get kicked for being afk
  3. anniPARERA Obsidian

XP:
    187,829xp
    yes i agre wit tis I los shar 5 and apel pls fix
  4. ChillWarrior Gold

XP:
    309,617xp
  5. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Suppose the following:

Red has 14 people because 2 players left.
    Yellow has 15 players and Green and Blue both have 18 players.
    If someone disconnects or gets kicked for AFK on Green or Blue they're hit with queue times. Green and Blue players are being punished by the system when Red people quit the game, leave to play in the next game or are kicked by the afk system.

Since you cannot kick active players nor punish them for another player for leaving you MUST code a new system fix these problems.
    You cannot keep telling the player base they can't do something because of a rule. You have to reverse the psychological viewpoint. Stay with me.

Keep all the players you can in one game by positively reinforcing staying in longer games. You could do so with progression incentives like increasing ranking or SBxp gains or unlocking all classes in overtime phases. (Temporarily unlocking all classes on the daily would also give players a goal and naturally lessen buyers remorse.) Allow players to join in all phases regardless of rank, this would keep team sizes resistant to leaving players and make the queue system more forgiving towards leaving players by any means. A definite argument to keeping it is to dump AFK player loot in a team community chest, kind of like a team based stash. Without any additional functionality to the AFK system however I would rather have it removed.

P.S. If a player is on a team that wins, give them a temporary unlocked class they can pick for that day. This would allow for some basic class strategy even for the newbie. This would also give them a means to test out their next class to buy, while keeping the progression the same speed.
    Cupu likes this.
  6. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Bit of a brainwave after I pressed send. Disable the AFK system for players who played until their team was destroyed. That and some other positive reinforcement oughta change player perception.
    Took my own advice and I guess I listened to it.