1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Add apples to boss buff?

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Rixhack, Jan 17, 2017.

Suggestion - Add apples to boss buff?
  1. spolendina Emerald

XP:
    175,586xp
    Nobody can be bothered to farm for apples, so why not add apples to the boss buff? It could come as 2 or just 1.

2. Brxnton Platinum

XP:
    90,067xp
  3. VictorLight Regular Member

XP:
    199,159xp
    Too op, if just a team collects gold then kill the wither, BOOM they won
  4. FreeCookson Platinum

XP:
    3,771xp
    Thats not op. Its just offering a slightly faster alternative to getting something that isn't that hard to get.
    Meme_MC, SquallyTheWally and Rixhack like this.
  5. gunso_ Retired Staff

XP:
    681,846xp
    As long as they don't add a custom recipe for the enchanted golden apple in Shotbow 1.9, I won't disagree
    I don't think I'll ever use the boss buff to get an apple though.
  6. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    122,362xp
    Vouch - plz add good idea.
    Rixhack likes this.
  7. thereaper6733 Regular Member

XP:
    12,745xp
    Yeah that does seem like a good suggestion u should make a poll.
    Soular likes this.
  8. spolendina Emerald

XP:
    175,586xp

i always say this about gapples, everyone can get them. if you are so worried, you claim the boss buff. it's up to you to kill the wither, and if you are too lazy to kill it, it's on you and your team, and you completely deserve the loss if you are that careless.
    captainjoshua125 likes this.
  9. BowspamUToDeath Platinum

XP:
    761,499xp
    This is like saying if everyone could get invis, str, or power III flame I bows BOOM they won. This is just a temporary advantage for a team.
    Rixhack likes this.
  10. Rotmgmoddy Platinum

XP:
    289,383xp
    Lol, but currently you can get apples from trees, so that means it's too op right?

But in all honesty, seems like a decent suggestion, I'd support it.
  11. ledgamespro Media Partner

XP:
    466,726xp
  12. Friendly123 Co-Lead Builder

XP:
    405,457xp
    I know I'm going to get nailed with a bunch of people quoting me back, but this would be far too op.

Scenario #1: Your team is killing the wither and it gets sniped by another team, the other team gets a bunch of apples and ton of gold... Now they have 10 god apples + full diamond enchanted. I would guess it would take somewhere between 5-15 minutes for them to wander to each base to kill everyone. Now needless to say this might not happen, considered 10 full diamond could take a while to get, this is still a consideration.

Scenario #2: If this was added there would be little to no reason for farmer class since they are the class that can get apples the easiest.

Scenario #3: Most players don't know the importance of the wither so maybe each team would respect it more? Perhaps limiting the apples that can be given at each buff, like 2 for a team, like first 2 people to pick apple then it might be okay but if a whole team selects apple then it would be far too op.

That's just my 2 cents though, take it or leave it.
  13. TheFlame_YT Platinum

XP:
    230,567xp
    In my opinion, good idea, it isnt OP and maybe it can give more tactics to anni
  14. Rotmgmoddy Platinum

XP:
    289,383xp
    Ok this I agree with the most, good point.
  15. VictorLight Regular Member

XP:
    199,159xp

It's not about that but Gapples give waaaay better advantages plus if few just plan a rush they're pretty much unstoppable esp. if they've already got full dia in p3 , since wither spawns in p4... We already got enough gapple rushers ;-;

Getting them from wither would be easier, i know that they have to wait til p4, while wither spawns a player could get stacks of gold and stack his boss buffs (if they drop apples) and go for a solo rush and still success. Apples are sometimes quite annoying to get :stuck_out_tongue:

I truly respect your opinion guys :heart:
  16. BowspamUToDeath Platinum

XP:
    761,499xp
    They are not unstoppable and with good teamwork and coordination you can repulse the gapple rushers. If a team is too lazy to work together or care about coordinating a good defense that is their fault which is part of the slogan of the game "annihilate or be annihilated." Plus if you really are concerned about being it too op just make a limit of 5 or under amount of players getting gapples for each buff session
  17. BowspamUToDeath Platinum

XP:
    761,499xp

Farmer is also useful for bits of gold ore, potion ingredients, and nether warts so it won't be useless.
  18. Soularless Platinum

XP:
    158xp
    I like this. + 1
  19. Auroraa Regular Member

XP:
    128,428xp
    Takes too much effort to fight off even 1 gappler (you need the perfect set of classes and people in full dia/str just to kill 1 guy on a gapple). Don't need this to add more of that nonsense. I say remove gapples from the game entirely.
  20. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
    I would use them to eat normal
    captainjoshua125 likes this.