1. We are currently offline because we are rolling out a new system to help us defend against attackers. We apologize for the inconvenience and are thankful for your understanding.

2. At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.

If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.

3. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix Account Transfer

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Galactic_Walrus, May 12, 2019.

No Prefix - Account Transfer
?

Are you someone who also wants account transfer

Yes 4 vote(s) 50.0%
Don't need it. 2 vote(s) 25.0%
Don't think account transfer should be a thing 2 vote(s) 25.0%
  1. Galactic_Walrus Platinum

XP:
    21,183xp
    So i've done a little research and noticed yall are against account transfer. I was wondering why this is because I was wanting to play annihilation again but then realized I wouldnt have any of my progress and at that point I just lost interest. This is my brothers account( I was like 12 or 13 didn't have my own account) and would like to transfer if at all possible
    targetaquired likes this.

2. Mistri Community Manager, PR Lead

XP:
    521,430xp
    Well, what exactly do you want to transfer? Do you want to transfer everything from your account to another account? If so, the only difference would be your IGN, which is easily changeable if you have full access to the account.

We don't allow this for a few reasons:
    1. If a hacker gets a hold of an account, it would be very easy for them to transfer everything to themselves and leave the account untouched before anything could be done about it.
    2. Our current underlying system doesn't support it (we're working on fixing this)
    Sorry about that! Hope you find an alternate solution.
  3. targetaquired Platinum

XP:
    15,863xp
    Out of question would a total transfer be possible in the future because I do not have total access to the email associated with my account itself so I cannot change my skin but I have learned to live with this but I would love to know if there is any chance of this being changed in the future and of it being possible to transfer all the data to a new Minecraft account including any premium subscriptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    132,787xp
    Just so we're on the same page, Minecraft uses UUID's instead of IGN as reference.

What if you simultaneously bought a new minecraft account under a new name and email address and provided a proof of purchase. This would directly contrast a hackers best interest. Obviously this doesn't rule out malicious intentions, but it would bar misuse somewhat.

-M7
  5. Mistri Community Manager, PR Lead

XP:
    521,430xp
    It might be possible in the far future — but this is certainly not a concern or priority now. Think about it — would the players want us to be coding updates and fixes to our games... or this?
  6. targetaquired Platinum

XP:
    15,863xp
    True but I still think that this issue impacts many people and it should be addressed especially because some people especially those who are premium subscribers expect a level of support that understandably needs a bit of work on shotbow a behalf but I do understand the reason for the shortages.

7. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    132,787xp
    Now I know you're no coder but there are several different programming languages. Whose to say that someone might know the one needed for this problem, but not for say, game development? Perhaps it would require collaboration between different developers with different known languages. We're probably not ones to say.

I suspect this is a rhetorical question, since it'd probably reveal something about how Shotbow's servers are set up.
    I think the conversation has officially run its course, since its not doing anything but for making conversation itself.
  8. Galactic_Walrus Platinum

XP:
    21,183xp
    To put it simply. I want to play annihilation. Not enough to completely restart my progression. I would play your server if I could do the account transfer. This is my brothers account which I would like to move my progress off of. Classes and rank are really the only things that matter. But doesn't matter anymore. I doubt it will come to fruition.
  9. Mistri Community Manager, PR Lead

XP:
    521,430xp
    I code, just not for Shotbow :stuck_out_tongue:

The backend structure requires database knowledge, which most Shotbow devs have. Even if the database structure were to be altered, all the games would need to adjust to this new structure, as well as most of Shotbow's core code. That requires Java developers which are currently developing games and other in-game code.

Why can't you play on your brother's account?
    zoomninja3000 likes this.
  10. targetaquired Platinum

XP:
    15,863xp
    Maybe he just wants to play on his own account I see the validity in that desire I mean he can but that’s not really ideal for him and I would say as someone who pays a premium for a subscription they should expect ease of support revolving this sort of issue. I think that is his issue but I will not speak for him on that. It just would be a very helpful and useful feature to be able to get your account transferred in case of emergency or account loss.

11. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    34,596xp
    How about when the milestones come out?
  12. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    772,504xp
    I vote on this.