1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion About the Healer and Bandit tags

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by PossessedRyd, Aug 22, 2017.

Discussion - About the Healer and Bandit tags
  1. PossessedRyd Regular Member

XP:
    12,019xp
    Am i the only one that wished that the healer and bandit tags stayed after death? For me as a healer at least it would be nice because it would help to show that i am in fact a good guy and help other people trust me more easily

2. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
  3. PossessedRyd Regular Member

XP:
    12,019xp
    No as in you would or wouldnt want them to stay after death?
  4. MTrout Platinum

XP:
    729,797xp
    No, I prefer them being removed upon death.

One problem is that, as far as I know, bandit tags override healer tags. Then, let's say you kill some people in self defense and you get a bandit tag. How would you remove it and get a new healer tag? (One solution would be to use the ratio of heals to player kills in order to determine what tag a player has, but this has not been added to the game.)

Second, MineZ is a sandbox game. The reason it's fun is that it is essentially endless. Having a permanent healer/bandit tag means you can only get it once. What if you enjoy the challenge of getting it multiple times? Sure, you would still be able to heal people... but it's not nearly as satisfying as re-obtaining a tag.

Third... that is part of the game. It's a zombie apocalypse, so gaining peoples' trust is part of the challenge. Being wary of other players is supposed to happen, so having permanent healer tags would not add to the zombie apocalypse feel.
    Also, this logic is not exactly perfect. A bandit could get a healer tag and use it to gain peoples' trust. As long as they never get enough player kills to get a bandit tag, they will always have a healer tag to "abuse" and trick people.

Lastly, it would de-value both tags. Pretty much everyone would have either a healer tag or a bandit tag, so they would not be very special anymore.

Overall it's not a bad idea, but there are plenty of reasons why people are very happy with them the way they are (ignoring the fact that bandit tags override healer tags).
  5. Lomrun Platinum

XP:
    209,777xp
    Just keep healing people and don't bandit. You'll eventually get a reputation of being an healer. So you won't need a tag to be trusted. You'll get known x).
  6. Aigis_System Regular Member

XP:
    4,516xp
    Riki understands the logic here, but it won't help against people who are new to the game/aren't in the community frequently will still never trust anyone with the bandit tag, which you really can't blame them for tbh. Plus it isn't really easy to be so well known in a community like this.
    Talef likes this.
  7. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    Not really.If you have spent a decent time at game, and most importantly if you play with other people you will get known.Using forum also helps.
    LegendaryAlex likes this.