1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion A vicious circle of chat censorship

Discussion in 'SMASH' started by Metroll131, Dec 19, 2014.

Discussion - A vicious circle of chat censorship
  1. Methelin Emerald

XP:
    12,461xp
    In Smash, hackusations are even more common than in Annihilation. Most Shotbow players don't use the forum, that's known, so they don't know that they can /report the possible cheater. Few minutes ago I tried to keep the hackusation down by saying "If you think that someone is using a modified client, you can use /report command" but my message got blocked and I received a notice not to hackusate players. I understand censoring "hack", "hacks", "hacker", but censoring "report" is pointless in my honest opinion.

An example - Player A sees a cheater. (Player B) Player A doesn't know that there's /report command, so they say "Someone report Player B", but they cannot do it.

Another example - Player A openly hackusates Player B. Player C wants to say "Player A, use /report", but they cannot do it again.

Isn't it a vicious circle? I have two solutions:

1) Increase amount of autotips about using /report command.
    2) Allow "report" word.

If you see more solutions, write them, as brainstorming usually leads to the best results.

2. Sad Emerald

XP:
    885,564xp
    Haha, on the one hand you allow hackusations if you enable the word report, on the other you can help players by telling them to report. No good way to go around this to me, just would increase the amount of /report tips. I would say when the word report is used it would say "The word report is currently blocked due to the command /report, please /report cheaters only once and don't hackusate. " or something of the sorts.
    Unicycle43 likes this.
  3. Methelin Emerald

XP:
    12,461xp
    A vicious circle again. :lmao:

In spite of all, enabling "report" word wouldn't do much difference, as players usually yell "Player A ******* *****" or "Player A H.A.C.K.S" et cetera. :stuck_out_tongue:

Very interesting concept. :)
    Unicycle43 likes this.
  4. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    Say R.eport or such... The system isn't that good.
  5. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    because there used to be/still is a shit ton of people who spam REPORT NAME
  6. Zargonis Platinum

XP:
    4,655xp
    Tip: If you think a player is cheating, please use the /report command so the admins can review the player further.
    Better? Just let everyone know at the same time.
  7. Unicycle43 Retired Staff

XP:
    322,934xp
    Or (insert name here) is haxing rep0rt etc