1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

HIPS A top ranked player's guide to HIPS

Discussion in 'Arrow Arcade' started by Turtledudeguy, May 11, 2014.

HIPS - A top ranked player's guide to HIPS
  1. Turtledudeguy Platinum

XP:
    41,010xp
    (Current Version 1.0.1)

Version history:

1.0.0: Initial Release
    1.0.1: Fixed sentence fluency

Part 1: Intro
    Hello. I am Turtledudeguy, and you may know me from looking at the leaderboard, or by seeing me play. Many have asked me what my secrets to the game are, which I assure you is not radar hacks. After years (well, more like a week lol) of playing, I will finally reveal my tricks to the game.

Part 2: How to identify players

One of the main things people have asked is "How do you know where people are?". The answer, as I said before, is not radar hacks. First, if you notice, all NPCs keep their head perfectly level. A lot of players have a tendency to look slightly downward when they walk. If you see someone's head that is not level, they are probably a player. Also, have you ever noticed that players move faster than NPCs? This is a great way to find players. If you see someone who is acting suspicious, follow behind him. If you stay at the same distance apart, he is a player. If you a catch up to him, then he is an NPC. Yet another tip is that if you see someone standing still for a short period of time, then he is not an NPC, unless he is in one of those holes in the middle.

Part 3: PvP and strategy

First off, when you kill someone, you don't want others to see, because it is a dead giveaway that you are a player. After the kill, look around. If you see someone making a beeline towards you or sprinting towards you, then you have 2 choices: Run or fight. First look at your health. If it is high, go ahead and fight. If not you may want to run, but only if your sprint bar is high. The worst case scenario would be that your health and sprint bar is low. In this case, your best choice is to fight. Try to work around the person, to prevent them from hitting you. If you see other players battling, just act like an NPC until ALL players have fought and died, except the winner. He will most likely have low health, so target him and kill him. Like I said before, make sure others aren't watching, and if they do, use the said strategies.

Part 4: Conclusion

Thank you for reading, and I want your feedback. Tell me your strategies so they can be added, and if you have any issues, like typos or something, please tell me. Also, if you have suggestions for more topics, make sure to tell me.

2. Methelin Emerald

XP:
    12,461xp
    I always use exactly same strategy. :3
  3. Gizcow Retired Staff

XP:
    143,596xp
    Thanks for the guide! I had no idea about the head leveling.

These will come in handy the next time I play.