1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix A Speech For Shotbow (please read)

Discussion in 'The Network' started by jrbarsinister, May 3, 2014.

No Prefix - A Speech For Shotbow (please read)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrbarsinister Silver

XP:
    19,839xp
    I have been feeling this for a long time, I have felt that Shotbow is unfair. There is no free speech here. But I held it in, because I was afraid, afraid of the power the staff had over me. They could ban me with one click of a button. But I'm not afraid anymore. And I am going to say what I truly believe.

Now, I expect a lot of hate on this thread, I don't expect you all to like this post and say that you agree with me. I have seen other people make these kind of threads. I guess I was also afraid of the hate I would get. But if this is what I truly believe, I need to say it, or it's almost like lying. I am expecting you all to say that I'm terrible, thankless, stupid, etc. and you know, that's ok. But if you give me support, even if in a small way, that would make me happy before I am banned for Shotbow. And yes, I do expect to be banned. This is not a free network and it doesn't have free speech. Just letting you know staff and admins, that banning me, proves my point.

People who have made these threads have often cursed a lot, so it's understandable to ban them, in this case I have done nothing but openly stated my opinion.

I am not trying to get people to leave Shotbow or hold some sort of rebellion. I just want everyone to know what I truly think. I'm not going to hide anymore.

Don't get me wrong, most of you are very nice, and Shotbow saved me a while ago. I was alone at home every day with no one to talk to, Shotbow cured that. For that I will forever be thankful.

But there are things that have caused me to get sick of Shotbow.
    look at what happened tomistriman,http://shotbow.net/forum/threads/200977/
    that thread was locked right away, as I expect this one will be. Why? Because they can't have anyone talking about how bad Shotbow is. You know staff, Highlife, that if you allow people's free speech, it won't cause them to talk about things you don't want them to, it will cause them to feel free and it would greatly change my view on this.
    Also a while ago there was a giveaway. OzrowO, now those or you who know what happened think he was a crook or something. Not at all. OzrowO agreed to be banned from Shotbow forever to let us, jumjumjr, EdieKnox, DeadlyCircus, Margai, Artsandcrafts and I , be unbanned. You should all be thankful to him. Of course he got us in that mess, but by mistake, and he payed a lot to get us out. He can never return to Shotbow.

Now, wait a minute, what kind of a deal is that? No one did anything, why should anyone be banned?

So, if I get banned for this , I guess this is goodbye, it was great knowing you all. I just wonder how many of you will see this before this thread is deleted, and I beg you staff to let them see it. Delete this thread if you are afraid, delete this thread if you are unfair, but if you are just, let everyone see my goodbye and my opinion. Everyone is welcome to theirs.

This is not a rebellion or anything. This is my opinion. Please try and understand.
    I know this message sounds sad, and I am sad, because they will probably ban me when I’m just pointing out the mistakes they have made. But in my heart I am smiling. Because I stood up for what I believe in. Because I’m no longer afraid.
    [IMG]
    -jr

Edit: well, I'm glad I posted this, I have learned a lot from the discussions on this thread, and hopefully others have to. I still hope that the staff lock less threads, and that Highlife would come by now and then to reply to posts on his profile, say hi in the chat, post in the forums, so that we felt like he's this friendly guy we know instead of feeling like he's some distant person who doesn't really care about us or Shotbow that much. But I have realized that people don't get banned for just stating their opinion. Most the people who have made threads like this one have been cursing all over it and saying things that give a good reason for them to be banned. I have also found that there were some things that have not been revealed to the public, and that apparently was looked like something unfair was just something that we didn't know the whole story on.

Thank you all! :)

2. time_lord_kronos Gold

XP:
    119,299xp
    If you get banned for this, it is more than proof of what you are trying to say.
    I hope you don't get banned.
    It'd be a shame to see you go.
    You've been a great friend. My sig is enough testament to that.
  3. Deathwing Emerald

XP:
    147,559xp
    I am somewhat failing to see the point to this thread...
  4. kyogyu Regular Member

XP:
    9,676xp
    You don't get banned for stating your opinion.
  5. jrbarsinister Silver

XP:
    19,839xp
    I have seen it happen before. I have heard people say so before.
    gogbe, a2A209_ and mistriman like this.
  6. jrbarsinister Silver

XP:
    19,839xp
    the point is stating my opinion. I'm not going to lie and pretend anymore. This is what I feel, so I'm going to say so
    a2A209_ and mistriman like this.
  7. Humus Emerald

XP:
    92,262xp
    Wut? You seem to be linking threads being locked and players being banned. That's not even close to accurate...
  8. MrYellowElmo Platinum

XP:
    10,929xp
    Lol no, they're there to prove a point that a lot of people have gotten permabanned for trying to do good or pointing out major flaws about Shotbow.
    MichaelGaming12 and gogbe like this.
  9. Humus Emerald

XP:
    92,262xp

That's what I'm saying. That's not even close to true.
    TheFlurp and Xgorrilaz123 like this.
  10. Kyromagic Gold

XP:
    23,377xp
  11. MrYellowElmo Platinum

XP:
    10,929xp
    Okay, then what did you try to tell me? What's accurate?
  12. Humus Emerald

XP:
    92,262xp

Alright, I'll make a simple, defendable point:

Users only get banned for breaking the rules. Pointing out flaws [appropriately] is not breaking a rule. Therefore pointing out flaws cannot be bannable.
  13. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    Im not sure if i understand this thread. You mean that people have been getting banned for pointing flaws in Shotbow, even though theres supposed to be Freedom of Speech? Because i dont think so. People just need to be careful when pointing flaws, because sometimes you get angry with the flaws and start to swear at the developers and admins, sometimes saying things that would get you banned for public harrassment. However, theres nothing wrong with pointing flaws without menacing or offending anyone.
    redtao, Beernardo9, a2A209_ and 6 others like this.
  14. MrYellowElmo Platinum

XP:
    10,929xp
    Well, banning was a misnomer.
    Jrsbarsinister put the locked thread on (mistriman's thread) to show that it was locked unfairly, even though the idea not being within the time constraints of the developers isn't a reason it should be locked.
  15. jrbarsinister Silver

XP:
    19,839xp
    I'm telling you, if it didn't prove my point this thread would be locked, deleted, and I would probably be banned
  16. Humus Emerald

XP:
    92,262xp

That's what I'm saying. His thread is poorly worded, and makes it sound like he's accusing the admins of banning for free speech-y things. That's wholy and completely inaccurate.

I also agree with Mega:

What is actually going on here? Are you [jrbar] upset that threads get locked to prevent situations known to cause flame wars and public harassment? Are you upset that players get banned for breaking rules? Are you so upset that a thread gets locked, that instead of re-wording it to be less inciteful, you find it better to post a more inciteful response?
    PaidPunkk likes this.
  17. Hughzaz Retired Staff

XP:
    467,945xp
    I'll be locking Britzaz away in the cupboard for this. o:

The way I see it, Shotbow's in fact really open to opinions, ideas, suggestions and more. They even (kinda) have a whole section for pointing out flaws, the bug reports area. :3
    I say this because it's what forums are really for, having one's own say and giving their opinion.

As for mistriman's earlier post, I have no idea why it was locked, although possibly to stop a flame war starting, but if they really wanted to hide it, wouldn't the thread have been deleted? :3
  18. jrbarsinister Silver

XP:
    19,839xp
    I am just saying what I think. I wouldn't think this is Shotbow was more free. People fight in life, get over it. They lock every thread that might lead to how bad they are.
    gogbe likes this.
  19. Humus Emerald

XP:
    92,262xp

I'm fine with that. I just don't understand what you said. You seemed to ramble without ever saying anything...
    PaidPunkk likes this.
  20. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    You have some crazy logic. They are bad because they supposedly dont let people have freedom of speech, but when they do this they do to preventing showing how bad they are?????

Damnit man, make more sense, they arent bad.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.