1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Tech Support A serious request about deleting accounts

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by frpa2000, Jan 2, 2019.

Tech Support - A serious request about deleting accounts
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frpa2000 Regular Member

XP:
    138xp
    Hi, I'm frpa2000. I haven't played in this server for ages and I want to delete my account.

I don't know if anyone of the administration will read this but you MUST delete my account according to the current legality in the european union. I am referring to the newly released GDPR (The EU General Data Protection Regulation).

For starters, no, because you are in the United States (or whatever country) you are not excluded from this regulation. No, not answering does not mean that nothing is going to happen. And yes, not having a mechanism to delete accounts means that you are already committing an illegality.

Before continuing, official link to the regulation: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1528874672298&uri=CELEX%3A32016R0679

Now, and once my request is made about deleting my account:

I communicate you to let you know about my bother with the support service provided, in relation to the elimination of my account/my personal data.
    Several days ago (15th Dec 2018 ), I emailed you indicating that I wanted to use my legal right as a European citizen to delete my personal data from your servers. I was completly ignored.
    Clearly, and in relation to what I communicate and how I communicate it in the first message of the ticket with the support center, I see that my right to delete my personal data has not been respected.
    To inform you, the REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free Movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation), grants me the right to require your company to remove my personal data. Thus, and following the same regulation, your company has the duty to eliminate my personal data "without undue delay". This is included in articles 12, 17 and 23 of the regulation named above.
    I understand that this has resulted in an error or misapplication in your service of the new measures concerning personal data of the European Union and that my personal data may be deleted soon. In case of receiving a refusal, I will be forced to lodge a complaint with my national Data Protection Authority (DPA). In this case, the publications in your forum are over, and it would be the lawyers of my government (and surely also those of the European Union) who contact with Shotbow (or rather HCGaming LLC)
    I am looking forward to your response. Thanks for your time.
    (I made this public to show that I have tried to communicate with you in all possible ways, before proceeding to communicate with you in the legal way.)

2. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    Thank you for your concern.

Shotbow does not target players located in the European Union and does not contain any servers located within the European Union, and as such is not beholden to the laws of the European Union.

That said,

Shotbow does not maintain any personally identifying information. Requests on the forum to delete are answered by an account lock. GDPR-style requests sent through email are answered and may result in a complete deletion of your forum account after confirmation of understanding of all that entails as well as validation that the request is made by the authorized account holder. These are responded to at the earliest time possible, and no sooner.

In summary: We don't have any of your personal data, and your request for deletion via email will be answered as early as possible.
    Mysterious_Seven likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.