1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion A /report command

Discussion in 'The Network' started by gingernut84, Dec 4, 2013.

Suggestion - A /report command
  1. gingernut84 Platinum

XP:
    16,271xp
    So at the moment there are 2 main ways players can report hackers.
    Using the chat and asking for admin assistance, or gathering enough evidence and reporting the player in the report section of the forum.

But I have come up with a new idea the save players time.

Here is an example of my idea.
    Player 1 is at Al Hasa and spots some hackers, lets call them Player 2 and Player 3. His current options would be to try and kill them (poor choice may end up getting killed), log on to the chat and ask for admin assistance (may also get killed when doing this) or taking screenshots/video and then hopping into battle to prove they are hacking. All of these options will most likely end up with Player 1 getting killed.

But imagine a new command.
    Player 1 is at Al Hasa, and sees that Player 2 and 3 are hacking.
    In chat he types /report <player name each name separated with a comma> <suspected hacks>
    What this does is sends a message to the chat box on the forums saying, or a private message to any online admins:
    Player 1: Player 2,Player 3 Forcefield <server>
    The server information could be automatically sent a long with the message to the chat or any online admin.
    To run this command the user would probably have to be registered on the forums, unless there is anyway to bypass this.

Of course this command could get abused easily. People could spam fake reports, or they could be wrong about the hackers. If they do this, the admins could be able to ban those users from using that command temporarily or permanently.

I personally think it could be a good addition, it could save time for the players to hop onto chat and report them. Obviously this command won't just be available in MineZ but available for all Shotbow gamemodes which players can get an unfair advantage in by hacking.
    But there is also the chance that there may be a lot of requests so admins may have to be more active in the chat.

What do you guys think? :D

2. kewlkidalert06 Gold

XP:
    9,700xp
    Good idea, I hate that you have to log onto mumble or something to get an admin, we should have a command to contact them easier.
  3. stuntguy3000 Platinum

XP:
    24,548xp
    This system will result in 90% spam. Another server, which the name is related to the weather (What a Overcast day today....................) have this system, and they have reported almost all of these reports is things like "hacks" - Not descriptive, and not helpful.
    The_Orange_Bird likes this.
  4. jetmotor Platinum

XP:
    39,261xp
    You should make a rule. "DO NOT SPAM /REPORT" to prevent spamming.
    Spamming leads to ban, and ban is not good.
  5. gingernut84 Platinum

XP:
    16,271xp
    I understand that this will be a problem, and action will have to be taken for those who spam.
  6. JuanDeags Platinum

XP:
    15,221xp
    Its fine to name them publicly. It wouldn't really be advertising. They do "work" with us/our devs anyway.
  7. stuntguy3000 Platinum

XP:
    24,548xp
    Really? o_O

(I still wanted to do the not so suttle reference)
  8. stuntguy3000 Platinum

XP:
    24,548xp
    It is not even spamming. What about the utterly useless reports?
  9. gingernut84 Platinum

XP:
    16,271xp
    From what I heard from Darn they are developing a new report system, which will mean this won't be needed.
    But if the reports were useless action may be taken against them. I guess it would be the choice of the admins :/
  10. Sophibutt Platinum

XP:
    146,396xp
    If implemented properly, with a spam filter to only allow reports that include ''forcefield'', ''xray'' and other hacks, then it would be decent.

However, you'd need staff dedicated to just the /report feature, who would have the proper permissions in order to check out any reports.

Overall, a good idea, I support it.
    gingernut84 likes this.
  11. rkpugh95 Regular Member

XP:
    7,173xp
    I really like this idea! Yea, sure there would be some spam, but the admins would know who, and ban them from that command. It would be beneficial to us all, and honestly, writing a descriptive description won't take up that much time and allow other players to have a better time in the future! Great idea!
    gingernut84 likes this.
  12. schiindler Retired Staff

XP:
    214,332xp
    Not everyone follows rules.
    gingernut84 likes this.
  13. iVulcan Platinum

XP:
    108,106xp
    I really like this idea.

DEVS ADD THIS PLOX!
  14. stuntguy3000 Platinum

XP:
    24,548xp
    Maybe even a list of presets?
    gingernut84 likes this.
  15. Crumb_Boi Platinum

XP:
    11,738xp
    this thread has been made by another person and also thought of the /report system but for some reason an admin locked it idk why but i like the /report system but this would lead ragers to false report
  16. Zeafling Platinum

XP:
    61,030xp
    I totally agree with this here statement. I was GOING to make the post, but things fill up my free time. Glad someone posted it :D

The thing is, around 70% of these reports will be just raging players. But, whipity doo da, the other 30% are players that need to be banned. I think the idea is great. Hopefully the new reporting system is similar to this one's. The reporting in the chat is ineffective, since nobody ever checks it at the right moment, and I would say at least 60% of players cannot record....let's hope this new system does not require recording software!
    Davidss10001 likes this.
  17. XDGrangerDX Gold

XP:
    14,322xp

This implies you either are a rager or a hacker. oô
    Bad wording ftw...

Ontopic:
    I often thought about this but in the end its just the same as logging in and reporting it in the chat, minus the logging in part...
  18. Zeafling Platinum

XP:
    61,030xp
    Please, explain your logic o_O
    I am simply stating that, yes, many of the reports WILL be from mad players, while the other small percentage will be someone who needs to be banned....that can be from spam, hacking, or even team griefing.
  19. XDGrangerDX Gold

XP:
    14,322xp
    "are players that need to be banned"

This is bad wording for what you mean, because players that need to be banned are normally not the ones that report, it are those who hack/otherwise break the rules. :stuck_out_tongue:
  20. Zeafling Platinum

XP:
    61,030xp
    :) Thanks for clearing that up. Guess I forgot how I had worded it previously.

Back on topic, the /report command seems to be working great on their servers :D