1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

A Public Service Announcement

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by steels12, Mar 7, 2014.

A Public Service Announcement | Page 11
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KPapaGeorge Platinum

XP:
    21,593xp
    I personally think dat we should have a rating system for stories that are graded by professionals on a 1- 10 ( i used numbers instead of words , ITS THE END OF THE WORLD) that is based on plot ,content and originality.

2. mineeli Regular Member

XP:
    10,357xp
    HAVE YOU NOT READ LIKE ALL OF PAGE 9? They're trying to get a council together of good writers to decide if stories are good enough to get moved to a "Good Roleplay" page, others will stay here on the "Draft Roleplay" page (need better names...) Read the post if you're gonna post stuff.
  3. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    Well, with the actual generation of people who give up on bigger challenges and just want to do everything in the easy way, a "Draft Roleplay" forum wouldnt be a good idea.

However, if the council of good writers agrees that there should be a contest, there will be many players coming. And one idea cant prevent the other one being added.
  4. Nekusakuraba Regular Member

XP:
    18,917xp
    Ratings? Ehhhhh no.

They'll get plenty of "rating" on the criticism they receive.

It's really scary how different my generation is compared to someone two years younger then me.

As far as contests though, I wouldn't really know where to begin with that. Maybe a story based off an idea or theme, but I really don't enjoy the thought of people competing with one another. It's one of those things that just doesn't give me a good feeling about it.
  5. NikkoTheNeko Gold

XP:
    33,265xp
    o_O how old are you???
    And what's wrong with a lil bit of healthy competition?
  6. Nekusakuraba Regular Member

XP:
    18,917xp
    Eighteen starting today.

And not sure. It's one of those things that I can't really explain, I just get bad omens about it for some reason.
    Not a clue as to why, but it's just a feeling. I wouldn't be against contests though, unless I could think of a serious reason as to not have them.
  7. NikkoTheNeko Gold

XP:
    33,265xp
    o_O I'm a year older than you. Yet I'm on of the most immature dickheads on this forum...

If you have a gut feeling go with it. I had a gut feeling meeting a new kid before, turned out he was a narc.
  8. steels12 Regular Member

XP:
    14,728xp
    It's not a "gut feeling" Neku. If there were competitions than we'd loop back to the issue with being able to "vote in" your favorite stories.

Someone like Bracko or Dashi or Jellykid could write the most god-aweful excuse for a paragraph that anyone's ever seen, and it would be upvoted into the official section because they've got a cult-following and it would be "funny".

Someone(s) at some point will have to interfere with their own knowledge and expertise. They would have to be someone(s) that we can trust, which is why I would discount myself: I know what I'm talking about, technically speaking, but no one likes me because I don't treat them like their sweet grandma does.
    Rainbow_Dashi and NikkoTheNeko like this.
  9. NikkoTheNeko Gold

XP:
    33,265xp
    And that's why Im happy you never bothered to read my shit lol
  10. mrnutty12 Platinum

XP:
    20,674xp
    steels, its not your fault they can't handle being treated like someone who can accept criticism and act upon it...
    Some people just live in a bubble of people who baby them into thinking that everything they do is a masterpiece, and they become disgruntled when somebody (such as yourself) pops said bubble. Don't feel like the entire world despises you, it really is just the ignoramuses who cant write (and think that they can) that hate you. Now due to the general intelligence of the community here the number of idiots vastly outnumber those who appear as though they have a functioning brain.

jus' my $0.02
  11. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    I think we would need a council for the tournament, too.
  12. jrbarsinister Silver

XP:
    19,839xp
    yea

contests are good. Their not something to try and "beat" others. It's just to have fun and get people to write with fun prompts!

The council for another thread is a big commitment that I can't commit to, but for a contest I would definitely love to be on the jury!
  13. mineeli Regular Member

XP:
    10,357xp
    Nobody is asking you to be on the council, so don't act like we would. You wouldn't necessarily be voted onto said "jury" either, you have to be a good writer, or at least know how to judge writing well, and I haven't seen evidence you've even written anything here. I understand you think you should be able to because it's "Your idea" but that's not how it works.
  14. steels12 Regular Member

XP:
    14,728xp
    Mineeli, before she comes back to rant, let me quote her for a second:

and that's why she can't be on the council
    mrnutty12 likes this.
  15. KPapaGeorge Platinum

XP:
    21,593xp
    I have read it. Personally I don't like the council idea. I find it restricting people from posting on the roleplay section.
  16. steels12 Regular Member

XP:
    14,728xp
    I think it would do the opposite.

It would provide friendly competition, people could sort of compete, trying to be better and more original to rise to the top.

Alternatively, it would also give people something to strive for like "oh hey, these writers that I respect enjoyed my writing enough to put it up with the best of the best" and isn't that a wonderful feeling?

Lastly, it would also provide a sort of "amateur" section that would give people a place to write WITHOUT people like me or pyros or neku chewing out their little paragraph stories.
    NikkoTheNeko likes this.
  17. ZomBry Retired Staff

XP:
    160,894xp
    Okay, this thread has gone on long enough with constant off-topic posts and flames by both sides. The council thing will be worked out and I will see what I can do about the subsection. This subsection will be locked and only admins will be able to move posts in there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.