1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Question A New MineZ Map

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Oraceon, Apr 1, 2019.

Question - A New MineZ Map
  1. Oraceon Obsidian

XP:
    18,535xp
    Introduction -
    I'd like to first say that after a brief break from MineZ and Shotbnow as whole, I plan to return to the game again. I've seen MineZ's broken state as it is now; it's state comes as a surprise to nobody. This post is not made to completely hate on the game because as dry and bitter the gamemode currently feels, I still love it because of the personal value I have for it. I wouldn't be the person I am today or know the people I know today without the game. It help shaped who I am and where I am in life - good and bad, so believe me when I suggest something or criticize the game, it comes out of care for where the game will go. I digress. I'm here to explain the main reason I believe a new map would help as well as some questions concerning the matter.

Why a New Map would Help Revive the Game -
    To begin with, no matter how much rebuilding or adding of new towns, or even expanding of the current map is done, it will always feel stale and boring because EVERYTHING has already been explored and discovered and there is no longer any reason to play outside of pvp or just passing time. The main reason I used to play back in 2012 and 2013 was because there was always something new being added and changes being made. The map was so mysterious and there were so many secrets. Those secrets have sense been discovered and the mysteriousness of the game is all but a thing in the past. I will repeat that no amount of rebuilding or adding of a town or minor location or two will EVER change this. The only possible way to bring the exploration aspect back into the game is to add a new map, but keep the same game mechanics MineZ currently has.

I would like to point out that I am NOT suggesting that we remove the current map as there will always be players who want to gear up and quickly make their way to Al Hasa for a fight and even some who feel too attached to the current map to leave it completely. What I AM suggesting is to have two maps, the old and the new - both use the same plugins, but have separate inventories and stats. The current MineZ mechanics, while some need to be re-added or removed or fixed, are generally solid and work well with the gamemode, so there is no reason to add any mechanical differences between the game. Update both maps with the same mechanics as they are released. Continue to treat them as the same game.
    DayZ did this and this allowed DayZ to last longer by having multiple maps that players could explore.

Addresing Reasons for why there should not be a New Map
    -
    Every argument has counter arguments and opinions, which I respect, so I will go ahead and address some of them. One of the first arguments, which I've seen before multiple times, is that adding a new map will void the work of the current map and basically means all the devs and builders wasted time with their builds. First of all, this is not true at all. By adding a new map, you bring both old and new players to the server. These players may at first, focus on the new map, but there will always be people who go back to the old map to play with their friends to explore or to gear up for fights at Al Hasa. The new players may even see the old map as all of us vets once saw it - they will explore it and be curious about uncovering its secrets - only this time they'll have double the workload, allowing them to explore both maps, which keeps them into the game longer. Another argument I'd like to make against this is the fact that the MineZ population is already so low, that it doesn't matter if more people played on the new map or not because their playtime on the new map still helps grow the server as a whole, which draws people into the gamemode, which increases the amount of new players, and like stated above, they will play both maps as both are new to them.

Another one the arguments against my suggestion is that it will add extra workload to the server and the builders wont have time to focus on the current projects. I'd like to address this by saying that there are dozens of submitted projects for MineZ that the community made that "didn't fit into the current MineZ." My proposal is to use these old submissions and possible work them into the new map. That would require less builders to build entirely new projects. In addition, I would plan to submit a map layout to kickstart the new map project. I have a group of people who are willing to help, so it would get done in no time at all. Another argument against this is that adding a new map will spark a higher number of player submissions as players would work with haste to put their mark on the new MineZ world.

Conclusion and a Question -
    There is literally nothing but good reasons to add a new map and by neglecting the opportunity to do so while the server still has a stable playerbase, means that Shotbow is missing the chance to bring their server back to its former glory. And if you're one of those who says it wont happen, look at DayZ. DayZ is now on console and is receiving thousands of stream and YouTube views a day because the game has a new map and new mechanics. It feels new and fresh and players think so too. The same thing can happen with MineZ is shotbow takes this opportunity.

My question now is: If I were to build a great map that would help kickstart this project to put less load on the builders, would it even be looked at and considered, or would it just be thrown away and the idea of a second map just be forgotten? I'd like to know if my map submission would be considered before the staff just say no to the whole idea. I am willing to work on the project, but I need to know if I should spend the time to do so.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you truly consider the words I have said.

2. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    Read it, not really much to say against it except it wont happen. The time it would take to build a completely new map from scratch would be insane, and is not the time shotbow has.
  3. Oraceon Obsidian

XP:
    18,535xp

Sigh. Did you even read the part where I said Shotbow doesn't need to build it?
  4. iFritzy Regular Member

XP:
    58,695xp
    Lmao there is nowadays not more than 45+ players at best, so with 2 map there will be not many players in each server.
    Tozzu likes this.
  5. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    Again- there isn't enough time to build a completely new map from scratch, no matter who builds it.
    Meme_MC likes this.
  6. Oraceon Obsidian

XP:
    18,535xp

People have been saying that for years, and yet here we are. MineZ still stands.