1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

A leaner, cleaner name

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Navarr, Sep 3, 2015.

A leaner, cleaner name
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    We've called ourselves "The Shotbow Network" for quite a long time now, haven't we? It's always been a bit redundant (of course we're a network!) and the The has caused an endless amount of confusion over whether or not it should be capitalized and should it be excluded.

Well, no more! You may resume calling us what you've always called us - "Shotbow."

One word, one simple word to describe some of the best games in Minecraft - one word easily reflected by our signature symbol:

[IMG]

We don't need the level of formality that "The" and "Network" imply. We're here to have fun - and so are you.

Thank you for flying Shotbow.

2. xSandblast Emerald

XP:
    245,023xp
    Well dosh darn it's taken you long enough
  3. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp

I realized how silly it was about a month or two ago. Made sure that it went through several levels of administration and final sign off so that everyone was on board and any negative feelings towards the move would be echoed and taken into consideration.

Except there were none! A few people miss our long, formal name - but in the end "Shotbow" is much more down to earth and represents who we are that much better.

- It's also a happy coincidence that this finalizes the same week that Google and Verizon update their own logos.
    a2A209_, KoenigApfel, Prorsus and 9 others like this.
  4. xSandblast Emerald

XP:
    245,023xp

Yeah we're just as good as Google and Verizon!
    KoenigApfel and Shady_Oak like this.
  5. DutchSurvivor Obsidian

XP:
    726,831xp
    Today I wrote a cretain amount of messages with The Shotbow Network.... EVERYTHING CAPSSS ;w;

Well...

Thnx Navarr :wink:
  6. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    215,738xp
    Hmm, Guess most called it shotbow anyway. Seemed mre formal with Network in it though! Guess it doesnt matter anyway :stuck_out_tongue:
  7. Ninja_Bacn Platinum

XP:
    191,885xp
    Wait, it was called "The Shotbow Network" before?
  8. Superbob1000 Retired Staff

XP:
    87,366xp
    Cool. I don't know which one I like better! :lmao:
  9. SkeletonXF238 Regular Member

XP:
    44,303xp
    'The Shotbow Network' always felt to me like it was remembering how Shotbow introduced the idea of networked servers and hubs before most other servers. Ah well.

Edit: Also announcing a name change has been taken as a challenge to find the old logo on the site everywhere I can.
    Shady_Oak and Superbob1000 like this.
  10. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    122,362xp
  11. PixelTheDragon Regular Member

XP:
    25,727xp
    THE UPDATE TO CHANGE THE NETWORK FOREVER!
    Actually I have been kind of wondering why SMASH was the only minigame you see a Shotbow actually used in, kind of funny!
  12. Superbob1000 Retired Staff

XP:
    87,366xp
    Actually, a discouragement game named Shotbow Games was taken out, but it had a class called ShotBow!! :)
    Star_Fox_64 likes this.
  13. PixelTheDragon Regular Member

XP:
    25,727xp
    A discouragement game? What's that?
  14. Superbob1000 Retired Staff

XP:
    87,366xp
    I mean a discontinued game, haha!
  15. PixelTheDragon Regular Member

XP:
    25,727xp
    Ok, that makes more sense! I thought it was a game where everyone complained that the Shotbow was an overpowered weapon and hated players who used it! Anyways, shooting up MineZ zombies would be pretty fun! Then again Chewbacca's Bowcaster in Assault works pretty much like a Shotbow, just with a star-wars skin!
    Superbob1000 likes this.
  16. Litnetti Emerald

XP:
    129,775xp
    Air Shotbow
    OneZedArmy likes this.
  17. Orangechrisy Platinum

XP:
    7,785xp
    the title of this thread sounds like shotbow went on a diet and went to the gym to workout and is now lean.
    Fluff_May_Derp likes this.
  18. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    Are YOU the one that filed the bug report about buycraft?

There are still some places that are harder to update than others. I'm working on it, though.
    SkeletonXF238 and Unicycle43 like this.
  19. Unicycle43 Retired Staff

XP:
    322,934xp
    Woot +1
    This will make things a lot easier
  20. TunaFeesh Platinum

XP:
    213,183xp
    Interesting, whenever talking about you guys I always say Shotbow anyway.:stuck_out_tongue:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.