1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion A guide for some circumstances

Discussion in 'The Network' started by IBlakeI, Mar 20, 2014.

Discussion - A guide for some circumstances
  1. IBlakeI Emerald

XP:
    982,331xp
    Before I start, I'd like to say that this is a mixture between a Discussion thread and a Suggestion thread. Secondly, this is not a flame thread,
    but a thread to try and decrease the rate of commonly asked, annoying questions. Which of some will be listed below with some information and/or a possible suggestion paired with it.

Now I will get started with some examples of commonly asked questions and explain the problems behind them.

"My appeal hasn't been checked in like 5 days! Can somebody take a look please?"
    Re: Now this is different from one who has made a ban appeals and asks for it to be checked five minutes later.. What if a legitimate player was banned for something he didn't actually commit, and when he made an appeal he got no response? Well I see different people respond to these players' questions in different ways. Such as which are, "Just wait a week and then make a new appeal." Others are, "You shouldn't discuss bans in chat." Which statement do they follow? If they can't discuss bans in chat, then how would they know what to do? How would they know who to listen to if an administrator isn't online?

Here is when a small suggestion comes in.
    What about a sticky'd thread with some of these common questions? Of which an example would be as listed above, where if a player is banned for 5 days, what do they do. Asking in chat is just a waste of breath for the administrators that have to reply, so this would be a nice touch.

Another common question I see is, "Hey I reported this person and he's still in here "hacking". I've already reported but he's still here ruining my game experience." Also, after a player reports in the proper format of !ChatReport, "I don't have recording software, and this guy is still "hacking" in my game. Please can somebody come? I've already reported like twice." Now I can see where some of you may question me here, like "Matt, I'm sure they're there, just invisible, or the "hacker" really isn't hacking, and the report was denied."
    It'd be good to know this information though! At least a way to know if an administrator is in the game by the player whom reported them, starting from this point on. There would be no need to tell anybody else, just whom reported the player.

All I ask of these commonly asked question is from this point on to be a notification at least, that an administrator reviewed the game. That way people wouldn't have to spam the Chat Box with a similar response along the lines of the example question.

Another question I'd like to address is "Help how do I get archer", a question based on Annihilation. Now this has been discussed plenty of times and asked and answered plenty of times, but is it really necessary for there to need to be this question asked all the time?

Possibly in this sticky'd thread, stating the commonly-known questions, which for one could be about the stats. Any questions commonly noticed could be added to this thread, other than the rules. Because I know for a fact there is no sticky'd thread that explains this particular issue. You may refer to the announcements that come, but they hardly list any common-known problems. Only every now and then a question is answered there.

Another question. "How do I get staff?" Now I don't know if this bothers any of you, but it too, is a commonly-asked question. Now in this, lets say, "sticky'd thread", it could list the answer of this question, that way players wouldn't be frowned upon by asking this question. Now just because I may not agree with a response at all from this question, it's still given by some administrators, therefore be on the sticky'd thead.

I hope you guys understand that this is not a flame thread complaining about all the problems of Shotbow. There are a lot of good things about Shotbow, and some bad things along with it. This, again, is just to try to avoid these commonly-asked, annoying questions. Feel free to post any comments, rage or agreement. I will accept your opinion, if you accept mine.

2. SocomX1 Retired Staff

XP:
    293,866xp
    You're definitely going to want to format that, or I don't think anyone will bother to read it.
    Davidss10001 and mistriman like this.
  3. IBlakeI Emerald

XP:
    982,331xp
    Okay. Most has been formatted now. I may fix some details here and there every now and then.
  4. franceguy Silver

XP:
    17,858xp
    I think he ment you should have sections.
  5. SocomX1 Retired Staff

XP:
    293,866xp

No, I meant spacing, which is what he did.
  6. franceguy Silver

XP:
    17,858xp
    Oh i didn't see the original copy.
  7. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    But what if a gamemode is dead? Whats done on those circumstances? Well, "awaiting" isnt really possible.
  8. NinjaTinklePower Regular Member

XP:
    4,862xp
    The colors!!! It burns
  9. NinjaTinklePower Regular Member

XP:
    4,862xp
    Please don't complain about wasted here. Nobody gives a crap
  10. Hughzaz Retired Staff

XP:
    467,945xp
    Instead of a stickied thread, how about a little FAQ under the rules? Of maybe a whole new tab altogether? :3

Either way, good show, and a FAQ of any sorts would be brilliant! =D
  11. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    You act like everyone gave a crap about you answering me and thinking Wasted isnt dead.

Please, stop being a stupid stalker who follows me by the forums just to see if im talking about a dead gamemode or not.

You already proven yourself as a stupid kid, so, again: Get some maturity and stop trying to start a flame war, then talk to me.
  12. NinjaTinklePower Regular Member

XP:
    4,862xp
    I don't follow you around. Its just every forum I go to I see you whining about wasted, grow up and let the staff handle the issue
  13. Sophibutt Platinum

XP:
    146,396xp
    Having a common sticky for this isn't a bad idea, I like it a lot. The only problem I can see is that, well.. from my experience within the Bug Reports, quite a few people don't read stickies, they just like to post - and although that's alright, I feel having a sticky for this purpose would be a bit of a waste, but then again - it would be no harm done.

Overall, a good suggestion, although.. those colours! Ick! Very bright.

Alright, quit the flaming.
  14. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    Just tell the guy over here to ignore my posts instead of trying to get me pissed.
  15. NinjaTinklePower Regular Member

XP:
    4,862xp
    And tell the guy right there to quit being a whiny four year old and stop spamming every forum with your annoying wasted is dead posts
  16. IBlakeI Emerald

XP:
    982,331xp
    I can see how some people wouldn't bother reading it. But it could help a little at least. And sorry about the colors :stuck_out_tongue: