1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion A Comprehensive Review of Annihilation in September 2020

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Oraceon, Sep 13, 2020.

Discussion - A Comprehensive Review of Annihilation in September 2020
  1. Oraceon Obsidian

XP:
    6,287xp
    I'd like to begin this thread by saying: I've been playing Shotbow since it was only MineZ in 2012. In addition, I've been playing Annihilation since its introduction in 2013. I've seen the game evolve and perhaps, devolve, in many ways throughout the years. After taking a quite a long break from the game, I've returned to have noticed *many* issues with the recent update and the game overall.

First of all, the game is still fun, as it has always been, if a bit more balanced that it once was when teams could stack 10000 players on Green and 0 on Blue. There really isn't much more to say about this since the game has essentially changed zero in terms of gameplay in the last seven years, not that that is much of a problem since it is what it has always intended to be: a Team-based 1x4 League of Legends type game with comprehensive classes and resource gathering. However, there have been some major issues I've noticed recently.

I should first state that I'm playing on version 1.16.2 with only Optifine installed. I have noticed that the issues I'm about to discussed have been brought up by people playing on other versions as well, including 1.14.

Bows - half of my shots do not fire despite my bow being fully drawn back. Its inconsistent and is impossible to do on purpose - it just happens about 50% of the time I try to fire. Not much more to it. Its a game changer and has caused me to die many times.

Food - the VAST majority of the time I try to eat food, it will simply stay in the eating animation and not consume it - an issue brought over from MineZ that MineZ has had since 2018 - also caused me to die since food is essential for regaining health in game.

Void Scorpioing - honestly still just as annoying as it used to be, and in my opinion, just kills the fun. Its a cheap trick anybody can do and really just feels like it shouldn't be allowed.

God Apples - I've noticed SO many more God Apples appearing - including people having them and using them to rush and destroy a whole team on Phase 2 - which has happened more than once. God Apples I just feel shouldn't be craftable until at least Phase 4 or 5, when teams actually have a chance to gear to repel a God Apple rush.

Any of you guys have these issues or have any others with the game? Let me know.

2. FrozenEarth Regular Member

XP:
    10,967xp
    When you stop moving while sprinting you'll retain some of that speed and move at a faster pace, which the game doesn't like and won't let you eat or shoot until you stop and go back to regular slowed movement.
    JTGangsterLP6 likes this.
  3. JTGangsterLP6 Annihilation Co-Lead

XP:
    6,244,079xp
    In 1.14.2, Mojang changed the way you move when you start interacting with items while sprinting/sprint jumping. That clashes with Anni's base version 1.12.2. You won't experience those issues at all, if you play on 1.12.2 - 1.14.1. If you don't want to switch from 1.16.2, you should try to stand still, walk or walk jump when interacting with items. It's on our list of problems to look into.

While void scorping is a valid strategy, we nerfed it recently:
    Oraceon likes this.
  4. Oraceon Obsidian

XP:
    6,287xp
    Thanks for the feedback.
    JTGangsterLP6 likes this.