1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion How Can Shotbow Improve?

Discussion in 'The Network' started by AlecJ, Oct 20, 2013.

Discussion - How Can Shotbow Improve? | Page 3
  1. ZomBry Retired Staff

XP:
    160,894xp
    Personally, I would like to see these suggestions below implemented onto the forums:

1. Stricter enforcement of rules in the forums, especially the Annihilation section, where people are "apparently" asking for likes in exchange for a chance to win a prize.

2. The like count be removed from public view but not profile view. It makes people feel as if they are "superior" to those who posts once in a while.

3. Signature limit be increased slightly.... it's irritating to try to find that perfect picture to put down and realizing it cuts off by ~2-4 centimeters.

4. A certain suggestion panel rank to give good suggestions to the staff directly. Have no powers at all besides the idea to redirect good suggestions to the staff.

5. A report section for "account scammers" (Look, if you say your password it doesn't show, heres mine: *****)

Shotbow as a whole:

1. More staff assigned to SPECIFIC gamemodes, an example is AlecJames who moderates Annihilation. (Eventually he will be a full-Shotbow admin after he can be trusted with his powers)

2. A way to refund a kit every ~3 months. Lets say I bought the "medic" class for permanent 3 months ago, I don't play it anymore so I refund it.

2A. A way to refund the kit before a day has passed. I have seen people buy the anni kits and do not like them, so I suggest a way for people to buy the kit and refund it within a day. It can only be used once every 2 weeks?

3. The disabling of /pwsg and /punchwood in all the servers except the lobby.

I will probably post more later... (brb project due tomorrow and procrastinating)

2. SirDeadPool Regular Member

XP:
    10,058xp

[IMG]
    Tdiaz5, uglypoe, MasterB99 and 2 others like this.
  3. nray93 Silver

XP:
    19,291xp
    Hmm, I guess I will start listing the points that really bother me about shotbow at the moment:

1. Staff Feedback -> Bigfoot (only a few think it exists, and almost no one can claim they have seen it, at least more then once every few months in 1 of 1000 suggestions)). Seriously no one makes suggestions so that you ignore them, at least give an occasional feedback or point out critical flaws about an idea. No need for a definite implement/not implement answer.

2. With a new update we get 99 new things but a bugfix ain´t one. Best example are the 3 invisible glitches. Mech in Wasted ; Survivor in Ghostcraft ; Player in Smash. If your opponent is affected by any of the 3 you are totaly screwed and have almost no way of fighting back since even if you hit that spot your client won´t try to attack the enemy. And those are game ruining bugs which are there since a while and are still there. What I am trying to say is that while I appreciate the new stuff I have to say that I would really prefer critical bugs like those 3 I mentioned to be fixed so that the gamemode is more enjoyable in general.

3. Now this is a suggestion rather then a complaint. I would love it if there where something like a monthly tournament in a random gamemode (free for all) where everyone can compete with eachother. I mean one thing that every gamemode except smash is missing is a Rank feature where good players can be differentiate themselves from less good players.
    One system I would personaly like would be a ticket system where you would have to buy a ticket in the xp shop to get access to the tournament. This could allow a larger xp price at the end (depending on the amount of players who would have had to pay xp to participate).
    Also it would promote the different games of the shotbow network so that none has to die like lms or dbv (it nearly dead with VERY few players).
  4. Subject_617 Platinum

XP:
    380,020xp
    I made a thread about this in August, pretty much the exact same idea.
    http://shotbow.net/forum/threads/66802/
  5. cpane Silver

XP:
    58,256xp
    I think a spectate mode in annihilation would be nice. That game always has hackers and you can't always get a clear view of their names before you die or your nexus is destroyed. Just prevent spectators from using the (all) chat to prevent ghosting and those with recording software can get a clear shot of the hackers and their actions.

Since the losing team might have been done in by hackers im sure they would be more than happy to report them.
    Glitchyy likes this.
  6. Hughzaz Retired Staff

XP:
    467,945xp
    One thing I'd like to see, Hmm...

DBV on EU would be a certain plus! :D
    I would go play it on US, but my internet can't handle the US servers. :c
  7. gman394 Regular Member

XP:
    10,462xp
    Make XP easier to get, its just way too hard to get this stuff and everything is priced insanely!
  8. schiindler Retired Staff

XP:
    214,332xp
    I'd like reasons on why some builds and suggestions aren't taken. There are very good suggestions out there that have been passed along. Why can't they be made? Why can't the builds which Have already been built aren't added.
  9. ZomBry Retired Staff

XP:
    160,894xp
    All right, I promised that I would give more ideas in a later post, so here it is:

DBV

1. More maps (I would gladly make them if Highlife still has time for me)

2. XP added (Heres an example of xp in DBV: http://shotbow.net/forum/threads/16540/)

3. The clearing of leaderboards.

4. Fix that server crashing bug that occurs when somebody beats a map.

SBG

1. Nerf those kits that gives you Strength. (Merman, Crazed, Hulk etc.)

2. More xp for winning? (Smash gives out more than SBG at this point)

3. Buff the Insta Health 1 to Insta-Health 2.

4. Add more Insta-health recipies. (Brown + Red mushies + Glass bottle = Insta Health 1.) (Include the recipe for 3 cocoa beans + 1 glass pot = Insta Health 2.)

5. Make all the kits purchasable, (Icicles, linkage, Bourne, etc.)

MineZ
    1. Buff Snowballs. Make them attract zombies no matter what. (Joke suggestion)

2. Change the loot map. People are too familiar with the map chests atm.

3. Zombie hordes attack towns and groups of players. (5 people = 30 zombies)

4. Nerf the wooden hoe's knockback and durability. (Joke suggestion)

Ghostcraft
    1. Buff Archer

2. Remove soldier's strength potion and replace it with a glistening melon that heals 2-3 hearts once upon use.

3. Invisibility bug with survivors be fixed, maybe insta-kill everybody at the end of a round?

4. Add Fishbow (Joke)

Smash
    1. Instead of ending a round when times up, if there are survivors, have 3 singularity nukes be dropped to the left, mid, and right of the map.

1a. Sudden Death - Have cluster grenades fall from the sky.

1b. Sudden Death - A hit will launch a person across the map.

1ab. Cluster grenades fall from the sky and a hit from anything will send you into the void.

2. An item that teleports everyone into a specific spot. (Tp's you as well)

3. Those particle effects and taunts be turned on automatically.

(I will think of more later... I think this is long enough....)

10. hiddenbun Retired Staff

XP:
    569xp
    XP is meant to be earned through a long period of time, not just given to you. If XP was easy to get, then everyone would have all the new stuff. When everyone has the new stuff, noone does. Also, there have been countless threads posted about XP.
  11. 20thCenturyBoy Retired Staff

XP:
    184,049xp
    First of all!
    Thanks for being here, running The Shotbow Network and supporting us!

How do you feel that the builds and maps are? Do they have a good balance of practicality and beauty?

You're doing an awesome job concerning MineZ!
    I also do like the Annihilation maps.
    Furthermore I can only talk about the Wasted map. There was like nothing broken, did not match this war-like scenario. After long fights, especially with the rocket-launcher, it did fit much better.

What do you think of the Bug Reports forum? Are they being answered/fixed? What is being done right, and what could be done better?

I try to support the staff as best as I can do and because I'm playing Annihilation most of the time nowadays, I do spend quite a time reporting bugs or confirming bugs other players having reported.
    We barely do get an answer on the Bug Reports & Technical Support forum.
    At least I do get the feeling then that I don't know if it get noticed or not.
    I know it is a lot of work that the staff does and you're doing a great job but I do think that there should be a staff member who is replying frequently to the bug reports for several reasons:
    • That we do know that you've noticed this report.
    • That this bug does not get reported over and over again.
    • That we do get the feeling that you appreciate our reports and are not annoyed by us.
    There is only one matter I'm a little bit mad about at the moment .
    Concerning the EU servers of Wasted Classic Sandbox Mode.
    It is down since a long time (about a month) and it took weeks until someone replied to take over this matter. I seriously don't want to flame Majicou!
    Thanks for working on it, replying to us and give us the feeling that you're not totally are annoyed by us. Don't get me wrong and please do not feel personal offended.
    This is just the one of the many times this game mode's community had to suffer.
    I know that you're working on much stuff, but this is just an example.
    When this game mode came out it became bigger and bigger and had a great community.
    Clans had been formed and there were still many independent players.
    This all is gone, gone forever. Since it was down too many times, for too long or unplayable because server issues ... but again in September there were around 100 (in May we had 300+ playing and of course I know that it would have been less without all the problems because of Annihilation but still there would play more if this mode would have the support on EU which it should have) players playing on it and we really could have some fun.
    Then it went down... and is still down. I've great memories about this game mode but well, will only stay memories.
    Maybe there should be a staff member especially for the Bug Reports & Technical Support forum to reply to the community and collecting the most important stuff and bringing it forward to the staff members who are working on this game modes.

How do you feel about the updates put out? Do you like the updates/are they something you wanted to see implemented?

At the moment actually I'm personally only interested in the Annihilation (and MineZ :wink:) updates. I'd prefer that there would be an update without a content update or new classes but having all the bugs fixed which got reported since a long time. Maybe it would be a help for the people who makes suggestions concerning game modes what you are looking for. What you have done for LMS.

Do you feel that the community is being heard/listened to enough? Why do you think this?

After being around for quite a while I do get more and more the feeling of being a member of a second class and that I've to wait much longer for a response, help, fixes than the first class.
    I'm talking about the US and EU network.
    For example: leaderboards, statistics and so on for all of the game modes on the website. It's there... for the US community but not for us on the EU entwork.
    I've wrote Navarr about it and he said they've it in mind.
    This let me hope and feel a little bit better. But still I've witnessed so many times since May that we, the people from the EU, have to be more patient to get servers up again or stuff fixed et cetera.
    You're doing a great job! Don't feel personal offended. It is just what players around me and I do think.
  12. Creeplet Silver

XP:
    53,314xp

Double XP Wednesdays.
  13. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    We need a Wasted update, public GunZ, maybe some good community buildings to be added at games and more Staff attention...Sorry for asking, i know Shotbow has not much staff members but...
  14. jugularvein123 Silver

XP:
    19,663xp
    *revamp*
    lucas9999333 likes this.
  15. matjellison Regular Member

XP:
    34,575xp
    Remove Jetpacks from Wasted.
    Bukkitman32 likes this.
  16. ThordFox Emerald

XP:
    36,639xp
    ... I wont dignify that with an answer
  17. Mr_Claym0re Platinum

XP:
    41,195xp
    There is one thing, one thing I have always wanted in Shotbow.
    Moderators who simply play the gamemodes and enforce the rules, a simple AntiCheat can't replace a human being, I know a server, bigger than shotbow(not telling names) and the amount of hackers is extremely low compared to shotbow where I encounter at least 2 hackers and 10 people swearing and raging at each other. So why not get some trustworthy people and put them as a trial mod like Rainbow_Dashi, I am sure that it would change the general shotbow experience by alot, having a fair environment to play in is the most important thing for me when it comes to competitive games.
    Excuse me for any typos, wrote this on my mobile while on the bus.

-Clay
  18. gman394 Regular Member

XP:
    10,462xp
    Monthly XP boost weekends, this will double xp gained over the weekend.
  19. ThordFox Emerald

XP:
    36,639xp
  20. Bracko Emerald

XP:
    238,128xp
    I would happily support the implementation of extra in-game moderators. This would help keep Shotbow clean. :D