1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Kingdom Wars! New Game-mode

Discussion in 'The Network' started by olpacker, Sep 3, 2013.

Suggestion - Kingdom Wars! New Game-mode
  1. olpacker Regular Member

XP:
    14,972xp
    Kingdom Wars

So to put it bluntly I want a PVP combat zone in which the player can level up his abilities to better equip himself which will enable the hero to complete objectives more easily. I want the player to be immersed into an epic combat zone where he doesn’t have to worry about losing his stuff if he dies, because he will, many, many times.

So what is the main point of this Game-mode?

I have noticed that there is a lack of a Kit-PVP game-mode on the shotbow network. There are many people who have tried to come up with a Kit-PVP game-mode, but obviously without success since they have not adopted any yet. I would like to think that my idea will meet a great demand among shotbow players.

So where do we start?

We can start with the name. Since this game-mode is based off of mass battles I would like to think something of that scale. Like
    -Kingdom Wars
    -ShotBow Heroes
    I’m not quite sure what to call it, so if you have any suggestions please post.

I don’t have the time or the patience to read all this, can you give me a basic run-down on what this is all about?
    OK
    There are two teams, one defending and one attacking. Each team is composed of 70 players. There are 3“Control” points that are on the map. The defending team must defend these areas, while the attacking team tries to take them. Once the attacking team has taken all of the areas they must kill the Nexus which has 100 health (similar to Annihilation). In order for the defending team to win they must survive a time period of 30 minutes.

You have me interested, Could you go into more detail?

ATTACKING TEAM
    As the attacking team it is your job to capture the castle. But unlucky for you the battlefield is littered with traps, walls, and people who want to shoot you in the face. Your team is composed of 70 players, which will be sub-divided into 2 groups, Blue and Yellow. You Respawn in waves every 3 minutes at point G, which is your starting point, your respawn time also decreases by 30 seconds for every Control point your team controls.
    Team Blue will be responsible for capturing Control point A. Then they will have to defend Point A till Yellow has captured control point B. Your control point CAN be recaptured if your team does not control both points, so defend it once captured. Once both teams have captured their respective control points they cannot be recaptured by the defending team. The next point they will have to capture is point C. Your team as a whole will have to throw yourselves at this Control point because it will be the hardest to take. Mass attacks would be most effective. After you have captured point C you must destroy the defending teams NEXUS. It is a wool block and has 100 health, all players are equipped with sheers.

DEFENDING TEAM
    As the defending team it is your job to defend the 3 control points laid out across the map. You will have all the advantages. But that comes at a price, your team has a respawn limit of 210. That means that your team composed of 70 players can only respawn 3 times each, if everyone is fair, which is doubtful. If you run out of respawns defend until your Nexus is destroyed. You have two respawn locations that are located to the left and the right of your Nexus, not right on top of the Nexus, but a reasonable distance away. If you lose Control point C, you can take it back. Once you recapture Point C Control points A and B can Once again be recaptured, You will have 5 minutes to Capture AT-LEAST one point. Or else you will lose the ability to take them back for another 10 minutes.

So what kind of classes can I get?

Classes will be pretty much the same as in Annihilation, all but a few exceptions since you can’t interact with the landscape (IE mining ores). Each class will be given a pair of sheers to destroy the nexus. I will put more detail if you really want me to, but I didn't think it was relivant, unless I get positive feedback.
    The Warrior class will get a buff, giving him iron armor and a iron sword.
    The Archer class will get a buff, adding extra arrows to his quiver and giving him a power 2 bow.
    The Teleporter class will get a buff, giving him gold armor
    The Berserker class will get a buff, giving him iron armor and a iron axe.
    The Acrobat will get a buff, giving him gold armor and feather-falling 2 boots
    The Medic class will get a buff, giving him constant regeneration 1 effect and gold armor plus a gold sword.
    The Scorpio class will get a nerf, giving him a knockback 2 sword

I like it!! Where do I sign up?

In order to make this game-mode happen I will need the HELP of all ShotBow players, Please LEAVE A COMMENT, and LIKE this page.
    Thank you,

olpacker
    valkyrieX888 and tgif52912 like this.

2. tgif52912 Regular Member

XP:
    11,408xp
    It actually sounds interesting and fun. I would like to hear more about it. And I would like to hear about the shears more as well.
  3. diamond1 Silver

XP:
    36,053xp
    make it as a maximum of 70 on each team and like the team limit idea from annihalation.
    \
    it would be even better if they had to CRAFT the item to destroy the nexus. that is only IF the attacking team has more players than defending team because then it will take a bit of a while for them to get another one
  4. valkyrieX888 Regular Member

XP:
    24,275xp
    I LOVE IT, but please remove the spawn limit :), for sake of joy
  5. olpacker Regular Member

XP:
    14,972xp
    I don't understand this, are you talking about the size of the teams?

The thing is, unlike Annihilation you can't interact with the landscape. So each player would have to be given the tool necessary to destroy the nexus.
    :D
    I would love too, except the fact that if you didn't have a limit on respawn the attacking team would never be able to win. Maybe increase the spawn number? Or a shorter delay? maybe of like 30 seconds?

I'm trying to make this the most balanced game-mode, where your victory is by working together as a team and strategy, not because you have a better weapon.
  6. ThePandemos Platinum

XP:
    30,182xp
    maybe fit in a mini gamefor ANNI like last man standing (LMS) for minez?